Disappointed at the NFL (Monday night game)

Nasty

The thursday nite game against the jets last year was pretty ugly? Really? I think you should get ur facts straight. We lost 19-13. I dont think losing by six is ugly. Ugly would be the sunday nite home loss to the patriots..what was it 56-10?

I suspect he was talking about the overall quality of play sucking, not that it was boring because of a blowout.

I suspect he was talking about the overall quality of play sucking, not that it was boring because of a blowout.

Um, yes, I was indeed talking about the overall quality of play. Fitz was 9 of 23 for 98 yards with a lost fumble and an interception. Freddie had 13 carries for 31 yards (one went for 13 yards so other then that he averaged 1 1/2 yards per carry). Lynch did play well, but overal it was not the kind of performance that encouraged more prime time games for the team

Um, yes, I was indeed talking about the overall quality of play. Fitz was 9 of 23 for 98 yards with a lost fumble and an interception. Freddie had 13 carries for 31 yards (one went for 13 yards so other then that he averaged 1 1/2 yards per carry). Lynch did play well, but overal it was not the kind of performance that encouraged more prime time games for the team

I love the fantasy football induced nature of what makes a game good to watch.... points and offense. If a game doesn't have lots of scoring, it's considered boring.

The Bills have essentially been irrelevant since around 2004, and I'm saying that as a die-hard Bills fan. If the Bills draft some interesting players and look like a much-improved team, maybe they will get a 4:15 or Thursday night game. To draw a parallel, how much interest do you have in watching the Seattle Seahawks play?

a lot of interest. i am watching all bills and all seattle games. lynch was my main favorite player in buff while he was there.

currently my favorites are fitz, stevie, and moats.

And a view from Denmark. Havn't seen the Bills here since their last Monday Night game.

We do however see alot of the Cowboys, Colts, Pats, Giants, Jets. According to the commentators on national tv, the NFL picks the game for international broadcasting for the 1 PM game. Been a long time since the bills was picked though.

Really dont understand why the NFL cant show us all 32 teams in the first 8 weeks. And then switch to the leading teams down the stretch to the playoffs.

And i finally made my first post on the board. Been coming here for at least 6 seasons :)

Well welcome aboard, plyngby.

It's all about the money. That is all the NFL big wigs and owners care about. The actions thay take shows each and every week that it's not the fans that are important, but the almighty greenback. can you imagine the ratings on the Detroit - Bills game if it was primetime. I'd be watching WWE Raw or The Closer. It's sad, but true.

They obviously wouldn't just randomly put two last place teams together on primetime. They would at least make it a divisional matchup, or against a playoff team from the previous year.

But I do find it absolutely ridiculous that we get stuck in Sun-1pm for the entire season when there's enough "primetime" games for every team to be put up three times each. They couldn't throw us a single Sunday night game while (I think it is) the Jets get like three Monday night games? If they want to save Mondays for the big marquee matchups then fine, but at least let each team have one or two evening games on Sundays. I don't really care about Thursdays...

If you are running a TV station and need advertising $$ to sustain and maximize your business, you broadcast product that appeals to the broadest markets. The way to do that for NFL games is to have teams that are good, entertaining or have some sort of meaning so that fans in other team markets will watch. The Bills haven't qualified for prime time. Those that think every team should play one game a year in prime time are simply asking for charity. Grow up and get over it.

It's all about the money. That is all the NFL big wigs and owners care about. The actions thay take shows each and every week that it's not the fans that are important, but the almighty greenback. can you imagine the ratings on the Detroit - Bills game if it was primetime. I'd be watching WWE Raw or The Closer. It's sad, but true.

Its all about TV ratings. No one cares about the bills except people from WNY, and that is a very very very small audience. Why spend all the money to broadcast a Bills game when 10 times as many people will watch the Jets or the Cowboys (and the advertising that goes with them)? Answer, you wouldn't . This is simple economics. The NFL is a business, doing sound business. I love the original poster who wants to "gloat" to free agents about WNY via a national TV game. WNY unfortunately has very little to gloat about and is about as irrelevant to the national scene as any city/area in the league. If the NFL started all over again today, Buffalo would be one of the last places a new owner would pay $700m to put a team in. WNYers, just be glad you still have a franchise, no gloating.