Hind Sight Is 20 - 20

T master

It would really be nice to have a crystal ball but there are a bunch of things looking back at the beginning of this season that i am glad did and didn't happen .

First i'm glad dispight all of the negativity about selecting Gailey as our head coach that Buddy picked him as our coach . We needed some one like Gailey that had the type of experience to draw from to get out team through the down times to where they are now .

I'm really glad that Shanahan turned the job down because i don't know that with all that we see that is going on in Washington that he would have lasted that long here , especially dealing with RW i don't know that it would have worked .

I'm also glad that Buddy didn't go after Donovan Mcnabb , not that i have anything against him but if they would have we along with a bunch of others may have never seen what Fitz had in his magic bag . He's a great leader ( leads by example) & a Buffalo type of guy :thumbsup: !!

I'm glad that we didn't bring TO back he was a great one year wonder boost for the team but i think again we may not have found out what Roscoe P , Stevie J & the other rookie WR had to give with him still here .

All in all everything happens for a reason & i think all that has happened this year has been for the most part for the better , i know there are those of you out there that still think we should draft a QB with our first pick & keep the anointed Lee Evans for his great on field presence but for me i'm all behind what ever these football guys (Nix & Gailey) are choosing to do for the Bills !!!! :nana:

GO BILLS !!!!!!!

Your hindsight isn't 20-20. The Bills did go after McNabb. They offered a trade to Philadephia and McNabb vetoed the offer.

He could have offered more and went back with a second deal besides one sentence does not an article make but glad you zeroed in on that one !!!

Your hindsight isn't 20-20. The Bills did go after McNabb. They offered a trade to Philadephia and McNabb vetoed the offer.

Where was this reported? All I can find is that the Bills inquired about McNabb, which seemed like speculative reporting. And McNabb wouldn't have veto power on any trade, all he could do would be refuse to sign an extension with the new team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-mcnabbtraderumors032410

Yeah, refusing to sign with the trading team would effectively veto the deal. It was widely reported that buffalo inquired about mcnabb and that mcnabb had no interest in coming here. The OP said nix didn't pursue mcnabb, and the reporting suggests otherwise.

You can turn around and say "well, you don't know for sure" and "well you weren't in the room" and all that other BS. Fine, but it works both ways and in that case OP you cant really say you know for sure buffalo didn't pursue him.

Buddy nix was on video early in the season saying that he didn't like Donovan mcnabb as a QB. At the time I remember thinking it was bold because we didn't have an established QB. I think it was a Monday chat with the GM.

I saw that. he really made it clear that he never liked McNabb. Right then I was convinced we never went after McNabb, after believing we did from previous reports. GMs around the league will often lie right to the media's and fan's face at times, but Nix doesn't seem the type. It's tough to know for sure about any of these kinds of things without first hand knowledge or someone you can absolutely trust who knows something for sure. And that ain't often.

I thought that was an urban myth. Do you have a link to the story? Thanks.

No thanks. You can exercise your chubby digits and type "mcnabb to buffalo", hit return and read any number of reports, rumors, etc. on the topic. Are any of them reliable? Who knows. But they certainly suggest the Bills had at least a passing interest in mcnabb in the offseason.

No thanks. You can exercise your chubby digits and type "mcnabb to buffalo", hit return and read any number of reports, rumors, etc. on the topic. Are any of them reliable? Who knows. But they certainly suggest the Bills had at least a passing interest in mcnabb in the offseason.

Since you somehow didn't take your own suggestion, I decided to do it for you and typed exactly as you suggested, 'mcnabb to buffalo'.

The first article is about McNabb's impending release from Washington and how the Bills should pass. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20101219/SPORTS0101/12190370/1007/SPORTS/Buffalo-Bills-should-pass-on-fading-QB-Donovan-McNabb

The second article is about McNabb being *in* Buffalo...to watch his niece in a basketball game. http://www.wkbw.com/sports/85333467.html

The third article is from the bleacher report saying he read articles that speculated McNabb could be a Buffalo Bill. Pay attention to the word 'speculated' as we'll come back to it later. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/340592-donavan-mcnabb-a-buffalo-bill

The 4th is also from bleacher report expressing that the Bills and Raiders are the only teams interested with no accounting of where that comes from... http://bleacherreport.com/articles/369492-donovan-mcnabb-to-buffalo

The 5th article is from Buffalo Rumbling and is a forum thread http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/3/24/1387940/mcnabb-to-buffalo

It goes on with more articles about McNabb being in Buffalo and Shefter tweeting about it...for the previously mentioned basketball game.

So, the entire Bills pursued McNabb comes down to two lines. A tweet about McNabb being on a plane to Buffalo (Niece's basketball game) and Yahoo Sports reporting that the Bills 'inquired' about McNabb (unsourced btw).

I'd suggest the next time you suggest someone to go 'google' something that you actually do it yourself, lest you look foolish.

Lest i look foolish? So you did do the search and found a report on the very first page of results from BR saying Buffalo (and Oakland) were interested? Well that seems to support my view, not the OP's.

Like i said earlier, who knows if these rumors on BR and other places were true. But they did exist; you found one right away.

So no, i don't look foolish, you added credence to my opinion.

You express the prose of a 6 year old. After despight, I was laughing. At the end, I was shaking my head in disgust. Please tell me you're in 7th grade.

This is barely English. If you are criticizing my "prose" i must be doing something right.