Bills win out - THEY ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS

Campy

Bills WILL make the playoffsProvided the Bills win out:

If the Jets drop 3 games we can catch them. They play @Pitt, Seattle, NE, and @ St Louis. If Seattle or StL can pull off a win, and the Jets fall to Pitt and NE as I expect them to, we pass them by virtue of tiebreaker (common opponent record).

The Ravens have to lose two, they play @ Indy next week, and at Pitt the following week - they'll lose both games.

Denver has to lose two for Bflo to pass them as well. They play at a Priest-less KC next week, and at Tenesee the following week. The final week of the season, they have Indy, but it's at Denver.

Cinci can only afford to drop one and would be out of the hunt by virtue of their loss to Bflo, plus they're at NE today.

The Jags need to lose one, likely at Green Bay next week, they host Chicago today, and Houston after the GB game. Their final game is at Oakland, and Bills fans know how tricky those west coast trips can be.

Thanks to Eric Zimmerman of the Bills Backers of Virginia for producing the playoff matrix this info is based upon. :D

it will be more clear tonight.  Before we can write paragraphs about predictions for other games, we need to KICK SOME A$$ today against the brown streaks.

156512[/snapback]

Like I said, it's predicated on the Bills winning the rest of the way. It may not happen, but IF they do, playoffs are about as close to a lock as they can be given that we "don't control our destiny."

I agree with your sentiment though, it started a couple of weeks ago, but each and every game is huge. I imagine the Ralph will be jumping today. I expect the Bills to play lights-out today - and I'm definiteley psyched!!! GO BILLS!

Like I said, it's predicated on the Bills winning the rest of the way.  It may not happen, but IF they do, playoffs are about as close to a lock as they can be given that we "don't control our destiny."

I agree with your sentiment though, it started a couple of weeks ago, but each and every game is huge.  I imagine the Ralph will be jumping today.  I expect the Bills to play lights-out today - and I'm definiteley psyched!!!  GO BILLS!

156518[/snapback]

The Ralph would be jumping if they were able to sell the game out to actual fans. Unless McDonalds is sending all their employees to the game, there should be quite a few open seats.

Even so, for those that are going...try not to annoy the folks around you by standing up.

Do all of these scenerios have to happen for the Bills to make it to the playoffs?

156540[/snapback]

Assuming the Jets don't drop 3, the rest do have to happen. The biggest obstacle IMO might be Denver going to KC and not having Holmes in at RB. But the Ravens do have to lose 2, Denver 2, and Jags 1. Looking at their opponents, it's do-able for sure. IF the Bills win out the schedule, and those teams drop those games, we're in!

For sure the Jests will get creamed in steeler country.

156555[/snapback]

I think so too. They also play NE, and that could be loss #2 of the 3 we need/want. Their other 2 games are at St Louis, and in NJ against Seattle.

The Ralph would be jumping if they were able to sell the game out to actual fans.  Unless McDonalds is sending all their employees to the game, there should be quite a few open seats.

Even so, for those that are going...try not to annoy the folks around you by standing up.

156544[/snapback]

McDonalds donated the tickets to families of military members overseas.

Well, it looks like there is a good chancewe get our playoff game this year.  Unfortunatly its probably week 17 against pittsburgh.

156576[/snapback]

Between Scylla and Charybdus, but I'd take it. B)

McDonalds donated the tickets to families of military members overseas.

I thought I had heard that before. Accolades to McDonald's for supporting military families through this particular time of year.

The Ralph would be jumping if they were able to sell the game out to actual fans. Unless McDonalds is sending all their employees to the game, there should be quite a few open seats.

Sounds kind of smug there Bear. For all of the Buffalo fans who aren't going to make it out to the Ralph today, McDonald's just gave them an early Christmas present by dropping the black-out! Plus the tickets are going to some great Americans. Sounds like a win-win to me.

As to the play-off picture, the play-offs would be nice. After watching the Redsox in the ALCS, I am a believer in the underdog team. But more importantly we finally have a team that is playing hard, through adversity, not giving up and who actually believes! The NFL is taking note and if we make a good run at it and end up 10-6 or 9-7, the Bills will have garnered some well-deserved league wide respect.

I read an article a few weeks back indicating that since the 16-game schedule was instituted, only about 3 teams finishing at 10-6 DIDN'T make the playoffs.  Sorry I don't have a link.

So if the Bills won out & didn't make the playoffs, it would be a rarity.

156558[/snapback]

i think it has happened to the dolphins very recently going 10-6 and not making the playoffs.but hey i'd like to c the fish not make the playoffs at 11-5 hahahahaha