David Nelson

RyanC883

Ok, let's all put down the Kool-Aid and get real here. Who exactly are all these late-round or undrafted gems everyone is talking about? Besides our WRs, whose production is likely more of a reflection of Fitz and Chan, who are they? Maybe they are slipping my mind now. I'm serious. Who on defense, for example, that was late-round or undrafted, is ripping it up? The only one I can think about is Moats, but I would exactly call him very late round.

Did you see the Catches Nelson and Roosevelt made yesterday? Yes, Fitz made good throws, but they were also extremely difficult plays for the receivers to make.

As far as defensive players, as a whole the D hasn't been great, so it's not surprising that there aren't more gems there. But...

Kyle Williams was 5th round pick I believe. And how is 6th round (Arthur Moats) not late round? George Wilson who has played well was an UDFA.

And as for the offense:

Fred Jackson - undrafted

Demetrius Bell - playing better than most people expected, and looks to be at the very least an average starter at LT

Cordaro Howard - has received a lot of playing time as an undrafted rookie and has looked like starter material (provided he gets some experience under his belt)

David Nelson - has made great td catches the past two weeks, also has moved the chains and is a reliable big target

Steve Johnson - a 7th round pick now has 10 TDs (ties the franchise record for a QB / WR combo in a season with two games left)

The point is that we seem to have a lot of players who were drafted very low or not at all who are over-achieving. In addition to these low round picks, we also have a lot of unheralded players who were originally drafted by other teams who seem to be coming here and playing well (e.g. Urbik, David Martin, not to mention Fitzpatrick.)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the Catches Nelson and Roosevelt made yesterday? Yes, Fitz made good throws, but they were also extremely difficult plays for the receivers to make.

As far as defensive players, as a whole the D hasn't been great, so it's not surprising that there aren't more gems there. But...

Kyle Williams was 5th round pick I believe. And how is 6th round (Arthur Moats) not late round? George Wilson who has played well was an UDFA.

And as for the offense:

Fred Jackson - undrafted

Demetrius Bell - playing better than most people expected, and looks to be at the very least an average starter at LT

Cordaro Howard - has received a lot of playing time as an undrafted rookie and has looked like starter material (provided he gets some experience under his belt)

David Nelson - has made great td catches the past two weeks, also has moved the chains and is a reliable big target

Steve Johnson - a 7th round pick now has 10 TDs (ties the franchise record for a QB / WR combo in a season with two games left)

The point is that we seem to have a lot of players who were drafted very low or not at all who are over-achieving. In addition to these low round picks, we also have a lot of unheralded players who were originally drafted by other teams who seem to be coming here and playing well (e.g. Urbik, David Martin, not to mention Fitzpatrick.)

+1

I wonder how many 7th round picks we can get with our first rounder?!?