Eagles/ Giants

Simon

Let's hear it for Perry Fewell.

Ya know, i was thinking the same thing and nobody was talking about it afterward. Even during the presser Coughlin threw his punter under the bus.

Their D gave this game away. Don't get me wrong, great, great play by Philly, but when it comes to pointing fingers lets not put it all on one guy on one play.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have loved it, if that punk Jackson had tripped and fell down at the 1 yard line as he was running parallel with the goal line. I wouldn't be surprised if he was completely unaware of the clock situation and was doing exactly what you said...showboating.

You can make the argument that he was trying to be sure the clock was run out, but I don't think that's what he was doing.

Jackson's a big time showboater, no doubt. As much as I'm enjoying the Giants blowing that lead and losing in horrific, gut-wrenching fashion (Buffalo Bills style), it would have been more classic if Jackson had tripped and been touched down at the 1. Imagine the lashing he'd get if that happened and Philly lost in OT.

This is really simple guys. The punter was told to punt the ball out of bounds. He didn't. It's the punters fault, period.

EDIT: I don't mean the loss in the punters fault, there are many factors that contributed. I'm simply saying the punter didn't do the job he was asked to do.

I saw eleven guys wearing blue not do what they were told on that play. They looked like they'd never attempted to cover a punt before in their lives. Blaming the punter alone is assinine.

Let's hear it for Perry Fewell.

Vick turned into Superman in that fourth quarter. Sometimes you just have to give props to an astounding talent and effort.

As for the game's deciding moment, I heard that Coughlin decided to not put in his "hands" team on the Eagles kickoff with 7 minutes left in the game with them down by two touchdowns. Andy Reid said that he decided at the last second to go with an onsides kick when they saw the Giants send out their "return" team. This is probably the single biggest reason why the Giants ended up losing this game among a bunch of reasons.