bills +5.5 over fins the gimme of the season?

beatlebum

now, i'm not much of a gambler and am an unabashed homer, but this has got to be the easiest pick of the season. i fully expect the bills to win this game. if our o-line plays as well as they did last week, freddy and c.j. should be able to solidly anchor the offense and keep the fins d on the field. we showed we can stop the run when there's little passing threat to back it up, and henne doesn't exactly put the fear of god in you. if fitz doesn't throw a hideous pick in the second half, i see a comfortable 20-10 victory with fitz continuing the streak with a 30+ yard bomb for a TD.

am i overly optimistic, or is this game at +5.5 for the bills the gimme of the year? heck, we lost to them 15-10 with trent edwards starting.

now, i'm not much of a gambler and am an unabashed homer, but this has got to be the easiest pick of the season. i fully expect the bills to win this game. if our o-line plays as well as they did last week, freddy and c.j. should be able to solidly anchor the offense and keep the fins d on the field. we showed we can stop the run when there's little passing threat to back it up, and henne doesn't exactly put the fear of god in you. if fitz doesn't throw a hideous pick in the second half, i see a comfortable 20-10 victory with fitz continuing the streak with a 30+ yard bomb for a TD.

am i overly optimistic, or is this game at +5.5 for the bills the gimme of the year? heck, we lost to them 15-10 with trent edwards starting.

Yes.

By no means is this a gimme. Don't get fooled into thinking that because they beat a woeful offense last week that they can suddenly beat a much better defensive team. This isn't to say that I don't think they can win - I think they can and will probably take the 5.5 points.

But it's not a slam dunk.

Bills are on the road, have nothing to play for, are without their best WR over the last 5 years and Miami has a very good D. After beating the Jets, Miami has a new lease on the playoffs. I know Miami's O stinks, but they should have enough overall to convincingly beat the Bills.

Miami will run all over this defense.

Yes.

By no means is this a gimme. Don't get fooled into thinking that because they beat a woeful offense last week that they can suddenly beat a much better defensive team. This isn't to say that I don't think they can win - I think they can and will probably take the 5.5 points.

But it's not a slam dunk.

Buffalo Wings, who is that in your avatar??

The title of your post is "bills +5.5 over fins…"

When you write this, what you're saying is….just kidding.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/124495-bills-6-against-the-fish/

"Bills +6 against the Fish"

And as LABillzFan predicted three days ago, the line is shrinking.

ooops!!! i didn't realize this was already a post topic. not surprised the line is shrinking. sorry for redundant thread!

Whenever you think it is a gimme you are usually wrong. Vegas didn't build itself by losing money.

As has been said many times before, Vegas could not care less who wins or by how many points. They only care that the line they provide entices an equal amount of money to be be bet on both teams.

Yes but if they can get the majority of the public to pu money on a loser then its win win.

And that's the point. If I were a betting man, I'd likely put money on the Bills with that spread. Enough people will think that the Bills (the way they've been playing) can keep this game within a TD or even win.

That's a given, I more interested in what their passing game is going to look like.

I wonder if Edwards can set up with 7-8 men in the box and force Miami to beat them with Henne throwing the ball. If the Bills run defense was just an iota better than it is now, then something like that should work.

I would like to consider myself a betting man, and I generally am 5 or 6 out of 7 on every NFL Sunday (of course picking the games I like the best). I must state that ever saying the Bills at 3-10 are a gimme would be as ridiculous as taking Matt Flynn to outplay Tom Brady this Sunday night. Its just not going to happen. The Fins have a pretty tough defense, not to mention a top 2 or 3 offensive line in football. Couple that with our pass rush, and I really see no way for us to win this game. Henne is a complete NOTHING in this league, however that line can make any QB look like a star. I'll be praying for a win this Sunday, but in my opinion we are EXTREMELY LUCKY if the Dolphins don't cover this spread. Although, we did not look great vs Cleveland, we pulled out a tough game in real cold weather. The weather will not be an issue this week in Miami. I look for the Bills to get one lucky sack this week, and Cameron Wake alone to have 3 of them. Dont forget we were getting blown out by a rough Vikings team two weeks ago with their backup QB in the whole game. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME unless you take the over/under! If you have to bet, I say take the Falcons as the easiest game of the week, or the Pats depending on what their spread comes out at. I don't think its being released yet due to the status of Aaron Rogers