new draftek moch

Love this Mock, has every thing we need for four rounds especially NO mid round QB bums. I would trade back and get Castonzo and use the extra pick to get a good end, but overall right on the money.

1.Marcell Dareus DE

2.Justin Houston OLB

3.Matt Reynolds ROT

4.Konrad Reuland TE

4.Josh Bynes WILB

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

Love this Mock, has every thing we need for four rounds especially NO mid round QB bums. I would trade back and get Castonzo and use the extra pick to get a good end, but overall right on the money.

1.Marcell Dareus DE

2.Justin Houston OLB

3.Matt Reynolds ROT

4.Konrad Reuland TE

4.Josh Bynes WILB

would certainly love to have the top two

I don't like waiting till the 4th for a TE...not saying you can't find a good TE there, but for some reason Buffalo always either totally ignores the position or waits to long to get one.

So, when you do you go TE? This team has many more glaring needs on the defensive side to worry about grabbing a TE in the top rounds. Get a decent TE in FA and call it a day. What you see (or don't see) right now is more a product of the spread system Chan has been using than our TE's being lousy... not saying they aren't lousy, but they're not getting on the field much in Chan's current system. I think Stupar's performance last week catching the ball demonstrates that even a mediocre TE can add value if they are 1) in the game, and 2) targeted.

Edited by shoveldog

1.Marcell Dareus DE

2.Justin Houston OLB

3.Matt Reynolds ROT

4.Konrad Reuland TE

4.Josh Bynes WILB

Looks good to me, there's one problem though, this mock makes too much sense for the Bills to follow.

I do like the description for Dareus:

Don't worry--Dareus is no Maybin. Dareus is impossible to mirror. He needs more muscle but Dareus can make more of an immediate difference for the Bills than the other suggested choices.
:thumbsup:

So, when you do you go TE? This team has many more glaring needs on the defensive side to worry about grabbing a TE in the top rounds. Get a decent TE in FA and call it a day. What you see (or don't see) right now is more a product of the spread system Chan has been using than our TE's being lousy... not saying they aren't lousy, but they're not getting on the field much in Chan's current system. I think Stupar's performance last week catching the ball demonstrates that even a mediocre TE can add value if they are 1) in the game, and 2) targeted.

Couldn't agree more.

The Bills just signed two gigantic TEs for blocking off of practice squads, and can have David Nelson run TE routes (I'm not saying he is a TE, I am saying he is clearly lining up at a TE position on some pass plays and running a classic TE seem routes (CLE TD pass) and classic TE up and read in\out. Since David Nelson moved out Wide when Lee went down, Stupar was in for the pass catching TE routes.)

I would much rather have Sam Acho at 101 in the 4th. That would be a steal! Going #116 is almost the lowest possibility that Sam Acho goes, going #69 is much more likely.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I was only referring to the way Buffalo either ignores or just doesn't care for the TE position during drafts...at least that's the way it has seemed since the 90's...I liked Jay, but Buffalo really hasn't had a good TE since him...they drafted Nelson, but he really hasn't shown to be a top threat...not 100% his fault I know...I was really hoping to draft one of the 2 TE's Pats* got last year, but again TE was overlooked...guess I've just been very disappointed with the Bills TE's since the 90's is all and would like to see a top college TE be drafted some year...and yes I understand they've had bigger needs, but a few of the drafts they've had TE was a big need and it wasn't addressed very well...jmo

I actually like the way Buffalo has used D. Nelson in a TE capacity...I didn't see last weeks game so I have no idea how well Stupar did.

I was only referring to the way Buffalo either ignores or just doesn't care for the TE position during drafts...at least that's the way it has seemed since the 90's...I liked Jay, but Buffalo really hasn't had a good TE since him...they drafted Nelson, but he really hasn't shown to be a top threat...not 100% his fault I know...I was really hoping to draft one of the 2 TE's Pats* got last year, but again TE was overlooked...guess I've just been very disappointed with the Bills TE's since the 90's is all and would like to see a top college TE be drafted some year...and yes I understand they've had bigger needs, but a few of the drafts they've had TE was a big need and it wasn't addressed very well...jmo

I actually like the way Buffalo has used D. Nelson in a TE capacity...I didn't see last weeks game so I have no idea how well Stupar did.

The Bills have actually drafted a decent amount of TEs.

Year Rnd Pick Pos

2009 4 121 Shawn Nelson TE

2008 4 132 Derek Fine TE

2007 7 222 Derek Schouman TE

2005 3 86 Kevin Everett TE

2004 4 109 Tim Euhus TE

They just haven't worked out.

TE is a position than usually takes years to blossom, There are very few rookie TEs that come in day 1 and perform.

They have to pass block, run block, chip block, understand that hot read, run effect routes, catch the ball, practice ball security, run with the ball after the catch, and usually block on special teams, and tackle on special teams.

Its hard to find a guy that is good at 3 of those skills at an NFL level in the draft let alone of those skills.

There are a few Free Agent TEs that are probably a better investment than wasting another pick on a TE.

I would prefer not to see

2010 4 101 Konrad Reuland TE

added to that sorry list.

Edited by Why So Serious?

1.Marcell Dareus DE

2.Justin Houston OLB

3.Matt Reynolds ROT

4.Konrad Reuland TE

4.Josh Bynes WILB

The first 3 are juniors - are any them even declaring for this April? (Nix has always stated a preference for more experienced, 4-year guys, anyway.)

Dareus also had some NCAA investigation/suspension issues over accepted $$$ and attending an agent's party in Miami - which would raise some character issues to me. (A college sophomore taking gifts from/getting chummy with sports agents, and already thinking ahead to his big NFL payday?)

Don't have a clue why anyone would want a Konrad Reuland (projected to be undrafted) in round 5 over a Lance Kendricks in round 3, or any of dozen or so higher rated tight ends available in rounds 5-7 :unsure:

Overall, The Senator would not be pleased with this draft. JMO.

1.Marcell Dareus DE

2.Justin Houston OLB

3.Matt Reynolds ROT

4.Konrad Reuland TE

4.Josh Bynes WILB

that is the bst one I have seen to date although I really am hoping fairly falls to the bills at 4 or 5 .

I don't like waiting till the 4th for a TE...not saying you can't find a good TE there, but for some reason Buffalo always either totally ignores the position or waits to long to get one.

I would grab Wisconsin TE Lance Kendricks in round 3, if he's still there...

2010 AFCA COACHES’ ALL-AMERICA TEAM: TE Lance Kendricks, Sr., Wisconsin, leads Wisconsin with 39 catches for 627 yards and five touchdowns. In addition, Kendricks has proven invaluable as a blocker for the Badgers’ high-powered rushing attack, which currently boasts three players with over 800 rushing yards and at least 13 rushing touchdowns. Kendricks ranks third among all FBS tight ends in receiving yards, is tied for sixth in touchdowns and is tied for seventh in receptions.

Draft Scout Profile - Lance Kendricks

The Senator's wish list goes something like...

1) Gabe Carimi, LT, Wisconsin

2) Dontay Moch, DE/OLB, Nevada

3) Lance Kandricks, TE, Wisconsin

4a) Owen Marecic, ILB/FB/ST, Stanford

4b) Sione Fua, DT, Stanford

5) Alex Henery, PK, Nebraska

6) Scott Tolzien, QB, Wisconsin

7) Greg Romeus, DE, Pitt

And, of course, the Bills will draft none of these guys because Nix has a completely different (and better) list.

If we were serious about getting a TE, then we probably wouldve or shouldve taken one last year. That class has been unreal. With Pitta, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and even Jimmy Graham has shown flashes of life.