Quote about the Bills

Georgia Bill

I thought I'd share this - it's from a somewhat tongue in cheek Sports Q & A column called "The Low Post" in December Mens Journal:

"Q:Do you think Los Angeles will ever get an NFL team, and if so, which team?

A:It seems like a neck and neck race between the Jaguars and the Bills, and please, God, let it be the Jaguars. Number one, they'll fit in much better with those precious teal-and-gold unis (they look like they belong in an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess). Number two, Buffalo Bills fans are the best and drunkest fans in all of sports; they sell out their stadium in -20 degree weather and are still puking on each other on frozen aluminum bleachers deep into the fourth quarters of gruesome 30 point Bills losses. If the governement is going to bail out irresponsible Evremondes like AIG, as far as I'm concerned they're morally obligated to keep pro football in Buffalo, at least until they win a title."

I thought I'd share this - it's from a somewhat tongue in cheek Sports Q & A column called "The Low Post" in December Mens Journal:

A:It seems like a neck and neck race between the Jaguars and the Bills, and please, God, let it be the Jaguars. Number one, they'll fit in much better with those precious teal-and-gold unis (they look like they belong in an episode of Xena: Warrior Princess). Number two, Buffalo Bills fans are the best and drunkest fans in all of sports; they sell out their stadium in -20 degree weather and are still puking on each other on frozen aluminum bleachers deep into the fourth quarters of gruesome 30 point Bills losses. If the governement is going to bail out irresponsible Evremondes like AIG, as far as I'm concerned they're morally obligated to keep pro football in Buffalo, at least until they win a title."

BTW, would you mind providing a link? I couldn't find it even though I typed in "The Low Post" in the December Men's Journal. It came up with a great interview with Thomas McGuane…but I couldn't find the Q & A you had excerpted.

Thanks!

Not a bad attempt at humor. I'd say the race to go to LA is as follows though: Chargers, Vikings, St. Louis, Jags. The Bills are an afterthought at this point. If you recall, the group in LA was saying that they would be announcing before the Super Bowl last year that a team would be moving to LA and cited the Jags and Bills as favorites, with vague ideas as to why the Bills should be moving there.

BTW, would you mind providing a link? I couldn't find it even though I typed in "The Low Post" in the December Men's Journal. It came up with a great interview with Thomas McGuane…but I couldn't find the Q & A you had excerpted.

Thanks!

I can't find it on their website either (but I don't have a subscription). It's in the print version, on page 95, in an article titled "Your burning questions, answered" by Matt Taibbi.

Luv Itttttt! :lol: