Which would you take? Losing out or winning the last 3 games?

OCinBuffalo

Which Would You Take  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Winning Out or "Sweeping" the Division in the last 3 games?

• Losing Out
    • "Sweeping" the Division in the last 3 games
  2. 2. Losing out or beating Miami, even if it had significant draft consequences?

• Losing out
    • Beat Miami
    • Beat One Other Team

Complicated questions with intentionally simple answers. No wiggle room, just make the decision. :devil:

I threw in the last question to start trouble. :D I put it in to see if people really take the Cheats seriously in a historical context. Because, after all, moral victories only really count when taken in the historical context.

Of course, if you are in high school, your only historical context is the Cheats. This is where the myth that Tom Brady is anywhere near as good as Joe Montana comes from = high school/college kids feeling insecure about the FACT that the NFL talent of today is watered down at best, and trying to play it off.

Cry all you want, but when you get done talking, the fact that, pound for pound, the Bills and Dolphins teams of the 90s would destroy the Jets and Patriots teams of today, will still remain.

This is the reason why we want to beat Miami, and couldn't care less about the Pats. Why should I care about a team who wins SBs with their kicker, while only getting to the SB based on other teams teams beating themselves? We've never cared about the Jets, because there's never been a good reason to, and Namath is an embarrassment.

I don't understand how a losing out mentality simply to get better draft picks promotes a winning culture. Each game that these guys get a win, is crucial to slowly overthrowing the long time norm of chronic losing. Winning most of the remaining games would be an excellent way to end the season and give us something substantial to build upon. Also, being competetive and winning games is much more attractive to possible free agents.

Complicated questions with intentionally simple answers. No wiggle room, just make the decision. :devil:

I threw in the last question to start trouble. :D I put it in to see if people really take the Cheats seriously in a historical context. Because, after all, moral victories only really count when taken in the historical context.

Of course, if you are in high school, your only historical context is the Cheats. This is where the myth that Tom Brady is anywhere near as good as Joe Montana comes from = high school/college kids feeling insecure about the FACT that the NFL talent of today is watered down at best, and trying to play it off.

Cry all you want, but when you get done talking, the fact that, pound for pound, the Bills and Dolphins teams of the 90s would destroy the Jets and Patriots teams of today, will still remain.

This is the reason why we want to beat Miami, and couldn't care less about the Pats. Why should I care about a team who wins SBs with their kicker, while only getting to the SB based on other teams teams beating themselves? We've never cared about the Jets, because there's never been a good reason to, and Namath is an embarrassment.

That is so easy, no fan ever, under any circumstance hopes his/her team loses. Really a stupid question, anyone who wishes a team to lose, is sadly mistaken if they think they are a fan.

It's not complicated. You play to win the game.

That's what the players do. To turn an often quoted phrase by Trent Edwards around: I'm not a Bills' player, I'm a Bills' fan. As such, I do not delude myself into thinking I have to approach every game with a player's mindset. Just as Trent Edwards tried to tell the fans that he did not have to take their mindset into a game, the same is true for us who are able, because we are fans & not players, to look at a bigger picture.

The players have to try to get to 4-12. As a fan, to me, there is no difference between 4-12 and 2-14. It means the team is far away from being a contender until we get better players than the ones who are currently playing to win the game and continuously failing week after week in achieving that goal.

The players play to win the game one week at a time. The fans who were here before these players arrived (and in cases like mine, before they were born) want to see championships and are not satisfied with a game that gets the team closer to a 4 win season.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

That is so easy, no fan ever, under any circumstance hopes his/her team loses. Really a stupid question, anyone who wishes a team to lose, is sadly mistaken if they think they are a fan.

Any fan, who is delusional enough not to see that he is not a player, and therefore can use his own judgement as to when to root for what's best for the team, has no right to tell other fans they're not fans because they'd rather win 12 games 3 seasons from now instead of 12 games over the next 3 seasons.

Ask the real Indianapolis fans if they would have been happier WATCHING (since they weren't playing in those games) the Colts win a few more games in 1998, or having Peyton Manning these past 13 seasons.

As far as this week against the Browns, I could not care less. If they win, weee, it's the Browns with backup QB. If they lose, eh, whatever...I hate games like this especially when the Bills are so far out of the race.

Pats and Jets are a million times more fun to watch so you can gauge your team. Miami is another Cleveland in my book....

That's what the players do. To turn an often quoted phrase by Trent Edwards around: I'm not a Bills' player, I'm a Bills' fan. As such, I do not delude myself into thinking I have to approach every game with a player's mindset. Just as Trent Edwards tried to tell the fans that he did not have to take their mindset into a game, the same is true for us who are able, because we are fans & not players, to look at a bigger picture.

The players have to try to get to 4-12. As a fan, to me, there is no difference between 4-12 and 2-14. It means the team is far away from being a contender until we get better players than the ones who are currently playing to win the game and continuously failing week after week in achieving that goal.

The players play to win the game one week at a time. The fans who were here before these players arrived (and in cases like mine, before they were born) want to see championships and are not satisfied with a game that gets the team closer to a 4 win season.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be.

Any fan, who is delusional enough not to see that he is not a player, and therefore can use his own judgement as to when to root for what's best for the team, has no right to tell other fans they're not fans because they'd rather win 12 games 3 seasons from now instead of 12 games over the next 3 seasons.

Ask the real Indianapolis fans if they would have been happier WATCHING (since they weren't playing in those games) the Colts win a few more games in 1998, or having Peyton Manning these past 13 seasons.

This.

I don't agree that the Bills and Dolphins of the 90's would destroy the Jets and Pats of today. It's always hard if not impossible comparing teams of different eras. I just take satisfaction in the fact that for 4 straight amazing seasons from 1990-1993, the Bills were always one of the two best teams in the NFL. And it's hard to imagine any team today being able to win 4 consecutive conference championships today. It may happen, but there's a better chance that it will never happen again. Too bad the Bills couldn't have hoisted that Lombardi just one of those four straight SB games!

As for your two poll questions, I always root for the Bills to win every game I attend, watch or even listen to on the radio. And I've been around long enough to remember watching the Bills going 0 for the 1970's against the hated Dolphins, so of course I always want the Bills to destroy Miami.

You win, you always try to win. Along the way you evaluate which players have a winning attitude and which ones quit on you. You dump the quitters and keep building from there. If you can build a team who are all on the same page then you can have a team greater than the sum of their parts. Beginning to draft well is key too. There are countless players who have become superstars who were not drafted in the top 10. We need to become better at drafting period.

I just want to beat New England. I don't care if they win or lose the other games, I really just want to beat New England.

Me too– the game I want more than any other. I can't believe it's been 7 year since we've beaten them. It's pathetic.

I want them to try as hard as possible. Give the 'ol proverbial 110%. Then at the end of the day come up short. I don't play to "win the game." Because I'm not on the team and I doubt anyone else on this board is either.

This team has won two meaningless games. I don't believe that having won them has helped in any way to instill a winning culture. All it has done is put the team in jeopardy of missing out on drafting probably the highest ranked franchise quarterback coming out of college in over a decade.

I have been a fan of the Bills long before this current crop of players arrived and I will be a fan long after they're gone. I want to see my team be relevant in the league again. I want the Bills to be great again. I'm tired of hearing that a back-up quarterback is good enough. That a bunch of guys who "try hard" is something to root for. Have we as fans been so beaten down by the last 11 years that greatness isn't even considered anymore? That the best that can be hoped for is to reach the level of mediocre?

Not me brother, I'm tired of my team being the NFL's version of the Island of Misfit Toys.