Peyton Hillis in the snow against our run defense?

beatlebum

Early weather reports predict snow this Sunday. Peyton HIllis seems an ideal cold-weather back: he runs hard and he runs vertically. If Adrian Peterson can knock down our linebackers, just think what this guy will do (though I do look forward to seeing Hillis and Poz square off). I fear the Browns' smash-mouth run attack will methodically wear down our D throughout the game and snow will just exacerbate this. The condition of our O-line doesn't give me a lot of hope that we'll be able to make a lot of first downs-- meaning Browns win the time-of-possession and field position games, both of which mean more up the gut running, more time for our D on the field. This is an old, familiar story, I know.

I'm a total noob and i don't want my first post to be all doom and gloom so I'll add this: only game I've seen Face-First Fitz play in the snow (that i can remember. when it gets cold i drink more... and forget things) was last year against the Colts. The line? 16/25, 155 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs in a 30-7 victory. Course, it helped that Freddy ran for 212 yds on 33 carries and the Colts had already secured a first round bye.

Early weather reports predict snow this Sunday. Peyton HIllis seems an ideal cold-weather back: he runs hard and he runs vertically. If Adrian Peterson can knock down our linebackers, just think what this guy will do (though I do look forward to seeing Hillis and Poz square off). I fear the Browns' smash-mouth run attack will methodically wear down our D throughout the game and snow will just exacerbate this. The condition of our O-line doesn't give me a lot of hope that we'll be able to make a lot of first downs-- meaning Browns win the time-of-possession and field position games, both of which mean more up the gut running, more time for our D on the field. This is an old, familiar story, I know.

I'm a total noob and i don't want my first post to be all doom and gloom so I'll add this: only game I've seen Face-First Fitz play in the snow (that i can remember. when it gets cold i drink more... and forget things) was last year against the Colts. The line? 16/25, 155 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs in a 30-7 victory. Course, it helped that Freddy ran for 212 yds on 33 carries and the Colts had already secured a first round bye.

I have Peyton Hillis in my fantasy league, currently in second place and need a win to secure second place in the playoffs. Sooo, as much as I love the Bills and hope they win, I still want Hillis to have a huge game. :devil:

It could get ugly with Hillis against our Defense. I think though we can at least be happy that this game won't be another bore-fest like last year.

Updated weather:

WGRZ forecast: Early high of 38. Temps dropping throughout the day. Rain, Sleet and then snow.

WKBW forecast: High 36 with snow.

WIVB forecast: High 35 snow/mixed precipitation.

Edited by kasper13

The problem besides Hillis is that from left to right, the Browns O-line is Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Alex Mack, Pork Chop Womack, and John St. Clair. The tight end is Benjamin Watson and the fullback is Lawrence Vickers. That's a pretty formidable vanguard.

Even when they've been a one-dimensional offense (which they've been all season), the Browns still have success running the ball. As with Minnesota last week, this is a tough match for our soft run defense. Addressing this today, Coach Gailey said "you can't solve all of your problems during the season." It was his way of saying that we still don't have all the pieces we need yet and we won't until we add more talent during the offseason.

Hopefully we can make the Browns one-dimensional, Del Homie will have one of his bad games, the home-field advantage will be solid, and we can pull one out.

But it looks to me like the Bills are gonna be a bit outmuscled in the trenches again this week. Gailey and Fitz have been able to transcend that disadvantage at times during the season. They'll have to do so again this week if the Bills are to win.

The problem besides Hillis is that from left to right, the Browns O-line is Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Alex Mack, Pork Chop Womack, and John St. Clair. The tight end is Benjamin Watson and the fullback is Lawrence Vickers. That's a pretty formidable vanguard.

Even when they've been a one-dimensional offense (which they've been all season), the Browns still have success running the ball. As with Minnesota last week, this is a tough match for our soft run defense. Addressing this today, Coach Gailey said "you can't solve all of your problems during the season." It was his way of saying that we still don't have all the pieces we need yet and we won't until we add more talent during the offseason.

Hopefully we can make the Browns one-dimensional, Del Homie will have one of his bad games, the home-field advantage will be solid, and we can pull one out.

But it looks to me like the Bills are gonna be a bit outmuscled in the trenches again this week. Gailey and Fitz have been able to transcend that disadvantage at times during the season. They'll have to do so again this week if the Bills are to win.

That's a talented O-line and running back the Brownies have. If they had a Fitz on their team and Chan as well, they could be potent. Thank goodness they don't. It's still going to be a struggle for our D to stop that running game. They are not explosive in the passing game tho. We have a chance.

Updated weather:

WGRZ forecast: Early high of 38. Temps dropping throughout the day. Rain, Sleet and then snow.

WKBW forecast: High 36 with snow.

WIVB forecast: High 35 snow/mixed precipitation.

Update forecast: Hillis high of 4 touchdowns with persistent runs of 6/7 yds throughout the game, total accumulation of 256 yds running and receiving.

I have Peyton Hillis in my fantasy league, currently in second place and need a win to secure second place in the playoffs. Sooo, as much as I love the Bills and hope they win, I still want Hillis to have a huge ame./quote]

Dude, I don't know what the rest of your FFB team consists of, but Peyton Hillis is a stone cold lock to put up 30 points.

That's a talented O-line and running back the Brownies have. If they had a Fitz on their team and Chan as well, they could be potent. Thank goodness they don't. It's still going to be a struggle for our D to stop that running game. They are not explosive in the passing game tho. We have a chance.

Thank goodness our opponent doesn't have Gailey and Fitz.

Thanks for that good chuckle during this otherwise ****ty week :)

I don't see Hillis going crazy this game. The Bills seem to have trouble with the smaller speed backs, but I think they will hold Hillis in check. His statline will be about 20 rushes for 82 yards and maybe a TD. Now that's stricly rushing, I know he can catch the ball and that scares more than the ground game...

Edited by ricojes

I can't decide if you're more excited to see Hillis truck Posluszny or fake him out of his jock. :devil:

Dude, I don't know what the rest of your FFB team consists of, but Peyton Hillis is a stone cold lock to put up 30 points.

I've assembled a pretty solid team through free agency and trades. My lineup for Sunday is looking like:

-Brady

-Hillis, Jones-Drew

-White, D. Jackson, Wallace

-Tamme

-Akers

-Chicago/Atlanta...probably starting Atlanta due to Chicago playing my QB.

I'm looking for a solid start from Tamme tonight and hopefully a big performance by Hillis.

I like you already! Keep posting! LOL