Obama's Best Moment

I'm not sure. The maximum benefit in New York is probably close to $400/week.

The average benefit is probably close to $300.

But the moral hazard seems to me a temporary risk. With unemployment so high I think i would suspend any assumptions about moral turpitude. The macro rate isn't coming down soon.

A fall in consumption could drive it higher.

I'm just going to speak facts.

Fact:

Job openings right now, are the highest they have been in over two years.

Fact:

unemployment rate is rising

Fact:

people out of work for over 6 months is at a record high

what does this lead to?

Job skill deterioration

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when everything HOPEFULLY turns around in the next two years. Barack Obama should receive praise!!!

Why? It would have turned around regardless if Obama, McCain, Hillary, or Palin was in office. The American economy doesn't hinge on whichever empty suit from either of the two(single) parties is chosen to be the smiling face on your TV for 4 years

And to play devils advocate, you said HOPEFULLY. What if it doesn't? What would Obama deserve then?

On a totally unrelated note, watching the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark right now. And they're at the end scene where everybody's face melts :beer:

Edited by /dev/null

Why? It would have turned around regardless if Obama, McCain, Hillary, or Palin was in office. The American economy doesn't hinge on whichever empty suit from either of the two(single) parties is chosen to be the smiling face on your TV for 4 years

And to play devils advocate, you said HOPEFULLY. What if it doesn't? What would Obama deserve then?

On a totally unrelated note, watching the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark right now. And they're at the end scene where everybody's face melts :beer:

Why... hello Commander in Chief? If success is happening under his administration then he should receive praise. I seriously doubt it would happened under Palin. McCain, Hillary, etc... sure.

To answer your question... if it doesn't turn around. I am not against having a challenger in the democratic primary. Hoping it would be Hillary vs. Palin. That would be outstanding.

Side note: Indiana Jones.... AWESOME!!

To answer your question... if it doesn't turn around. I am not against having a challenger in the democratic primary. Hoping it would be Hillary vs. Palin. That would be outstanding.

Interesting that your response has nothing to do with Obama or the economy, but how Democrats might maintain control of the Executive Branch

Interesting that your response has nothing to do with Obama or the economy, but how Democrats might maintain control of the Executive Branch

Oh I am sorry... in response to the question "And to play devils advocate, you said HOPEFULLY. What if it doesn't? What would Obama deserve then?"

If the ECONOMY doesn't turn around. I am not against having a challenger in the democratic primary AGAINST OBAMA. Hoping it would be Hillary since she would have a better chance than OBAMA beating Sarah Palin. In other words, Obama would deserve to have a challenger, something that normally NEVER happens.

How was that? In simpler terms... if the economy doesn't turn around that means it still sucks and Obama could/should take blame since no recovery happened under his Presidency. Got it now?

The economy is doing much worse than it should be at this stage of the game. We are entering year three of Obama's "recovery" and the unemployment rate is still rising :wacko:

Anyhoo, Obama is going to move to the middle, despite his wishes, simply because his business agenda has failed and now he has no other choic but to pivot to the middle and this is going to piss off his base.

So far, if one were to grade him regarding the economy.... he'd be lucky to get a D

President Barack Obama continues his charm offensive with business Wednesday in a Blair House summit meeting he's called with corporate chieftains — but the president is running a week behind John Boehner.

While Obama and his top aides were struggling to reach a tax deal this week with congressional leaders, the incoming House speaker pulled off a summit of his own, quietly slipping into a meeting Wednesday of 80 CEOs that make up the powerful Business Roundtable.

The meeting, not previously disclosed by Boehner's office, is the highest-level contact the GOP leader has had so far with corporate America. Boehner and his aides were given a sneak preview of the Roundtable's "Roadmap for Growth," released the next day, which calls for deficit reduction, trade liberalization, and action on education, energy and business regulation.

It was that roadmap, announced Thursday, that moved the White House to finally act on the long-promised summit with business, but Republicans say they have been talking informally with business for months about the 2011 agenda. "These were conversations that started last summer," said an aide to an important member in the House Republican leadership.

Boehner was warmly received by the CEOs, many of whom became disaffected with Obama's anti-business rhetoric as he hammered banks and pressed for health care reform. Some rooted very publicly for the Republican wave that eventually came to pass on Election Day.

The GOP leader liked what he heard, and the CEOs liked what they saw. "There was a meeting of minds," said one person familiar with the details and tenor of the meeting. "I think most people felt like they were on the same team."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46275.html#ixzz17qlyJY6V

Edited by Magox

The economy is doing much worse than it should be at this stage of the game. We are entering year three of Obama's "recovery" and the unemployment rate is still rising :wacko:

Anyhoo, Obama is going to move to the middle, despite his wishes, simply because his business agenda has failed and now he has no other choic but to pivot to the middle and this is going to piss off his base.

So far, if one were to grade him regarding the economy.... he'd be lucky to get a D

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46275.html#ixzz17qlyJY6V

yeah, MANY MANY years created this economy and this problem... it will get wiped away in two-three years. Ok.

It must be awfully dark with those blinders on... That's ok, you can sink along with the titanic.

yes the economy sank when Obama was elected and will rise again when he is out of office. HAHAHAHA!! You truly believe it didn't take years to cause all of this?

yes the economy sank when Obama was elected and will rise again when he is out of office. HAHAHAHA!! You truly believe it didn't take years to cause all of this?

You always seem to miss the point. No one who thinks rationally believed that the economy would be strong by now, but the unemployment rate should of already have been consistently dropping by now. His policies have failed, which is why he is pivoting, you don't see that?

You always seem to miss the point. No one who thinks rationally believed that the economy would be strong by now, but the unemployment rate should of already have been consistently dropping by now. His policies have failed, which is why he is pivoting, you don't see that?

No I did miss the point. Anyone who thinks rationally would think the economy would be strong by now? Are you serious? Even though he has given a stimulus to certain companies / wall street does that mean that those companies will instantly start hiring? No. As you have said yourself, it all depends on how they feel about the economy and the future. Something he can't control. There is nothing out there that will state the worst recession since the Great Depression would turn around in two years. Give me a break!!

No I did miss the point. Anyone who thinks rationally would think the economy would be strong by now? Are you serious? Even though he has given a stimulus to certain companies / wall street does that mean that those companies will instantly start hiring? No. As you have said yourself, it all depends on how they feel about the economy and the future. Something he can't control. There is nothing out there that will state the worst recession since the Great Depression would turn around in two years. Give me a break!!

That's not what I said... Go back and read it again.

The unemployment rate should of been consistently dropping by now. Hence his pivot to the middle.

That's not what I said... Go back and read it again.

The unemployment rate should of been consistently dropping by now. Hence his pivot to the middle.

His pivot to the middle was to gain more support from the Dems and unfortunately GOP. He got no where my leaning way to the left. Political B word move.

Oh I am sorry... in response to the question "And to play devils advocate, you said HOPEFULLY. What if it doesn't? What would Obama deserve then?"

If the ECONOMY doesn't turn around. I am not against having a challenger in the democratic primary AGAINST OBAMA. Hoping it would be Hillary since she would have a better chance than OBAMA beating Sarah Palin. In other words, Obama would deserve to have a challenger, something that normally NEVER happens.

How was that? In simpler terms... if the economy doesn't turn around that means it still sucks and Obama could/should take blame since no recovery happened under his Presidency. Got it now?

So what you're saying, and correct me if I interpret your response incorrectly:

If Obama's Presidency is deemed a failure, the only recourse is to elect another Democrat as President?

And when everything HOPEFULLY turns around in the next two years. Barack Obama should receive praise!!!

yeah, MANY MANY years created this economy and this problem... it will get wiped away in two-three years. Ok.

Uhhhhh...what?

:rolleyes:

So what you're saying, and correct me if I interpret your response incorrectly:

If Obama's Presidency is deemed a failure, the only recourse is to elect another Democrat as President?

Oh, so you would vote for Palin? HAHAHAHA!!! :sick:

Uhhhhh...what?

:rolleyes:

So Tom was this bad economy created since Obama took office like some people will believe?

Oh, so you would vote for Palin? HAHAHAHA!!! :sick:

So Tom was this bad economy created since Obama took office like some people will believe?

Seriously, the more the liberals' heads spin over Palin, the more respect and admiration I gain for her. If in these next two years Obama continues to be the same disaster that he's been up until now, Americans will be storming the polls to vote for Palin over him.

Seriously, the more the liberals' heads spin over Palin, the more respect and admiration I gain for her. If in these next two years Obama continues to be the same disaster that he's been up until now, Americans will be storming the polls to vote for Palin over him.

And then the world would truly be laughing at us. Just imagine her in a meeting for nuclear weapons... "Nuclear weapons are bad don't cha know?" "Us Momma Bears are not fans of them because their not from Alaska"

And then the world would truly be laughing at us. Just imagine her in a meeting for nuclear weapons... "Nuclear weapons are bad don't cha know?" "Us Momma Bears are not fans of them because their not from Alaska"

1. The world is already laughing at us because of Obama.

2. Who cares what "the world" thinks about us.