Kyle Williams .... this guy needs a nickname

I thought tugboat was pretty good. All of the suggestions make for an interesting thread :thumbsup:

I'm very surprised K-Dub is actually supported by a few people. I can just see the overly-loud guy with the flat brim at the bar yelling "that's my boy K-dub right there, son!" It just seems ...Well, it's not my taste.

However, it's possible I could be missing the point. Is there some meaning behind "Dub?" Or is it just some random syllable added after the first letter of his first name?

It also doesn't fit Kyle or his personality. He is a humble southern boy with a blue collar look, not some part time rapper from the Bronx.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought tugboat was pretty good. All of the suggestions make for an interesting thread :thumbsup:

I'm very surprised K-Dub is actually supported by a few people. It sounds like a kid named Kevin wants to make a hip-hop song, to me anyway.

However, it's possible I could be missing the point. Is there some meaning behind "Dub?" Or is it just some random syllable added after the first letter of his first name?

"Dub" is short for "double-u," hence, k-Dub. The shortening is pretty common (evidence: my tag).

I for one like "Rockpile" and "Tugboat." Both are not common at all and definitely describe his play on the field.

"Dub" is short for "double-u," hence, k-Dub. The shortening is pretty common (evidence: my tag).

Ah, yes. I did miss that one. Still don't like it for any Buffalo Bill, however.

I wonder if we shoot Chris Brown (bb.com) an email, if he'll find out what the locker room calls him

Kyle "cannon ball" Williams

or Kyle "the cannon" Williams

named after the Williams Gun (confederate civil war cannon, appropriate for a southern boy): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_Gun

it was a rapid fire cannon of the civil war era, which is appropriate given kyle's never quit style, how he keeps coming back at the OL play after play. Here is a photo.

post-11288-065673300 1291508528_thumb.jpg