(OT) Dodge wheels could fall off...

USMCBillsFan

Recall...?

I got a little nervous at first but I have a Ram 1500... So exactly how is a wheel possibly falling off NOT dangerous??  :P

155177[/snapback]

Don't know much about their trucks, but Dodge cars are the biggest piece of sh-- on the road today. I think I'd buy a Kia before I bought a Dodge product. Especially the transmissions in them, including myself (Dodge Avenger about 5 yrs ago), I know about 8 people that had their tranny's go out in a Dodge. And mine went out at 36,214 miles. Think they honored the warranty? HELL NO.

I'm now on the foreign car list myself. Have a Honda and Isuzu. Nothing has ever gone wrong in either. The Isuzu Rodeo has 125K on it already and not a problem. I, my future wife, my parents, future kids, family, and hopefully my friends (If I have anything to do with it), will NEVER under any circumstances own one of those pieces of sh-- Dodge products as long as I live.

So, that pretty much means Daimler Chrysler cars are out.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Dodge!

Don't know much about their trucks, but Dodge cars are the biggest piece of sh-- on the road today.  I think I'd buy a Kia before I bought a Dodge product.  Especially the transmissions in them, including myself (Dodge Avenger about 5 yrs ago), I know about 8 people that had their tranny's go out in a Dodge.  And mine went out at 36,214 miles.  Think they honored the warranty?  HELL NO. 

I'm now on the foreign car list myself.  Have a Honda and Isuzu.  Nothing has ever gone wrong in either.  The Isuzu Rodeo has 125K on it already and not a problem.  I, my future wife, my parents, future kids, family, and hopefully my friends (If I have anything to do with it), will NEVER under any circumstances own one of those pieces of sh-- Dodge products as long as I live.

155239[/snapback]

:P Tell us how you really feel. I hope that I don't have those problems with my truck. I have the '03 Ram 1500 with the Hemi. Almost 20,000 miles and no problems engine wise so far. I love my truck although the gas mileage sucks. I was thinking about trading it for something a little more economical though. The only problem is that I have almost $4,000 worth of accessories I've added and don't want to lose that investment. (side steps, hard back Jason cover, rhino liner, etc....)

USMC...I have a 2002 Dakota Quad Cab. At 30K my upper ball joints went when I was pulling out of a parking lot. I went and had them replaced at no cost. I wasn't aware there was a problem but now every 30K miles I have them replaced. I just flipped 70K miles on it and that is the only problem I've had with it.

They've been trying to get this taken care of for a long time but it's an error in manufacturing that isn't going to be an easy fix. Dodge more than likely is pulling an Lee Iococa and just paying the law suits if they come.

You should get a Toyota. I saw the commercials for their trucks. They're being marketed as "Sturdier. Roomier. Versatilier."

I have no fuggin' clue what the fug 'versatilier' is...unless they've just decided to start making up words...but there you have it. If you want a truck that's 'versatilier,' that's your ride...

on the UK show top gear, they try to destroy a Toyota Hilux truck...the ram it into things, drown it in the sea, set it on fire and drop it from the top of a 20 story building (building gets blown up so it falls with it) and after each beating, the truck starts up and continues driving

You should get a Toyota. I saw the commercials for their trucks. They're being marketed as "Sturdier. Roomier. Versatilier."

I have no fuggin' clue what the fug 'versatilier' is...unless they've just decided to start making up words...but there you have it. If you want a truck that's 'versatilier,' that's your ride...

155276[/snapback]

Hard to argue with that lahjik. Maybe the weathervane is an ad slogan guy too.

I think I'd buy one, just so I can get my tools back from my neighbor.

Don't know much about their trucks, but Dodge cars are the biggest piece of sh-- on the road today.  I think I'd buy a Kia before I bought a Dodge product.  Especially the transmissions in them, including myself (Dodge Avenger about 5 yrs ago), I know about 8 people that had their tranny's go out in a Dodge.  And mine went out at 36,214 miles.  Think they honored the warranty?  HELL NO. 

I'm now on the foreign car list myself.  Have a Honda and Isuzu.  Nothing has ever gone wrong in either.  The Isuzu Rodeo has 125K on it already and not a problem.  I, my future wife, my parents, future kids, family, and hopefully my friends (If I have anything to do with it), will NEVER under any circumstances own one of those pieces of sh-- Dodge products as long as I live.

155239[/snapback]

My girlfriend had an Avenger up until a few years ago. Your right, biggest piece of stojan ever to grace the road. Anything that could have went wrong with that car, did. I also looked at used low mileage Durangos a few years back and found every single one of them had an alignment problem...although the salesmen didn't seem to think it was out of the ordinary. I will never buy a Dodge.

:P Tell us how you really feel. I hope that I don't have those problems with my truck. I have the '03 Ram 1500 with the Hemi. Almost 20,000 miles and no problems engine wise so far. I love my truck although the gas mileage sucks. I was thinking about trading it for something a little more economical though. The only problem is that I have almost $4,000 worth of accessories I've added and don't want to lose that investment. (side steps, hard back Jason cover, rhino liner, etc....)

155260[/snapback]

I had an 95 1500 that I just recently replaced. 275,000 hard miles on it. I did have to replace the tranny once around 120,000. Other than than it was the most dependable vehicle I've owned.

My girlfriend had an Avenger up until a few years ago. Your right, biggest piece of stojan ever to grace the road. Anything that could have went wrong with that car, did. I also looked at used low mileage Durangos a few years back and found every single one of them had an alignment problem...although the salesmen didn't seem to think it was out of the ordinary. I will never buy a Dodge.

155356[/snapback]

I guess it depends on your experience. I bought a 2002 Explorer for my wife and got rid of it 6 months after we bought it b/c it was a piece of crap. From that experience alone I'll never buy another Ford. We bought a Nissan Maxima with 80K miles on it. Runs like a champ.

I guess it depends on your experience. I bought a 2002 Explorer for my wife and got rid of it 6 months after we bought it b/c it was a piece of crap. From that experience alone I'll never buy another Ford.  We bought a Nissan Maxima with 80K miles on it. Runs like a champ.

155370[/snapback]

I had a buddy who used to be a mechanic at a Ford dealership. He always referred to them as Exploders, because the trannies and transfer cases would go our on so many of them.

Funny thing is my brother sells Fords and can get me a great deal, but I don't want to give up my Honda. Tell anyone who says American cars are built just as sound as Japanese cars to look at the gap tolerances for part fit. It has more to do with what the company is comfortable releasing to the market, rather than the quality of worker.

155356[/snapback]

Dodge speaks for itself. All you have to do is research their cars, and you'll find a zillion of unhappy people with them. Especially with their cheap ass, plastic transmissions and poor dealership service. I didn't do my research the first time and paid for it.

Dodge is the biggest piece of sh-- on the road right now. Of course, like I said, I don't know about their trucks, but you can bet your ass, because of their cars, if I was buying a truck it would be a Toyota Tundra or something like it.

155260[/snapback]

Just stating the truth. lol. And, like I said, I'm not sure about the trucks, so good luck with them. I'll just make sure I do my best, that anyone I ever know won't ever buy from these !@#$s again.

Dodge is the biggest piece of sh-- on the road right now.  Of course, like I said, I don't know about their trucks, but you can bet your ass, because of their cars, if I was buying a truck it would be a Toyota Tundra or something like it.

155478[/snapback]

I disagree...the worst POS's on the road are VWs

http://www.vwsucks.com

http://www.myvwlemon.com

i don't think dodge or ford even has sites dedicated to them like that

155276[/snapback]

:P

You know who we have to thank for that? :P:P

Oh... Never had problems with Chrysler products.  My 1994 LHS has 175 K on it and still runs like brand new.

It is all maintenance... You will get your share of problems with cars... Either earlier or later.

155503[/snapback]

BS. It isn't all maintenance. There is a SIGNIFICANT quality difference between manufacturers.