Lets talk bourbon

RkFast

Surprised to see no mention of Basil Hayden's here. Now that's smooth.

Very good. But someone already mentioned it:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/123906-lets-talk-bourbon/page__view__findpost__p__2046854

Also, when funds are low, I will pick up either Evan Williams 90 or Ezra Brooks. Both deliver good value, and good taste.

I was at the very local liquor store today, and there were no good sales on anything interesting. So because I am very broke, I picked up a bottle of Ezra Brooks 90 proof (1.75, $19.99). I tell you, it's tasty stuff for "everyday bourbon". Also noticed Evan Williams Black is now 86 proof. I wonder when that happened? I guess it's been a while since I last bought it.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody tried this one Eagle Rare Single Barrel? I've not but almost picked up a bottle the other day to try it.

i don't think it's worth the price. bought some of george dickel's best stuff (at least for my virginia abc store- white label i think) for thanksgiving weekend with the extended family and it was gone very quickly. the little that i had was very good.

i don't think it's worth the price. bought some of george dickel's best stuff (at least for my virginia abc store- white label i think) for thanksgiving weekend with the extended family and it was gone very quickly. the little that i had was very good.

The if by the "white label", you mean George Dickel #12, it is very good whisky (spelled without the "e" actually, like Scotch). 90 proof, aged for a decent amount of time. It is my standard go-to booze, when I am at my bar. But you may mean George Dickel Barrel Select, which also has a lighter label, and is a bit pricier. it is 86 proof.

The if by the "white label", you mean George Dickel #12, it is very good whisky (spelled without the "e" actually, like Scotch). 90 proof, aged for a decent amount of time. It is my standard go-to booze, when I am at my bar. But you may mean George Dickel Barrel Select, which also has a lighter label, and is a bit pricier. it is 86 proof.

it was #12. i think it's good value as well. never tried the barrel select - i haven't seen it but maybe they put it with the knob, basil hayden's and such at the abc. it's not with the other dickels.

it was #12. i think it's good value as well. never tried the barrel select - i haven't seen it but maybe they put it with the knob, basil hayden's and such at the abc. it's not with the other dickels.

Yes, at my ABC it is with the higher-end stuff.

• 2 months later...