Blind Zebras

SouthernMan

I browsed through some of the posts but didn't see any mention of the piss-poor officiating. Not so much bad calls as it was missed calls.

The Bills defense was being conspicuously blocked and tackled from behind on a regular basis without much notice from the officals.

On the Rothlisberger 18 yard first down run, one of the Bills defenders (Maybin?) was blocked in the back, knocked to the turf, and then as if that wasn't enough, the blocker laid across the top of him to slow any recovery and make sure he was out of the play. The Bill defender would have been in good position to stop Big Ben, so it wasn't a non-relevant non-call.

Of course there was the Dwan Edwards bent in half injurious dirty block - no call.

Calls were bad both ways.

The holding call, I believe on Kemoeatu against Kyle Williams was questionable, and somehow the officals totally missed Williams grabbing the facemask on the way to the ground.

And can anyone tell me why the whistle was blown when Byrd stole the ball?

I thought the spot on the Fitzpatrick 1 yard sneak was bad also. He clearly advanced forward, and yet it seemed the ball was spotted a few inches further back than where the play started. No first down - missed it by that much! ????

Any similar thoughts?

Per any and every NFL game, the refs make disputable calls. Both sides have to work to overcome them, and we're just not there yet. I agree on the Fitz spot, and that missed block in the back. I dont remember the specifics on the Byrd "steal", but I do remember thinking "why'd the whistle blow"? I also questioned the spot on Palalalalamamamlu's INT. Should been down at the 1 or so.

Visit any Steelers board and you'll find them crying about all the injustices done to their team by the refs.

PTR

Agreed. I wasn't say "poor Bills getting screwed again". They did a lousy job all the way around.

I can't for the life of me figure out how these supposed best of the best football officials miss such obvious infractions.

I dont remember the specifics on the Byrd "steal", but I do remember thinking "why'd the whistle blow"?

It's ironic how quick some are to blow the whistle, such as was the case here and I think one from last week also. Then there's the Shawn Nelson thing where he's being given the mosh pit treatment for what seemed like 15 seconds, until enough Ravens got into the scrum to pry the ball away. No whistle - no problem.

I think inconsistency it what drives us mad.

Agreed. I wasn't say "poor Bills getting screwed again". They did a lousy job all the way around.

I can't for the life of me figure out how these supposed best of the best football officials miss such obvious infractions.

It's ironic how quick some are to blow the whistle, such as was the case here and I think one from last week also. Then there's the Shawn Nelson thing where he's being given the mosh pit treatment for what seemed like 15 seconds, until enough Ravens got into the scrum to pry the ball away. No whistle - no problem.

I think inconsistency it what drives us mad.

Byrd was down after contact from a Steller player, not a quick whistle, correct call was made.

I would jave loved to see the illegal contact though that wiped out first fumble. Not ony wiped out the turnover, but it was 2nd and I think 22 and that gave them a first and ten..thought that play was gunna be game over.

from my playing experiences on OL, you are able to lay on any defender as long as he was taken to the ground by not being held? I could be wrong....but I've had cases where I made a clean legit block and laid on top of the defender to slow him down and it was never called....

bills should have been called for a 15 yarder when they twisted big ben when he was on the ground.