Sick of hearing that there is no talent on offense

bkc

I keep reading post after post stating that the Bills offense is overachieving bunch of bums. I think it is time to start acknowledging that while not perfect it is a failry solid unit.

Running back:. Jackson is a solid running back and his paired with a young and dynamic rookie, in additiion the fullback does his job well

Wide recievers : Disspite Johnson's horror show yesterday , you would have to say this is a pretty solid unit. Remember you have a first and second round pick on this unit. Plus Johnson, Nelson and Jones all are late round steals. They still have Easley in reserve , basically coming in as a rookie with nice upside next year

O line: Pretty darn solid in the middle , Urbik showed yesterday thaty at worse he is a useful reserve. Left tackle is improving and will be the guy again next year. Right tackle could use an upgrade but Horward and wrotto have not been as bad as one might have thought.

Tight end : This is the one position that needs help. Neslon has been a disappointment, weather his head is messed up or he has not recovered fully from surgery, clearly he has not lived up to expectations.

Quaterback : The most controversial position. In my estimation Fitz has become a top 15 Q.b , with room for further improvement. While I would never pass on a guy like Luck and I happend to Like Mallett more then most, I would be fine riding with Fitz for the next few years at least .

Edited by bkc

Those who say that rely in the sports media for their opinions. If no one is talking about your players its assumed they can't be any good. They are incapable of forming their own opinions.

PTR

Well you can also say fans of a team tend to see more than is actually there as well.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak.

My "casual fan" opinion is that this is a group of average talent that is playing their hearts out for their coach.

Nothing more, but certainly nothing less either. Not "bums" by any stretch of the imagination.

Well you can also say fans of a team tend to see more than is actually there as well.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak.

My "casual fan" opinion is that this is a group of average talent that is playing their hearts out for their coach.

Nothing more, but certainly nothing less either. Not "bums" by any stretch of the imagination.

The talent difference in the NFL isn't like in college where teams can literally run over another. While there is an elite class of players, the other 98% are all pretty similar in physical capabilities. Many times the coaching those players get is the difference make. That's what we are seeing on the Bills.

PTR

Good teams have two things in common, they have a couple star players (at various positions) and a couple playmakers (often the star players) who make huge plays to win games for you. You saw it yesterday with Troy P and Big Ben.

IMO, right now we have no star players.

The only one on the team right now that looks like he could be one is one of our least productive players, CJ Spiller.

If Steve Johnson puts up 2-3 straight years of 10+ TDs he could be a star but that is a long way away.

McKelvin has the talent to be a star and knack for being a playmaker but he is surely not there yet (and the trip yesterday en route to being a star play to win the game, although not really his fault, is emblematic of that fact).

Kyle Williams, in the last 2-3 years has been a good player. In the last 2-3 weeks he's been a star player but he is not a star yet.

We're a fun team to watch with a lot of guys easy to root for. To be a contender, we need 2-3 stars.

Quite frankly - this team is 3 players away from contending for the playoffs: Another DT, another DE / OLB and a stud ILB

Agreed.

Throw in a TE who can stay healthy and we're making a run at the Super Bowl.

Hopefully, we can re-shore up the CB position without spending too much. But we need to bring in another quality, starting CB for next year as well because I believe McGee is about done and Florence isnt getting any younger.

I have though for awhile that we've had decent talent in the skill positions but that pretty bad QB and OL play hid it. Three players away from the playoffs? maybe if the players are Mario Williams, Clay Matthews,and Jason Witten, I just hope we retain our quality players this year- you can put together optimist scenarios together- like what if the Bills hit big on a one of the highly touted DT/3-4 ends with their 1st, come away with an OT who can contribute right away with their 2nd, grabs some talent at LB 3rd and 4ths, Sean Nelson proves to be a real TE, Shawne Merriman returns to form, Carrington, and Troup come on- but I'm not going to go too crazy, I've seen how much Detroit has improved their talent and they still can't win.