Gailey the Teacher

JESSEFEFFER

I wonder if Stevie had a TD celebration planned for today's game. If so, I wonder if he was thinking about his celebration while the ball was coming to his hands. Regardless, Chan has mentioned the humble/humbled line twice in two weeks. Both times it was directed to the play of Steve Johnson. The first in reponse to the "Why so serious?" celebration and the second in regards to his 5 or 6 drop day. The first I took as a warning the second as a "I tried to warn you" admonishment.

I get the impression that Gailey is using the adversity that comes with the failure in these close games to teach these guys how to be pros. They may learn faster under these circumstances because the lessons are more painful.

I wonder if Stevie had a TD celebration planned for today's game. If so, I wonder if he was thinking about his celebration while the ball was coming to his hands. Regardless, Chan has mentioned the humble/humbled line twice in two weeks. Both times it was directed to the play of Steve Johnson. The first in reponse to the "Why so serious?" celebration and the second in regards to his 5 or 6 drop day. The first I took as a warning the second as a "I tried to warn you" admonishment.

I get the impression that Gailey is using the adversity that comes with the failure in these close games to teach these guys how to be pros. They may learn faster under these circumstances because the lessons are more painful.

It was extremely painful to watch Johnson play so horribly today.

Agreed, I think Chan Galley is one kind of coach. Like Marv Levy, we may have hitched our wagon to his at the perfect time in his career. I’ve never seen a guy so impress with a 2-9 record. This entire team has the look of an emerging talent. I feel confident that next year will start a long string of playoff appearances.

Edited by whodat

5 drops but 8 key receptions that kept drives alive and helped us tie the game.

PTR

Sorry. No matter how you try to justify it he still dropped the game winning pass.

I will say however I feel sorry for the kid. He's a human being. The guy dropped a football in a game that in the grand scheme of things is meaningless. Keep your chin up kid. It's okay!

...I get the impression that Gailey is using the adversity that comes with the failure in these close games to teach these guys how to be pros. They may learn faster under these circumstances because the lessons are more painful.

Sometimes a bad experience is the best teacher. You've got to pick yourself up and try again . . .