Kickers Playing on Football Teams

ajzepp

17 members have voted

1. 1. What Should be Done to Stop this Madness?

• Nothing! I LOVE Kickers!!
    • We Should Eliminate XPs and Force Teams to Always Go for 2pt Conversions
    • I'm Thinking of Something Involving Tar and Feathers.
    • Ryan Mallett Sucks
    • Other

I've about had it with kickers ruining the game. I don't even need to recount the history of kicker issues we as Bills fans have had to endure, but even just the past 24hr of football have just been embarrassing! This needs to be stopped!

Boise St hasn't lost a game in like six years until they have to rely on a kicker to do his damn job. Not only does this idiot miss a chip shot field goal to win the game, he misses ANOTHER CHIP SHOT FG to win in OT. And then to add insult to injury, Boise loses when the OTHER teams kicker makes a kick.

Just a few mins ago in the Georgia v Georgia Tech game, Tech comes fighing back to seemingly tie the game up at 35, but NOOOOOOOOO....the KICKER has OTHER ideas and decides to screw his team by missing the damn XP.

Stop the MADNESS!!!

Edited by ajzepp

Man, we have a lot of drunks on this forum.

*edit* By the way, I had that game recorded. Thanks for telling me who won and in what fashion.

Sorry man, I forgot to call you and check which games you've watched and which ones you haven't. I got around to the other thousands of TBD'ers, but somehow you slipped my mind. Won't happen again.

Sorry man, I forgot to call you and check which games you've watched and which ones you haven't. I got around to the other thousands of TBD'ers, but somehow you slipped my mind. Won't happen again.

What a thoughtful reply. Did you wander onto this board by mistake?

Yes, I sure did. :rolleyes:

Results are talked about all the time on this board. There is no way to have any clue who has watched what...any moron knows that.

It is called football for a reason.

So you're saying that kickers are the FOUNDATION of the game? Oh man, this isn't good...

Yeah, the guy with thirteen thousand posts wandered onto the board by mistake.

For my part, I'm with the "it's called football for a reason" crowd. The kicking game is extremely important: (1) most teams' leading scorers are Ks; (2) nothing dictates field position like good kicking and punting.

Yeah, the guy with thirteen thousand posts wandered onto the board by mistake.

For my part, I'm with the "it's called football for a reason" crowd. The kicking game is extremely important: (1) most teams' leading scorers are Ks; (2) nothing dictates field position like good kicking and punting.

Yeah, probably most people feel that way. I don't have any attachment to Boise, but it just seemed like something wasn't right in the world when their hopes for a national title were just sent down the crapper because they have an idiot kicker who can't make a single frickin FG from 25 yards. Not only did he have one chance, but TWO, and the dude still couldn't finish. The Boise team and fan base must be SICK in their stomachs over that :wallbash:

Edited by ajzepp

I've about had it with kickers ruining the game. I don't even need to recount the history of kicker issues we as Bills fans have had to endure, but even just the past 24hr of football have just been embarrassing! This needs to be stopped!

Boise St hasn't lost a game in like six years until they have to rely on a kicker to do his damn job. Not only does this idiot miss a chip shot field goal to win the game, he misses ANOTHER CHIP SHOT FG to win in OT. And then to add insult to injury, Boise loses when the OTHER teams kicker makes a kick.

Just a few mins ago in the Georgia v Georgia Tech game, Tech comes fighing back to seemingly tie the game up at 35, but NOOOOOOOOO....the KICKER has OTHER ideas and decides to screw his team by missing the damn XP.

Stop the MADNESS!!!

I actually thought about this a few years ago when the Steelers lost a playoff game when their kicker missed a bunch of field goals.

I think kicking field goals and extra points should be eliminated from the game. The 20 yd line would be the field goal line (being in the field of play would truly make it a field goal). After the 3 points are scored a new set of downs would be given and the team would be aloud to go on like normal to score or turn it over on downs or punt but that would be dumb being that close. A touchdown would be 4 points, if the team wants a 2 point conversion then they would get 3 points and proceed with 2 point attempt.

There would still be kickoffs after scores but the punter and the kicker has to be the same guy so as not to take up valuable roster space with an extra kicker.

This would add way more scoring to the game and excitement do to all the extra goal line stands and 4rth down conversions that would normally go to field goals and punting.

I actually thought about this a few years ago when the Steelers lost a playoff game when their kicker missed a bunch of field goals.

I think kicking field goals and extra points should be eliminated from the game. The 20 yd line would be the field goal line (being in the field of play would truly make it a field goal). After the 3 points are scored a new set of downs would be given and the team would be aloud to go on like normal to score or turn it over on downs or punt but that would be dumb being that close. A touchdown would be 4 points, if the team wants a 2 point conversion then they would get 3 points and proceed with 2 point attempt.

There would still be kickoffs after scores but the punter and the kicker has to be the same guy so as not to take up valuable roster space with an extra kicker.

This would add way more scoring to the game and excitement do to all the extra goal line stands and 4rth down conversions that would normally go to field goals and punting.

You bring up another good point....why the fug do we need a kicker AND a punter? Are you telling me that these kickers can't also punt the damn ball?? These are professional athletes for gosh sakes...

What do you think of the new scoring method?

I'd be all in favor of changing the scoring system to get rid of the kickers, man...so sounds good to me! lol

LOL @ Boise State. OREGON DUCKS 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPS BABY!!!

I hate kickers too aj, but it's part of the game. Gotta just try to live with it.

Yeah, that's the bottom line for sure...I was going to complain more, but then I saw that quote in your sig LMAO

Lou Holtz is my favorite coach of all time!! :thumbsup:

You bring up another good point....why the fug do we need a kicker AND a punter? Are you telling me that these kickers can't also punt the damn ball?? These are professional athletes for gosh sakes...

Do we need both full AND half backs?

Do we need both centers AND long snappers?

Do we need both wide receivers AND tight ends?

These are professional athletes for gosh sakes...

Stop the MADNESS!!!

ajzepp, maybe you could learn a bit from one of your favorite Kallage QBs. devil.gif:devil: Performance, Passion and Patience. tongue.gif

Edited by Nanker

You're inventing a whole new sport, there.

This, I've never understood. Nor have I understood why some teams have to have 3 kickers: one to place-kick, one to punt, and one to handle kickoffs (remember Brad Daluiso?).

I also think it would be pretty cool if teams could punt a field goal; i.e., drop-kick without having to bounce the ball off of the field.

Georgia Tech lost by 8.

They let Georgia score in the final minute in order to get the ball back.

ajzepp, maybe you could learn a bit from one of your favorite Kallage QBs. devil.gif:devil: Performance, Passion and Patience. tongue.gif

Ugh LOL :P

Do we need both full AND half backs?

Do we need both centers AND long snappers?

Do we need both wide receivers AND tight ends?

These are professional athletes for gosh sakes...

Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to this thread :rolleyes: