So... I'm STOKED for this weeks game...

McD

I'm really liking what I see from this team, but I'm a realist to know what kind of competition we've faced the past few weeks. That being said, I also realize winning a game in the NFL is still winning a game. Cincy and Detroit might not have great records, but they're still more than capable of making some noise on any given Sunday. Playing Pitt will be an entire different ballgame, and although I think we can play them tough, I don't see us coming away with a W. Mostly because we still don't know how to stop the run and Pitt will NOT abandon their running game especially playing against the Bills in Buffalo in late November. The O needs to keep us in this game, and the D and ST's each need to make a BIG play or two. Without any of this, I can see a double digit loss here. Realistically, that's what we are right now... that's the team we are. This is why I'm PREACHING the drafting of multiple defensive players as well as some help through FA. The team is OK on the offensive side of the ball, but the D is in need of some help. No moral victories, but to me keeping the game competitive will be a big boost to this team and its fans. You wont see me ever rooting for a loss, but if we play tough football and then lose, I'll be ok because it will help get the draft position that we have EARNED, and that we need to get better.

Here's to the master plan of getting this team healthier... :thumbsup:

I am looking at this game as a good "measuring stick" for the entire team and coaching staff. The offense has performed well against two very good defenses in Chicago and Baltimore....can they keep it up against what appears to be the best defense in the league? The defense has improved somewhat over the past couple weeks (sans the 1st half last week). They are still getting gashed in the running game, but they are finally getting to the quarterback, and subsequently, are getting some turn overs. The Pittsburgh O-line is depleted to say the least...lets see if the defensive coordinators game plan for this and really go after Big Ben.

Pittsburgh is a really tough team to game plan for offensively. Belicheat and the Pats seemed to do a masterful job of this a couple weeks ago, making the Pittsburgh defense look silly. Although I don't expect similar results, I am interested to see how Chan's offensive game-plan unfolds. Also, will Chan and his crew be able to harness the momentum of two straight wins, and get his players fired up...playing at home? We'll see what happens. At the end of the day, I don't foresee this being a blowout by Pittsburgh.

Have you guys noticed this team has played up or down to the ability of its opponents in recent years? That was what frustrated me most during the Jauron era: We'd take the Cowboys or Patriots to the wire in prime time, then play like garbage against the Browns. They'd flash a bit of hope to sucker you in, then remind you who they really were.

This year, we've definitely played UP to some our best competitors (see Baltimore, Patriots [which was close]), and while we've had SOME cases of playing down to the level of not-so-good teams (Dolphins, Lions), we've also found ways to shake off lousy play in the middle of a game (Bengals).

Only the Jets and Packers have completely outclassed us. And we can always chalk the Dolphins and Packers up to Trent.

My prediction for the Steelers: Close, but not close enough.

Have you guys noticed this team has played up or down to the ability of its opponents in recent years? That was what frustrated me most during the Jauron era: We'd take the Cowboys or Patriots to the wire in prime time, then play like garbage against the Browns. They'd flash a bit of hope to sucker you in, then remind you who they really were.

This year, we've definitely played UP to some our best competitors (see Baltimore, Patriots [which was close]), and while we've had SOME cases of playing down to the level of not-so-good teams (Dolphins, Lions), we've also found ways to shake off lousy play in the middle of a game (Bengals).

Only the Jets and Packers have completely outclassed us. And we can always chalk the Dolphins and Packers up to Trent.

My prediction for the Steelers: Close, but not close enough.

i kinda agree, about the trent factor. the miami game was very much there, i think that if fitz was there, we win.

I don't know what the line is, but I have a good feeling about our beloved Bisons(aka the Bills) chances. I'm buying in to what Fitz and Chan said about them believing in each other, and I'm starting to gain confidence in Edwards' schemes and the players on the D becoming comfortable and familiar with their roles. I do think they'll need to come up with some more turnovers in order to beat Pitt. I think Roethsberger is good, not great.

I'm really liking what I see from this team, but I'm a realist to know what kind of competition we've faced the past few weeks. That being said, I also realize winning a game in the NFL is still winning a game. Cincy and Detroit might not have great records, but they're still more than capable of making some noise on any given Sunday. Playing Pitt will be an entire different ballgame, and although I think we can play them tough, I don't see us coming away with a W. Mostly because we still don't know how to stop the run and Pitt will NOT abandon their running game especially playing against the Bills in Buffalo in late November. The O needs to keep us in this game, and the D and ST's each need to make a BIG play or two. Without any of this, I can see a double digit loss here. Realistically, that's what we are right now... that's the team we are. This is why I'm PREACHING the drafting of multiple defensive players as well as some help through FA. The team is OK on the offensive side of the ball, but the D is in need of some help. No moral victories, but to me keeping the game competitive will be a big boost to this team and its fans. You wont see me ever rooting for a loss, but if we play tough football and then lose, I'll be ok because it will help get the draft position that we have EARNED, and that we need to get better.

Here's to the master plan of getting this team healthier... :thumbsup:

The Bills will play hard, smart, disciplined football and they won't quit, but they are (on paper) simply out-gunned by the Steelers talent. No legitimate pass rush is going to cost them defensively in this game. Big Ben with time to throw + the Bills weaker secondary is NOT a good prospect. They won't be able to put up a lot of points on Pitt's defense either. I doubt the running game will sniff 100 yards and Blitzburg's pass rush will be putting constant pressure on Fitz. Buffalo's passing game should go to quick throws to avoid Fitz getting mauled and having to turn things over to Brohm. But it should be a gutsy game and the Bills may keep it a lot closer than the odds makers predict.

Pitt 31 Bills 17

Edited by DrFishfinder