One Win Is Enough

Bills99999

Maybe it's just me but I hate losing.

You're not alone Bills Brother. I personally would like to win out. It won't happen but I can't see a huge difference picking 1st or second from 5th, 6th or 7th. I suppose if there was a Bruce Smith in this draft maybe i'd change my tune, but is there? I'd rather start that winning attitude now. Who knows, if we appear on the way up maybe it will help us land a premier free agent. F :censored: losing! :censored: I say.

So we know there are a couple of former players who occasionally look at TSW - if there truly are any current players that 'come to The Wall', what do you suppose they think when they see such stupidity about wanting to lose the rest of the season?

Can't really tell if he' serious, sarcastic, making a poor attempt at humor, a troll, or just an idiotic current member using a different name to stir up some sh-- (that's my suspicion), but he's the first person to make my ignore list on the basis of one post!

He's Back! Mpl that is.

e='Edwards' Arm' timestamp='1290094539' post='2036376']

Quite frankly, I saw more intellectual merit in his one post than I've seen in the most recent hundred posts I've read from you. The Bills need more talent. The draft is the main source of new talent. Early picks are worth considerably more than later picks. Adding an elite player with a top-3 pick would be a lot better for the long-term future of this team than would a Jauron-like 7-9 season.

Wow. That's pretty rough. For what its worth senator, there may be a few here that don't like your posts but I'm not one of them.

You're not alone Bills Brother. I personally would like to win out. It won't happen but I can't see a huge difference picking 1st or second from 5th, 6th or 7th. I suppose if there was a Bruce Smith in this draft maybe i'd change my tune, but is there? I'd rather start that winning attitude now.

Not sure how a 7-9 or 8-8 record develops a winning attitude? Those 7-9 records under Tricky Dick didn't do much for a winning attitude. Even the year we finished 9-7 winning 8 of the last 9 (2004) resulted in a 5-11 record the next year (2005).

I think what we need are better players. I'm rooting for them to win them all, but honestly, I won't be too upset if they lose out either. Our best shot at getting better players is to draft as low as possible.

Do you honestly think ryan fitzpatrick will try to lose on purpose so that the billls can draft a qb? Or any player that could be out of a job next year because they're aren't trying to win? Players get paid to win (or try to for that matter) not to worry about draft position!

We can't risk our #1 draft pick hopes

Maybe this time we won't waste in on the next Maybin

I remember a quote from Marv Levy, something to the effect of "if you keep trying and don't quit, sometimes you get lucky". I will say this for the 2010 Bills. They are determined. That's a lot more than I can say for "America's Team". If the Bills had Dallas' talent to go along with their on field effort, I bet we would be 5-4 or 6-3 by now. So why did I say all that? I've got a feeling the Bills are going to win a couple more games this year. We won't be getting the #1 pick, but hopefully the F.O. can draft some guys who can contribute for a change. Did we trade Maybin for "future considerations" yet??

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

Wow. That's pretty rough. For what its worth senator, there may be a few here that don't like your posts but I'm not one of them.

They're all - including the idiot Edward's Arm - on 'ignore', ERBF, so I don't even see what they post. (Unless it's as part of a reply, like now, and I only wish there was a way to block seeing them there as well).

Anyone who professes a desire to have the Bills lose all of their remaining games - then attempts to argue why it's good idea - is a mental midget whose opinions are of no consequence to me.

True fans, like us, want to see the Bills win. Every week.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Edited by The Senator

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Let's lose now so maybe we can win later? :unsure:

I can't begin to fathom how people can seriously support that idea.

Winning and wanting to win are the only things that make sense to me.

It doesn't matter where we draft as much as it matters HOW we draft and the HOW has been the problem the last 10 years not the where.

Rr

It doesn't matter where we draft as much as it matters HOW we draft and the HOW has been the problem the last 10 years not the where.

Spot on accurate. Look at perennial winners like the Pats.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's simple. Winning is better than losing. Memories are better than dreams.

They're all - including the idiot Edward's Arm - on 'ignore', ERBF, so I don't even see what they post. (Unless it's as part of a reply, like now, and I only wish there was a way to block seeing them there as well).

Anyone who professes a desire to have the Bills lose all of their remaining games - then attempts to argue why it's good idea - is a mental midget whose opinions are of no consequence to me.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Posts like the above are why I'm delighted that the Senator has placed me on his ignore list. He brings nothing to the discussions in which he participates, beyond insults for those who disagree with him.

Better draft position has value, for reasons I think should be glaringly obvious. (Anyone who thinks the 32nd overall pick has the same value as the first overall pick is probably not very familiar with the NFL draft.)

Increasing your players' collective confidence also has value. Winning games is one way to do that.

My personal approach would be to get the early draft pick/talented player this year, and worry about increasing confidence through winning games in subsequent years. Others feel that confidence needs to be increased now, regardless of the effect the extra wins would have on the team's draft position. It's a question that can intelligently be argued either way. Unfortunately, some posters, such as the Senator, evidently prefer name-calling to intelligent discussion. Possibly because they are far better suited to the former than to the latter.

Not sure how a 7-9 or 8-8 record develops a winning attitude? Those 7-9 records under Tricky Dick didn't do much for a winning attitude. Even the year we finished 9-7 winning 8 of the last 9 (2004) resulted in a 5-11 record the next year (2005).

I think what we need are better players. I'm rooting for them to win them all, but honestly, I won't be too upset if they lose out either. Our best shot at getting better players is to draft as low as possible.

You don't think after losing the first 8 games, if they come on and win 6 or 7 of the final 8 games that that wouldn't help them develop a winning attitude? I do and I think it would give them some confidence and something to build on going into next year. Your use of dick jauron as an example doesn't hold any water. ugh, I cant even stand to write his name.

But I'm with you. We DO need better players. But I am willing to let the chips fall where they may but it sure would FEEL good to win some more games. Especially against the cheatriats*, dolphags, and j-e-s-t-s!

We can't risk our #1 draft pick hopes

Maybe this time we won't waste in on the next Maybin

Wow what a way to start your posting on this sight. Apparently they opened the gates that let the retarded morons in here. You aren't a Bills fan if you root for them to lose, plain and simple. Go post on some other site.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It's simple. Winning is better than losing. Memories are better than dreams.

You are 100% correct, especially as long as Ralph is the owner, no dreams are going to come true anyway.