WGR 550 the low rent district of radio

mchammer

Don't forget too, WGR is the voice of the Sabres. If WGR can take attention, interest and maybe sponsors away from the Bills, maybe the Sabres can pick them up instead. There's a limited amount of money to go around in Buffalo, so if because of their rants, someone decides to go to a Sabres game instead of the Bills, again a win for WGR.

So I think WGR dumps on the Bills because:

A) It helps the Sabres

B) The Bills did turn down WGR for broadcast rights so there are hard feelings

C) WGR has dumped on the Bills over the years, In return th Bills made it a bit tougher on WGR to work with them. Seems it was tit for tat back and forth, each trying to piss off the other. So WGR goes out of their way whenever they can to dump on the Bill's

As far as WGR being a bunch of idiots, seems they are pretty effective as there are always a number of threads here talking about what idiots they are. Sounds like they are alot smarter than you think as people are always talking about them!

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying, except that if you listen to them, they really do blast the Sabres when the Sabres should be blasted. They've been harder on the Sabres than on the Bills this year, when I've been listening.

Well alot of people do seem to listen to them as seen here by the number of threads every week discussing the latest stupid thing they did. You want to get rid of Shoup and the Dope, everyone needs to stop posting about them. I'll promise you one thing, every time one of these threads appears, there likely is at least one person who normally doesn't listen to them, will now go and listen to see if they "really are as bad as people here claim". I think they both are terrible, but seems to me they are sly like a fox as the dumber they act, the more people talk and write about them.

Talk about them? Yes. Listen to them? No. And that's what pays their bills.

PTR

Just like people who say they hate Howard Stern used to account for a large part of his audience, I'm sure WGR is aware that a lot of people who tune in dislike the personalities.

But the point is, they still tune in.

Well alot of people do seem to listen to them as seen here by the number of threads every week discussing the latest stupid thing they did. You want to get rid of Shoup and the Dope, everyone needs to stop posting about them. I'll promise you one thing, every time one of these threads appears, there likely is at least one person who normally doesn't listen to them, will now go and listen to see if they "really are as bad as people here claim". I think they both are terrible, but seems to me they are sly like a fox as the dumber they act, the more people talk and write about them.

Unless you are an Arbitron/Nielsen household your listenership will not effect ratings.

Unless you are an Arbitron/Nielsen household your listenership will not effect ratings.

If the people that are complaining bombard the advertisers of this show with calls/letters/emails stating strong displeasure of their support of these two, things might change.

Venting here at TBD will get nothing done.

Edited by ConradDobler