There seems to be an abundance of pessimistic sarcasm on this board

Pilsner

If Im in a foxhole I want a guy next to me who can shoot and throw grenades.

They are one of the worst teams in the league, and one of the bottom 3 franchises in NFL history.

I'll get optimistic when there is new ownership and a clear plan for improvement.

Unti then, Ill remain not pessimistic but skeptical.

RTB

Pils, from all indications that I get you come across as a nice young man and I admire the optimism. Great avatar too. Reminds of a time period back in 1985 ... (thats another story :beer: ).

I would like you to name who the great leaders on this team are. I am curious. One of my complaints is that we lack real leadership on this team and our top drafted players are often mentally weak whenit comes to football and leadership. Not talking about the players that are quotable, or cheerlead, or talk smack. Leadership. Who sets the example by working hard and teaches it on to others? Who makes the big plays when needed? Who fires up the troops when things get tough?

I have a few names. Too few I am afraid. I am interested in your opinion here.

Go Bills!!

Thanks for all the great replies guys. I enjoyed reading them. I missed the game today due to a bday party. But tried my best to keep track of the game on my phone. I'll have to read up and see how the game went. Close victory.

Bob in STL, I agree with you that we do lack some leadership. I have hope that hard working players such as Fitz, Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, and Wood amongst others will fill this void. This is a young team and imo it'll take more time for these players to grow into this leadership role. This is assuming they will take it by the reigns and go with it. They'll also need more consistently good games to fully earn the respect needed to be viewed as leaders.

Go Bills!!

Thanks for all the great replies guys. I enjoyed reading them. I missed the game today due to a bday party. But tried my best to keep track of the game on my phone. I'll have to read up and see how the game went. Close victory.

Bob in STL, I agree with you that we do lack some leadership. I have hope that hard working players such as Fitz, Kyle Williams, Stevie Johnson, and Wood amongst others will fill this void. This is a young team and imo it'll take more time for these players to grow into this leadership role. This is assuming they will take it by the reigns and go with it. They'll also need more consistently good games to fully earn the respect needed to be viewed as leaders.

Go Bills!!

I think that Fitz is a leader. He is smaert and he sacrifices himself. The players notice that he puts it on the line.

Wood is going to be similar to Ken Hull as a leader. At least I think so.

Kyle Willaims and Poz on defnese. We need to get some better players around them.

George Wilson is another that impresses me as a quiet leader.

We need more.

Cheers!

to answer the senator's question for myself, I am happy the bills won the game against Detroit. I am happy that we have improved from being won of the worst playing football teams of all time before the bye to be tied for the last place in the league right now. If we keep improving I'll be less pessimistic, but I would like to see us get to .500 before I'm going to believe we are on the right track.

Still...its nice to see improvement.

I understand the frustration, and my only comment is that the transition to this new regime would probably have received a little more slack around here if the constant coaching and poor HC hires of the last 7 years had not occurred. I truly think this team is on the right track, and some of us guys who have learned that we have really nothing but patience to give are enjoying what we see as a far more competitive team than any of the last 6 seasons combined.

The team is 1-8, actually playing solid offense for the first time since Bledsoe's first year, and have been exciting to watch. I have looked back at some of the wins, and when you see punt returns and kickoff returns as the reasons the team won, it feels a little hollow, since the offense couldn't score. This team is scoring now, and if it's any consolation, seems to be looking like a more complete team than in recent years despite the Win/Loss columns indicate. A solid follow up draft this off-season will do wonders next year, and I am hoping a few key defensive acquisitions help put the right people in position to succeed.

With the exception if this last week, has anyone noticed how much fewer injuries this team has sustained? I don't think that's coincidence. My thumbs up to what looks like a much more physical, and better conditioned team, and that's not blind optimism, that's just the cold hard facts.

I do hope more people speak up on some of the out-of-line comments, this is in fact a game, and whether or not the team wins or loses really doesn't give anyone the right to go over the top and bash people around here, or wish ill-will towards some players, coaches, etc. I have been lurking and reading some of the better posts around here since about '03, and never wanted to post, simply because of all the bashing people get when they post an honest opinion, but I am hoping to see this board turn a corner, and see some people realize we are all rooting for the same team, and for most, live in the same community. This board is becoming highly visible, and I'd hate to think what is said from time to time is an indication of the integrity and resolve most us are made of, and what Bills fans are truly like.

Good post, thanks for taking the time to speak your mind.