Play Calling: Chan vs. DJ & his OC's

Glory Bound

Even though we havn't won a game, I've noticed something different about myself while watching this year. I am not screaming at the screen for the idiotic play calling. In fact, I have been pleasantly surprised of late at the innovative calls. We certainly have our issues, but this is one area in which I think we have vastly improved under Gailey. Chan seems to have it together in this area. Anybody disagree with me?

Even though we havn't won a game, I've noticed something different about myself while watching this year. I am not screaming at the screen for the idiotic play calling. In fact, I have been pleasantly surprised of late at the innovative calls. We certainly have our issues, but this is one area in which I think we have vastly improved under Gailey. Chan seems to have it together in this area. Anybody disagree with me?

The throw to Johnson that was intercepted was actually a brilliant call. If only Fitz threw it a foot further it was a TD.

PTR

Doesn't hurt that we have a QB not afraid to throw into coverage and possesion receivers who can actually catch the ball in clutch situations, thus making 3rd downs actually convert-able.

The throw to Johnson that was intercepted was actually a brilliant call. If only Fitz threw it a foot further it was a TD.

PTR

Also the fly to Spiller last week in OT, would have been the game if the pass was on target.

I said it before and I'll say it again, I rather watch this years 0-7 team then last years 6-10 team any day..!

I said it before and I'll say it again, I rather watch this years 0-7 team then last years 6-10 team any day..!

That's an amazing statement...one in which I completely concur. The last three games were very entertaining! We could easily have won them all & the talking heads would be calling us the "hot" team right now. We're so close ... we just need a couple more planets to line up. I haven't felt this in years.

Enuf said...Even though we haven't won a game. Sooner or later you gotta finish the game with more points on the board than the other team. That ain't happening with a team that won a significant number of games last year.

I mostly agree. I do love that they got Roscoe more involved and are actually running the quick slant pretty often.

I hate to stand up for anything Jauron, but I'm sure Trent made a lot of the playcalling look worse than it really was in the past few years with his constant checkdowns.

Chan is the first OC we've had in ages that fully understands the concept of calling certain plays to set up others. He understands the idea of getting defenses to move by forcing them to cover more of the field from play to play. He knows that all defenses give you something on every play and he knows how to take it. That's important because it's by taking what the defense gives you that eventually allows you to take what you want more often. But you need more playmakers to exploit match-ups in order to do that with regularity. And he fully understands that, too.

Gailey is doing a fantastic job as an OC. Especially given the talent he has.

GO BILLS!!!