Direct TV Sunday Ticket problems yesterday

skijef

I'm just wondering if anyone had problems on Sunday Ticket HD channels. It didn't come on until almost half time by me!

I didn't have any issues yesterday but I did have a problem with one of the earlier games in the year. The funny thing was, I wasn't getting HD for the Bills game but I did for all the other games. I called DirecTV about it and they had no clue.

All I did was unplug my receiver and restarted it and everything was fine after that. Sometimes it's just your equipment and not the overall system.

I didn't have any issues yesterday but I did have a problem with one of the earlier games in the year. The funny thing was, I wasn't getting HD for the Bills game but I did for all the other games. I called DirecTV about it and they had no clue.

All I did was unplug my receiver and restarted it and everything was fine after that. Sometimes it's just your equipment and not the overall system.

I couldn't get through to the tech support (waited on the phone for 30 min). I tried the sales and finally talked to someone. She said they have issues with HD channels and give me $50 to calm me down!

No problems here either, although a lot of people in the chat room were complaining that it wasn't in HD locally. Are you local? If so, that's probably the problem - the local affiliate, not DirecTV.

I'm in New Jersey. I had the same problem with Ravens game.

YE had a problem with the game. The video was all herky jerky... completely made the game unwatchable. Finally in the 2nd quarter, YE OLE got hip to that jive and reset his receiver. After several minutes of waiting YE OLE system to reboot and missing precious minutes of game time, it came back online and the problem was solved. The video was smooth after that. YE wishes he had known to call and complain to the DirecTV corporation so as to perhaps gain monetary refund for game time lost.

Talked to my brother in Atlanta, after the game. He has DIRECT TV also...he said he couldn't really watch it, the picture was bad, and he couldn't get through to customer service. I told him that DIRECT TV never has any issues, according to the DIRECT TV advocates on TSW.

No problems here either, although a lot of people in the chat room were complaining that it wasn't in HD locally. Are you local? If so, that's probably the problem - the local affiliate, not DirecTV.

Fez, it's been long rumored around here that you're on DirecTV's payroll. I don't care about that, but how much do they pay you? ;)

Fez, it's been long rumored around here that you're on DirecTV's payroll. I don't care about that, but how much do they pay you? ;)

If only.... :(

I'd be curious to know what receivers the people with issues have, since the majority of people didn't have any issues. It's also odd that the local affiliates were sending out SD signals; maybe an incompatibility between what the locals were sending out and a certain model of receiver? No idea...

If only.... :(

I'd be curious to know what receivers the people with issues have, since the majority of people didn't have any issues. It's also odd that the local affiliates were sending out SD signals; maybe an incompatibility between what the locals were sending out and a certain model of receiver? No idea...

I have 3 HD DVRs all HR22-100.

I have had Directv for 11 years and the HD receivers are not much different than a PC. Every once in a while I restart the sucker to insure smooth sailing and I have had very few problems. I usually notice the receiver responding slowly to the remote control first and that is my signal to reset.

Also, as a call center guy, it is impossible to responsibly staff a center in anticipation of a possible non-event. That would be very costly to the organization, especially if the issue is SD from local TV. That said, better upfront messaging outlining what your CSRs are hearing about problems you can't fix would help.

I couldn't get through to the tech support (waited on the phone for 30 min). I tried the sales and finally talked to someone. She said they have issues with HD channels and give me $50 to calm me down!

Here's a little secret to speed up the customer rep wait - pssst....keep this under your hat.

When you get to the voice prompts, just say (clearly) the word "cancel". Watch how fast you get a real person on the other end of the phone! Works every time for me.

Here's a little secret to speed up the customer rep wait - pssst....keep this under your hat.

When you get to the voice prompts, just say (clearly) the word "cancel". Watch how fast you get a real person on the other end of the phone! Works every time for me.

"Customer retention" works too.

About 2 years ago directv sent me a small card with a "special" 800# for being a loyal customer. I never wait with that number and I know if they can ID your phone number and you are a long term customer they bump you ahead of others in queue.

I will not even share my special number with family.

About 2 years ago directv sent me a small card with a "special" 800# for being a loyal customer. I never wait with that number and I know if they can ID your phone number and you are a long term customer they bump you ahead of others in queue.

I will not even share my special number with family.

I'm with Directv since 1998! I guess it's not long enough.