Is today the beginning of a new Buffalo Bills era?

1billsfan

Is today the day they stop the decade long descent to the very bottom and begin a steady rise back to the top? I see the Bills somewhat dominating the Bears today. I think this team wins at least four of their remaining games including the Patriots. Yes, I said Patriots. I see Ryan Fitzpatrick proving over these remaining games that he's the Bills' franchise QB we've all been waiting for. I also see this defense coming together and becoming halfway decent. I think we actually have a pretty good team that's hungry and ready to deliver a beat down today.

The problem with today is that Cutler will probably make our defense look good by throwing a mass amount of picks and getting sacked. I don't think I could stomach the idea of not getting the chance to draft Luck at #1 because we decided to prove a point and win 4 games this season.

The problem with today is that Cutler will probably make our defense look good by throwing a mass amount of picks and getting sacked. I don't think I could stomach the idea of not getting the chance to draft Luck at #1 because we decided to prove a point and win 4 games this season.

Dude, they're going to try to win the rest of their games on the schedule. That's how it works. It's not just about "proving a point", it's about winning games. If they manage to get 4, I'll be ecstatic. If that somehow directly prevents them from drafting Andrew Luck (which isn't likely), you'll have a point but only in hindsight.

Most of the world seems to think the Bills get their first win today.

You know what that means.

Bears in a blowout.

I have seen that we're a popular pick this week for the upset, I just don't know if I buy it. Matt Forte is more than capable of having a HUGE game today and if Cutler plays decent today we could be in for a long day. If Cutler throws 4 INTs and Mike Martz doesn't choose to exploit our run D then we've got a chance.

WIN WHAT YOU CAN WHEN YOU CAN! An 0-16 season just to take Luck who may not even come out this year would be incredibly stupid. Not to mention at this moment right now Fitz is doing what you need a QB to do so this team may be better served for Luck to stay in Stanford another year and let us draft another position this year then go get him next year.

Is today the day they stop the decade long descent to the very bottom and begin a steady rise back to the top? I see the Bills somewhat dominating the Bears today. I think this team wins at least four of their remaining games including the Patriots. Yes, I said Patriots. I see Ryan Fitzpatrick proving over these remaining games that he's the Bills' franchise QB we've all been waiting for. I also see this defense coming together and becoming halfway decent. I think we actually have a pretty good team that's hungry and ready to deliver a beat down today.

You see all that beginning today? In the "Neutral Dome" playing in front of more fans who mock the Bills then cheer them? Playing against a decent 4-3-0 Bears team with more talent then the Bills in just about every important position, desperate for a good win, very much in the hunt for the division and at least the a wild card spot? You still "see" Fitzy as the Bills franchise QB? You "see" this defense becoming halfway decent?

I've been wearing glasses since I was 9 years old, and without them the big E is nothing but a blur. So could you please send me your ROSE COLORED glasses ASAP?? I would love to see all these wonderful things happening for the Bills starting today. But without your glasses, I see an easy win for the Bears, where Cutler may set a Bears franchise record for fewest pass attempts while his running game grinds out the usual 200 plus yards against this horrible defense and controls the ball for around 42 minutes or so.

Sorry, and of course I know Merriman's not playing today anyway. But I think you can give DC George Edwards Julius Peppers, Troy Palamalu, Ed Reed and Shawne Marriman and he would figure out schemes for his new defense to still suck. This defense that you "see" coming together won't improve until either Gailey or Nix bring in a qualified DC to coach it!

....Not to mention at this moment right now Fitz is doing what you need a QB to do so this team may be better served for Luck to stay in Stanford another year and let us draft another position this year then go get him next year.

Well if that's your plan, you're absolutely right about Fitzy. He's doing "what you need a QB to do" in order to lose 16 games and finish with the number one pick in the draft. Of course, this plan of your's makes no sense. Are you saying you want Fitz to "lead" the Bills to an 0-32-0 record over this next year and a half, so just in case Luck decideds to stay in school, which of course nobody has any idea whethter he will or not, the Bills can "go get him next year"??? :oops::doh:

I see the Bills somewhat dominating the Bears today.

I see the Bills somewhat putting up a fight today, but ultimately not making the plays, or making enough bad plays, to put another in the loss column. That's what happens when you simply do not have the talent or coaching to compete for four quarters.

If you mean today is the day the Bills realize Fitz has the "sh*ts" in the 4th quarter,

and they need to draft a QB, then yes.

:blush:

Guess what? They lost again.

It appears not

If you mean today is the day the Bills realize Fitz has the "sh*ts" in the 4th quarter,

and they need to draft a QB, then yes.

:blush:

You do realize that Fitzpatrick was the entire Bills offense today, and that while those two interceptions were killer, he and an ok defense were the only rerasons the Bills had a shot in the fourth. I thought the Bills played pretty good today expect for Fred Jackson. Jackson sucks and he should be benched.

Plus, would it kill the Bills' defense to get an interception once this season?

You do realize that Fitzpatrick was the entire Bills offense today, and that while those two interceptions were killer, he and an ok defense were the only rerasons the Bills had a shot in the fourth. I thought the Bills played pretty good today expect for Fred Jackson. Jackson sucks and he should be benched.

Plus, would it kill the Bills' defense to get an interception once this season?

Yes I do. There's only one problem: Fitz doesn't WIN games for the Bills, only loses them.

There are some INTs you just can't throw. His late game accurancy it getting to be a real pattern. He's not

the answer.

[/quote

NOT A SINGLE PLAYER DRAFTED THIS YEAR HAS EVEN MADE AN IMPACT ON THIS 0-8 TEAM... THERE ISN'T EVEN A GLIMMER OF HOPE ON THE BUFFALO BILLS HORIZON, UNLESS YOU COUNT A MOVE TO L.A. AS HOPE.. DEAD TEAM OWNED BY A ZOMBIE, PLAYING IN A DYING TOWN!!!