(OT) So Where IS This Untaxed Paradise ?

Mark VI

OK. New York State is a tax happy hell hole to live.

How much better is it where you live ? Taxes ? Crime ? Housing Costs ? Population ? Good people ? Schools ? Weather ? Economy ? Yada yada yada...

Ejamacate me on this " Paradise " you folks live in. I may move in a few years and would like to know where Paradise is located ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much better is it where you live ? Taxes ? Crime ? Housing Costs ? Population ? Good people ? Schools ? Weather ? Economy ? Yada yada yada...

Ejamacate me on this " Paradise " you folks live in. I may move in a few years and would like to know where Paradise is located ?

153203[/snapback]

Well, PA is its own hell, but at least there's no sales tax on food and clothing.

Florida has no Income tax and Delaware has no sales taxes at all.

153203[/snapback]

It was fun when I had my friends who came down here for the Bills game. I asked one how his job was going. Told me he just got a raise, and is now making $45k. (i didn't ask, he just gave that up). $45k down here will get you a nice refridgerator box and maybe a razor scooter for transport. In Buffalo, that's a decent living.

People like to B word. If it wasn't for taxes, they'd find something else.

I am counting the days till when I can pay 9.25% tax when I go buy a 12 pack. And guess what, I won't even complain about the $.60 in deposit.

It was fun when I had my friends who came down here for the Bills game. I asked one how his job was going. Told me he just got a raise, and is now making $45k. (i didn't ask, he just gave that up). $45k down here will get you a nice refridgerator box and maybe a razor scooter for transport. In Buffalo, that's a decent living.

People like to B word. If it wasn't for taxes, they'd find something else.

I am counting the days till when I can pay 9.25% tax when I go buy a 12 pack. And guess what, I won't even complain about the $.60 in deposit.

153217[/snapback]

well when you're paying 9.25% on diapers, food, gas, clothes, furniture, appliances, coffee and everything in between, it really adds up.

Haev a kid soemtime and you'll find out why taxes suck.

Well, PA is its own hell, but at least there's no sales tax on food and clothing.

153211[/snapback]

Fla may be the place...I hear that the NFL is considering putting a pro football team in Miami.... :D

153211[/snapback]

As Mark 6 says though, what about the other points. IE: Florida..........go to the Miami Herald web-site, there must be 4-5 murders a day just in Miami. Weather is great until the hurricanes stop by. I doubt housing is cheap there either

well when you're paying 9.25% on diapers, food, gas, clothes, furniture, appliances, coffee and everything in between, it really adds up.

Haev a kid soemtime and you'll find out why taxes suck.

153224[/snapback]

:D

Move to WPB sometime, pay $2200 a month for rent. When you decide you want to switch places, I'll send you a check every week for the 3% sales tax difference for all of your groceries.

:D

Move to WPB sometime, pay $2200 a month for rent. When you decide you want to switch places, I'll send you a check every week for the 3% sales tax difference for all of your groceries.

153237[/snapback]

...and you can always go to Niagara, Genesee, or Chautaqua counties (depending on what's closest) to save 1%....part of the reason I live mid-way between the Buff and Rachacha....

NEW HAMPSHIRE...NO SALES TAX...NO INCOME TAX!!

But sky high property taxes, car registation fees, almost no state services to speak of, and some school systems that are downright third-world quality. They pay for schools here with kids selling candy bars.

The strange thing is every town has a state-of-the-art police station. At least we have our priorities straight!

PTR

Riddle me this batman. Where else in the world can I move where I can get a decent 3 bedroom house in the suberbs for $150k? If you brought a suitcase full of cash containing $150k and tried to buy a 1bdrm house in WPB, you would get laughed out the door.

But keep bitching. The grass is always greener on the other side. :D

153203[/snapback]

any of the red states are better.............

Hudson, WI (suburb of St. Paul, MN)

CW

153251[/snapback]

and I'm sure their sales tax is 0%.

You're missing the point. The point is people in WNY have it GOOD when it comes to cost of living. 9.25%, so what? If you're weekly grocery bill is $200, you now pay another $2.50 a week. Go clip an extra coupon.