Jon Stewart unapologetic in promoting a radical muslim...

They're Muslim. I thought all Muslims supported radicalism?

I don't think that all muslims support radicalism, but I do think that the vast majority who don't living here in America further the radical's cause by remaining almost completely silent after 911 and subsequent attack attempts. Where are the rallies against radical muslims by moderate muslims, where are the public condemnations by muslims, where are the muslim organizations against radical muslims? They're either afraid or they don't care. Neither one is a good thing for muslim and non-muslim relations in America.

I've just provided proof of a radical muslim being promoted on stage in front of a hundred thousand adoring young Americans and there's isn't even any outrage on this board. Are you no longer considered a radical if you believe in killing an author because of a book? Are you no longer considered a radical if you believe in the stoning of a women because of adultery? He was caught in a lie when he said he never said those things, then saying that they were said in jest (which would be so sick and twisted in and of itself). No one here can be that gullible that they believe he said those things in jest. Anyone?

Wasn't it Comedy Central that buckled to fear by pulling the South Park cartoon? Censoring itself for the very first time because of flat out fear of being attacked? Freedom of speech meets and loses to radical islamic pressures.

I don't think that all muslims support radicalism,

bull ****. Every post you make on Islam is fear-mongering nonsense. Aren't you the moron that criticized the "religion of peace" for blowing up the church in Baghdad a few days ago, conviently ignoring the blisteringly obvious fact that the emergency responders and security personnel were also Muslim?

You're simply a bigot, painting with a broad brush because you can't separate "Muslim" from "extremism".

bull ****. Every post you make on Islam is fear-mongering nonsense. Aren't you the moron that criticized the "religion of peace" for blowing up the church in Baghdad a few days ago, conviently ignoring the blisteringly obvious fact that the emergency responders and security personnel were also Muslim?

You're simply a bigot, painting with a broad brush because you can't separate "Muslim" from "extremism".

Sorry to disappoint you Whoopi, but that wasn't me. Nice to see that you still aren't capable of having a rebuttal without the name calling.

Yeah, you got the wrong guy on this one, and, I don't like this "call people bigot" because of what they say. Show me real evidence of real bigotry here. Hint: There isn't any.

What is happening: you can't separate the terrorists from the religion of Islam, because the terrorists are Muslim, and operating in Islam's name. So is Iran, the Taliban, the Saudis, and every other Islamic nut. Mo matter how hard you try, they are all linked to Islam, and they will remain linked for exactly as long as it takes moderate Muslims to get off their asses and do something visible to confront the d-bag Muslims.

We can't tell a moderate Muslim from a nutty one, because the moderate Muslims "aren't getting any separation" :D that allows us to make that distinction. That's not our fault. That's their responsibility because it's their religion's problem.

You keep telling us that we should be tolerant of all Muslims. Does that include the nuts? How are we supposed to tell who we should be tolerant of, and who we should fight, if the moderate Muslims refuse to make that distinction clear?

You keep telling us that we should be tolerant of all Muslims. Does that include the nuts? How are we supposed to tell who we should be tolerant of, and who we should fight, if the moderate Muslims refuse to make that distinction clear?

Is conner's stupidity contagious or something? I never said that. I said you should be tolerant of Islam. One should not, however, be tolerant of violent murderers, whatever their creed.

That's where 1billsfan demonstrates his bigotry. He demonstrates intolerance for the religion itself and its proponents as a whole, regardless of their actions.

Is conner's stupidity contagious or something? I never said that. I said you should be tolerant of Islam. One should not, however, be tolerant of violent murderers, whatever their creed.

That's where 1billsfan demonstrates his bigotry. He demonstrates intolerance for the religion itself and its proponents as a whole, regardless of their actions.

Where is it written that only the religion of Islam is inviolate? Isn't it possible that some of the problems in the Muslim world are inherent to Islam? Or, that some of the problems are partially derived from Islam? (EDIT: How is the Pedopriest poblem for Catholics not inherent to the Caltholic religion?)

Objectively now, the only people who are making this distinction, AREN'T Muslims. I would like the people directly involved to make the distinction, instead of being told I have to rely on non-Muslim opinion.

Edit: oh, and of course be called a bigot if I don't rely on non-Muslim opinion. :wallbash:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I don't know if he is a bigot or not but I do know that you are FULL OF CRAP. I just went on the Bills website; clicked on roster and here is what I saw:

56 Ellison, Keith LB 6-0 229 26 5 Oregon State

:censored:

It had been awhile since our resident bigot started screaming about Islam again....

Yep, Yusef Islam - Cat Stevens....he's the guy America should be afraid about....

I am scared of the guy who took 10-10-10 to make an amonium nitrate bomb with a bad detonator. I mean, that's scary!

You do know that they once called opponents of the Virginia 911 mosque bigots. The same mosque that the New York Times once reported little diddy...

"The New York Times, Oct. 19, 2001: "Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki, spiritual leader at the Dar al-Hijra mosque in Virginia, one of the nation's largest. . . . is held up as a new generation of Muslim leader capable of merging East and West."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704868604575433214247852860.html

I never said that all muslims are evil or that I even hate all muslims. But putting blinders on a significant problem that is only growing worldwide would be just as stupid as if I had said such things. Yusef said those things, it's on tape. Stewart should be ashamed for promoting him in the way that he did. If Jon felt that Yusef no longer believes such things then fine, but there's no way he should have put him up on display as an example of a moderate muslim. I already proved that point in describing the ramifications of a pastor given such a platform after saying such crazy things.

Why is it that everytime someone says anything that is in any way accusatory of any muslim for any reason, otherwise sensible posters all of a sudden become emotionally charged members of some limp wristed left-wing sensitivity brigade?

Get a sense of proportionality people. We all know that not all muslims are terrorists, and not all muslims support terrorists. We don't have to prove how "open minded" we are (and by open minded I mean so "open minded" that we close our minds to anything that doesn't cater to our desire to show how intellectually superior we are by our inability to draw any connection whatsoever between Islamic terrorists and Islam.) by jumping on anyone who has reservations about some of the practices of Islam or people who support that behavior.

Why is it that everytime someone says anything that is in any way accusatory of any muslim for any reason, otherwise sensible posters all of a sudden become emotionally charged members of some limp wristed left-wing sensitivity brigade?

Get a sense of proportionality people. We all know that not all muslims are terrorists, and not all muslims support terrorists. We don't have to prove how "open minded" we are (and by open minded I mean so "open minded" that we close our minds to anything that doesn't cater to our desire to show how intellectually superior we are by our inability to draw any connection whatsoever between Islamic terrorists and Islam.) by jumping on anyone who has reservations about some of the practices of Islam or people who support that behavior.

Thanks. What was completely lost here to the "you're a bigot" police" is the point about Yusef Islam being paraded in front of 100,000 young Americans as an example of a moderate muslim. Those comments, while granted made a long time ago, were radical islamic statements and America is currently at war with radical islam. Jon Stewart has some explaining to do.