I thought Kansas City CHEFS attendance

the paper says 66,000+ at Arrowhead yesterday. I saw quite a few gaps... lots of yellow seats in the middle deck disguised as fans. That stadium seats what, 77,000 or so?

Those were fans dressed as empty seats for Hallowe'en. Geez! :thumbsup:

The reason a lot of those club seats go empty is because they don't sell single game tickets. To sit there you have to sign a multi-year contract, and there's not a lot of people willing to drop $5k+ on tickets. Pretty stupid idea IMO. It was actually sold out even though you see a bunch of unused seats on TV.

Chiefs fans dress in red, which is awesome. So don't mistake the sea of red for empty seats. The yellow club seats were empty but that doesn't mean they weren't sold. Those people could have been inside the club watching the game, staying warm. Look at any club level in any stadium and it's usually half-empty.

PTR

I made the comment during the gameday thread about the yellow seats. In the end zones, they were so completely empty it makes you think those tickets went unused? I mean, there should have been at least a couple hundred straglers braving it outdoors, but those were EMPTY.

Meanwhile Detroit had an announced crowd of only 42K vs. Washington. From what i read it sounded like fewer were actually there. I wonder what they would have drawn for Buffalo? sheesh. Which makes me wonder how many of our hearty fans will turn out to see Detroit (which actually has some talent on that team). I'm guessing more than 42K

Edited by zow2