easy maybin

chasincars

Easy solution for Maybin - trade him or re position him for next season

Some have suggested trying him at tight end, but you have to wonder if he has any football instincts for the offensive side either. It seems unlikely.

When asked about being inactive in Baltimore and "do you consider this as a wake up call?" He says no, it's not a wake up call, it was something a bit lighter.

I thought wow that's NOT a wake up call??? What on earth would it take to serve as a wake up call - a sledge hammer? Yikes, he seems clueless, not even angered by all this.

But he's sitting on $15 million (or whatever), eh, what the heck? I hope he enjoys that money, because he will eventually need to "get a job".

Some have suggested trying him at tight end, but you have to wonder if he has any football instincts for the offensive side either. It seems unlikely.

When asked about being inactive in Baltimore and "do you consider this as a wake up call?" He says no, it's not a wake up call, it was something a bit lighter.

I thought wow that's NOT a wake up call??? What on earth would it take to serve as a wake up call - a sledge hammer? Yikes, he seems clueless, not even angered by all this.

But he's sitting on $15 million (or whatever), eh, what the heck? I hope he enjoys that money, because he will eventually need to "get a job".

They should try him one offense, he has good size and speed, he lacks size and the strength where he is now.

Bruce Smith got yelled at all the time by his first coach, Hank Bullough, he called him lazy, fat, and an under achiever ...along with many other4 letter words. Also, Smith didn't develop into an all pro overnight, it took him years to be decent at stopping the run.

While I was against the pick of Maybin from the start, and wanted Michel Oher instead, even Orakpo if they HAD to draft a DE/ OLB. Kinda a shame we can't go back and look at those posts now, if we could I'd re-post what I posted back then, all I did was B word about the Maybin pick.

Stating both those things, what the Bills are currently lacking is DC who knows what he is doing, plus they need to move to Maybin to DE, then to get a very good OLB behind Maybin like Darryl Tally to run/pass support and let Maybin just rush the passer.

YOU CAN"T TEACH SPEED!!! remember that line from the draft, OK well then, let him rush the passer if that's all he knows at this point, and is good at, so let him run the arc and get to the QB as DE.

I don't think it would be a problem for him to learn all the blocking responsibilities of not only the Tight End position but the entire offensive line. And learn an entire NFL play book after never playing on the offensive side of the ball, which would include the route tree of his position and every other receiver, all the motion responsibilities, and be able to read defenses.

Yeah shouldn't be a big deal, after all he's the same height and weight as a Tight End.

Bruce Smith got yelled at all the time by his first coach, Hank Bullough, he called him lazy, fat, and an under achiever ...along with many other4 letter words. Also, Smith didn't develop into an all pro overnight, it took him years to be decent at stopping the run.

While I was against the pick of Maybin from the start, and wanted Michel Oher instead, even Orakpo if they HAD to draft a DE/ OLB. Kinda a shame we can't go back and look at those posts now, if we could I'd re-post what I posted back then, all I did was B word about the Maybin pick.

Stating both those things, what the Bills are currently lacking is DC who knows what he is doing, plus they need to move to Maybin to DE, then to get a very good OLB behind Maybin like Darryl Tally to run/pass support and let Maybin just rush the passer.

YOU CAN"T TEACH SPEED!!! remember that line from the draft, OK well then, let him rush the passer if that's all he knows at this point, and is good at, so let him run the arc and get to the QB as DE.

He is not good at that either. And he really isn't all that fast. OT's have handled him with ease when he tries a speed rush from the outside, wether he was coming from the DE position with his hand on the ground or as an OLB blitzing.

I haven't seen the blazing speed either. If he was on ST at all, I never saw him getting in McIntyres way making the tackle.

I don't think it would be a problem for him to learn all the blocking responsibilities of not only the Tight End position but the entire offensive line. And learn an entire NFL play book after never playing on the offensive side of the ball, which would include the route tree of his position and every other receiver, all the motion responsibilities, and be able to read defenses.

Yeah shouldn't be a big deal, after all he's the same height and weight as a Tight End.

Amen. Plus, who knows if he can catch a ball?