Ryan Fitzpatrick's arm strength

Simon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really how much farther does he need to throw. He can throw half the field and probably longer if he wanted to.

Arm strength is not about the far throw, but can an individual throw into the wind. If you have played football, then watching a person throw into the wind does make a difference. If that wind is blowing 25mph and it's wet, throwing it to the sidelines becomes almost impossible and will limit a team from calling plays. Very few qb's in the league will have trouble throwing a ball 50 yards, but the issue is on a timing route, will it still get there on time or hang or even die. That is the issue.

Really how much farther does he need to throw. He can throw half the field and probably longer if he wanted to.

If he can do it from his knees, I will then be impressed, but I really don't think that it means all that

much, Jamarcus Russell could do it from his knees.

Edited by Cookiemonster

Really this board is schizophrenic. Everyone wants better QB play, and when you get it, everyone tears it apart! I mean come on, he is rated number #2 in the NFL. End of story. Shutup and start supporting the team you supposedly support. You people really make me want to vomit with the negativity.

One good game? Where have you been the last 5 weeks? All Fitz has done in the past 4 games is be the best QB in the league second only to Peyton Manning. You don't get there from one good game man. Give credit where it is due.

Not picking on you but this is why some of our fans suck. We have been given a tremendous gift horse in Fitzpatrick's performance and all half of us can do is look that gift horse in the mouth and try to find something wrong with it. Fitz is not just playing OK....HE IS KICKING ASS!!!! End of story. Will he keep it up? I hope so! Will he have occassional bad games like any other QB in this league that is given 10x the respect? Sure. Will loser Bills fans jump all over it and take a dump on the guy and say "see, this is the real Ryan Fitzpatrick"? Absolutely.

It's crap like that that makes me believe we get what we deserve always being dissappointed. We should be carrying this guy on our shoulders and trying to encourage continued performance like this instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Amen brother!