QBs are soft

The reason why so many QBs (and other players)get hurt is they don't do any hitting in practice. You know how a boxer conditions himself? He gets hit all day. Ever watch the old guy getting blasted in the stomach by a cannon ball, he did this twice a day six days a week! Now players don't need this much abuse but hitting twice a week would go along way towards toughening these guys up and we could see good tackling again in the NFL.

If you're thinking about the Romo injury last night I think that's actually the perfect example of an injury where a QB was in a dramatically vulnerable position after delivering a pass. I don't know that any NFL player, regardless of position, wouldn't sustain an injury after having his shoulder driven into the ground.

Without going to the extreme that the OP did, I can attest to the fact that hitting in practice does indeed get you more ready for the hitting in games.

We used to go through it every year in Rugby. You can work out in the gym all you want, you can run all the drills you want, but unless your body is accustomed to hitting/being hit, you arent ready for the games.

Now, Im not sure that hitting the QB in practice would prevent injuries like Romo's, and would lead to anything more than more injured QBs (see: Losman), but the general theory is accurate.