Maybin question

With his athleticism I see potential. You cannot possess those attributes that Maybin has and not have potential. My concern is that many sources have said it was like playing with a rookie who was not used to the game every snap. There is information on his confidence, as well. Aaron Maybin is not done in the NFL.

Maybe he can play safety .... the ones we have sure can't. At Safety Mr. Maybe won't have to deal with offensive linemen ...

I think it was to teach him a lesson. Just because you were the 11th overall pick in the draft, doesn't mean you're guaranteed to play on this team. Even if it's in your hometown of Baltimore with your family watching. You need to dedicate yourself to this team and being a great player, and not the fame and fortune that come along with being a pro athlete.

How many more humbling lessons does he need? I think he got it a long time ago. He just sucks.

They'd be on the hook for the guaranteed portion, which according to rotoworld:

8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal includes $15 million guaranteed. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2010: $395,000, 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5177

How many more humbling lessons does he need? I think he got it a long time ago. He just sucks.

I agree, this was a move because he is not good enough to get on the field and contribute. Even on special teams.

Ok one question if anybody knows. Was he inactive because of injury or just because he sucks. I know he was playing infront of his hometown. If it's not because of injury I think it sends a clear message to him that they are not happy with his production

I'm sorry, but this made me shoot powerade out my nose. A former high first round pick who can't even find the field should realize that his team is unhappy with his production.

A former high first round pick who has no production (virtually) on which to hang his hat is probably laughing every time he cashes a game check.

I thought Maybin was bragging on his myspace page that he was putting on 10#s muscles a week and some of the lemmings were lapping it up. Does Maybin care more about his myspace page or football? It seems obvious to me the answer

They'd be on the hook for the guaranteed portion, which according to rotoworld:

8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal includes $15 million guaranteed. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2010: $395,000, 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million, 2015: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5177

I agree, this was a move because he is not good enough to get on the field and contribute. Even on special teams.

I don't have his stats in front of me but that works out to..... About 2 million per tackle?