AZTEC WARRIOR JUST DESTROYED A VIKING

sleaky72

Ok so its a lil MMA talk here, but I just watched Cain Velasquez destroy former Minnesota Viking lineman Brock Lesnar who looks like a modern day Viking to become the first Mexican heavyweight champ.

Wow, wonders shall never end, except for the Bills of course

Yeah........that was something. Velasquez was awesome tonight. Watching his career, and to see what he did tonight, he has a chance to be a champion for a VERY long time. He was dominant. Can't wait to see him defend the Title! Great fight by him. Very disappointed with Lesnar's performance.

Congrats to Cain, though. He earned it.

Brock thought just because he was heavier he could bully Cain. But at the weigh-in, Brock came in light at 264, and Cain heavier at 244. 20 lbs is not that big a difference at that level. If it were 40 lbs 275 to 235, then it starts to matter. Brock had a flawed strategy from the start and needed to rely on technique instead of the amateurish bull rush. Cain is way too good to lose to someone with poor technique who's not that much bigger.

When Lesnar was rolling around on the matt getting thumped, that was most agony Ive ever seen on a UFC's fighter face.

Brock's inexperience REALLY shows when he's scrambling...He came out and needlessly expended a bunch of energy vs. a MUCH more experienced and savvy fighter...This was bound to happen sooner or later...Brock looks like he NEVER trains "worst case scenario." I'm not saying he doesn't, just saying he looks like he doesn't...He did the same thing vs. Carwin...Rolling around and covering up instead of working his way into guard and out of trouble...But Carwin punched himself out...Cain is WAY too smart for that...He picked Brock apart easy...Lesner better learn how to handle getting hit without going down and just rolling into a ball, cause his defense is not great...He's got a lot of ground to make up and he's not getting any younger...He's still not bad for 7 fights though... B-)

I think It's a really weird situation when the defending champ is the less experienced fighter but that is what was going on tonight and it showed. I hope for ufc's sake Brock learns from his mistake and rededicates himself and regains the crown.

I thought this thread was going to be about Deadliest Warrior

+1

I think the whole UFC thing is a fix. Not that they really determine the winner - but I think they draw it out and make sure to add to a storyline. UFC is down right now, not as popular as it was a year or so ago. There was not much of a storyline with Tito retiring and Liddell being done. A lot of the names that got them popular are gone. The Lensar/Valesquez story is what the UFC needs and if Lesnar won there is no need for a rematch. Now there can be a series between the two, each more hyped and drama. Dana White is a mastermind just like the McMahon family, unfortunately, he is out of his mind thinking he can have the luck the WWE has had, because to me, they are both sporting event shows.

Also, FWIW, Lesnar might have been the best NCAA wrestler in the last 10 years. Sanderson did not face that much competition and did not win as convincingly as Lesnar. Of course, Dan Gable is the top.

+1

I think the whole UFC thing is a fix. Not that they really determine the winner - but I think they draw it out and make sure to add to a storyline. UFC is down right now, not as popular as it was a year or so ago. There was not much of a storyline with Tito retiring and Liddell being done. A lot of the names that got them popular are gone. The Lensar/Valesquez story is what the UFC needs and if Lesnar won there is no need for a rematch. Now there can be a series between the two, each more hyped and drama. Dana White is a mastermind just like the McMahon family, unfortunately, he is out of his mind thinking he can have the luck the WWE has had, because to me, they are both sporting event shows.

Also, FWIW, Lesnar might have been the best NCAA wrestler in the last 10 years. Sanderson did not face that much competition and did not win as convincingly as Lesnar. Of course, Dan Gable is the top.

Tito fought last night too.

And there's no way Lesnar was faking the huge gash on his left cheek.

Tito fought last night too.

Since Jenna Tito has been a p-whiped tool. This effectively ended his career, in fact, he did technically say he was done. He was right, he's done.

And there's no way Lesnar was faking the huge gash on his left cheek.

Not saying that Lesnar was faking, I am saying it just wsa all too sweetly packaged that things happened like they did! A quick TO? Really? Lesnar is not someone you get a quick TKO on, and I am not taking away from Valesquez.

Since Jenna Tito has been a p-whiped tool. This effectively ended his career, in fact, he did technically say he was done. He was right, he's done.

Not saying that Lesnar was faking, I am saying it just wsa all too sweetly packaged that things happened like they did! A quick TO? Really? Lesnar is not someone you get a quick TKO on, and I am not taking away from Valesquez.

No way Lesnar would let Cain pound away on him like that ... WAY TOO dangerous. Any one of those blows could have seriously injured him. If youre going to fake it, youd agree to let the guy get you in a choke hold and tap out.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Brock thought just because he was heavier he could bully Cain. But at the weigh-in, Brock came in light at 264, and Cain heavier at 244. 20 lbs is not that big a difference at that level. If it were 40 lbs 275 to 235, then it starts to matter. Brock had a flawed strategy from the start and needed to rely on technique instead of the amateurish bull rush. Cain is way too good to lose to someone with poor technique who's not that much bigger.

When Lesnar was rolling around on the matt getting thumped, that was most agony Ive ever seen on a UFC's fighter face.

Brock weighed in the day before at 264 but probably was closer to about 280 at the fight, all Heavyweights have to make the 265 weight limit the day before the fight. Cain just outclassed him everywhere, I thought Cain had a great chance but never did I think he would dominate Brock the way he did. I've never seen anyone get right up after a Lesnar takedown like that. Cain has a huge test in his next fight with Junior Dos Santos who has just been wrecking people and is also undefeated. Can't wait for that one.