We'd be foolish not to try and get draft picks for Stroud right n

Got_Wood

The team is going nowhere, and we have a big contract guy sitting as dead weight on this roster. Don't give me this "he's a team leader" stuff. Because the team leaders have led us into a giant ditch. We need to acquire as many draft picks as we can, and I'm sure there is a team out there contending for a playoff spot that can use Stroud's services (Texans, Colts, Eagles, Bears, Cardinals, etc).

Edited by Got_Wood

The team is going nowhere, and we have a big contract guy sitting as dead weight on this roster. Don't give me this "he's a team leader" stuff. Because the team leaders have led us into a giant ditch. We need to acquire as many draft picks as we can, and I'm sure there is a team out there contending for a playoff spot that can use Stroud's services (Texans, Colts, Eagles, Bears, Cardinals, etc).

Perhaps he can be packaged with Kelsay...oops, forget that, no reason to diminish Stroud's trade value.

Uh, dude... the Bills gave up a 4th rd.pick for Stroud three years ago when he was "relavant". Three years later he is a member of the the worst defense in football and part of perhaps the worst front seven in Bills history. You mention drat picks? That suggests more than one. I can't, in my wildest dream, see the Bills getting even a low 7th rounder for Stroud.

Now, please convince all of us... what NFL team would ring Buddy Nix's phone and tell him they are interested in acquiring Marcus Stroud? And, if you were a half coherent GM making that call to Buddy, what would you offer up as compensation?

Keep in mind, the team which acquires Stroud has to pony up about $5m/yr. in salary.

If some GM made a deal for Stroud, he'd sure have a lot of 'splainin' to do

I'd do it just do dump his salary and free up a roster spot for a young player. Signing Stroud is just another example of the Bills ineptitude at putting a team together. Jaguars knew he was over-the-hill and the Bills were dumb enough to pony up a 4th for him :wallbash:

Uh, dude... the Bills gave up a 4th rd.pick for Stroud three years ago when he was "relavant". Three years later he is a member of the the worst defense in football and part of perhaps the worst front seven in Bills history. You mention drat picks? That suggests more than one. I can't, in my wildest dream, see the Bills getting even a low 7th rounder for Stroud.

Now, please convince all of us... what NFL team would ring Buddy Nix's phone and tell him they are interested in acquiring Marcus Stroud? And, if you were a half coherent GM making that call to Buddy, what would you offer up as compensation?

Keep in mind, the team which acquires Stroud has to pony up about $5m/yr. in salary.

If some GM made a deal for Stroud, he'd sure have a lot of 'splainin' to do

We gave up a 3rd and a 5th. And that was in 2008. Not very long ago.

We could still get a 4th or 5th, or even potentially a player. He's worth that salary on a team that matters. We aren't trying to win this year, and that makes him a waste of money.

Not sure if you all have seen the 2010 Buffalo Bills, but Marcus Stroud is horrible and not even worth 3 used footballs. Jacksonville fleeced the Bills getting a 3rd and a 5th for him.

There's NO WAY a team trades for Stroud. It's more likely that he gets released.

I was hoping they'd do it right before the season started when he had showed up in spectacular condition. Then I kept waiting for it to happen all year, being absolutely positive they'd move him the day after the Jacksonville game after he'd played the best game he is ever going to have again as a Bill. Now I'm wondering if they're going to do it at all.

He's not a particularly good fit in a 3-4 at this stage of his career, but I think he's still got a lot to offer a team that is trying to make a championship run. If I was a fan of the Colts, Eagles, Titans, Falcons, etc. I'd be thrilled to have him brought on board for a 4th round pick.