Kevin Kolb

agardin

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate

24 Kevin Kolb PHI QB 71 105 67.6 26.2 804 7.7 201.0 5 2 37 35.2 83T 10 2 9 98.3

Full list

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

If the Eagles would take our 2nd pick (essentially a low 1st, kinda like the Cassels deal with KC) I would make the trade, he is young but has been learning the NFL game for a couple of years and is likely a better bet than the QBs who may or may not be coming out for the the draft. I think the Eagles, if they decide to trade him, would want a 1st. Two questions for the board, is Kolb a better bet than this years draft class and does Reid go back to Vick?

Edited by agardin

Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate

24 Kevin Kolb PHI QB 71 105 67.6 26.2 804 7.7 201.0 5 2 37 35.2 83T 10 2 9 98.3

Full list

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

If the Eagles would take our 2nd pick (essentially a low 1st, kinda like the Cassels deal with KC) I would make the trade, he is young but has been learning the NFL game for a couple of years and is likely a better bet than the QBs who may or may not be coming out for the the draft. I think the Eagles, if they decide to trade him, would want a 1st. Two questions for the board, is Kolb a better bet than this years draft class and does Reid go back to Vick?

Why would the eagles trade the guy that they think is going to be the future of their team. Why??????

Why would the eagles trade the guy that they think is going to be the future of their team. Why??????

One of them will be gone by the start of next year, Vick has played well and is cheaper ( for now, I guess they would have to renegotiate a longer term deal for Vick ) Vick is only 30 and has shown that he might actually be better than he was with Atlanta. You can get a 1st or 2nd for Kolb, I have no idea what you would get for Vick but it might be less but who knows. As I said, they won't be keeping both of them, I will avoid the Vick to Bills discussion as it has been done to death and it usually gets into his personality defects.

One of them will be gone by the start of next year, Vick has played well and is cheaper ( for now, I guess they would have to renegotiate a longer term deal for Vick ) Vick is only 30 and has shown that he might actually be better than he was with Atlanta. You can get a 1st or 2nd for Kolb, I have no idea what you would get for Vick but it might be less but who knows. As I said, they won't be keeping both of them, I will avoid the Vick to Bills discussion as it has been done to death and it usually gets into his personality defects.

Eagles get rid of all their old players. Trotter, dawkins, westbrook, and McNabb have all left when the team thought they were to old to play. Vick is going to be on that list soon. I will give him two more years. They are not going to give Kolb away because they think he is their future QB.

Edited by b stein 22

Eagles get rid of all their old players. Trotter, dawkins, westbrook, and McNabb have all left when the team thought they were to old to play. Vick is going to be on that list soon. I will give him two more years. They are not going to give Kolb away because they think he is their future QB.

I can't see them both being on the same team for the next two years. The eagles can use the pick/s they get for either one and use it a leverage or to get rid of a higher priced veteran ( Peters..?, just kidding I have no idea who that player might be ) That is why NFL teams covet these draft picks, outside of the top 15 or so picks the rest of the draftees are cheaper and allow you to let higher priced players go.

So Kolb is back to franchise status again? I thought he was supposed to be a bum for getting replaced by Vick?

PTR

PTR, not that I have anything against you, but it seems like 99% of your posts are similar to this one. Sarcastic, "Im smarter than you", "youre going back on your word" now stuff. Not everybody said Kolb sucks, bust, yada yada yada. Your posts rarely contribute to anything. Why post at all just to post garbage like this? The people posting in this thread are likely not the ones saying Kolb sucks, If anyone even did.

Again, not attacking you just wonder why you bother posting this stuff.

Anywho, Id think Vick, if either of the 2 would be available. It seems like Reid likes Kolb and hes his guy. ESPN insider had Lee Evans trade rumors on it today. Now that DeSean Jackson got hurt (dont know the severity of it but he was down for a while), what do you think of a trade involving Lee Evans and Vick? Maybe worth pondering....seems like both teams might improve with this.

Edited by Munch

PTR, not that I have anything against you, but it seems like 99% of your posts are similar to this one. Sarcastic, "Im smarter than you", "youre going back on your word" now stuff. Not everybody said Kolb sucks, bust, yada yada yada. Your posts rarely contribute to anything. Why post at all just to post garbage like this? The people posting in this thread are likely not the ones saying Kolb sucks, If anyone even did.

Anywho, Id think Vick, if either of the 2 would be available. It seems like Reid likes Kolb and hes his guy. ESPN insider had Lee Evans trade rumors on it today. Now that DeSean Jackson got hurt (dont know the severity of it but he was down for a while), what do you think of a trade involving Lee Evans and Vick? Maybe worth pondering....seems like both teams might improve with this.

Sarcastic or not, I think PTR makes an excellent point though. It is a bit early for us to want Kolb. We have seen him play only a small sample of games and it is this type of thinking that could get us a franchise QB or a Rob Johnson. If anything we should want Vick because he has proven that he can be on a winning team consistently. If Kolb plays the rest of the season well then we could consider him a safe bet.

Sarcastic or not, I think PTR makes an excellent point though. It is a bit early for us to want Kolb. We have seen him play only a small sample of games and it is this type of thinking that could get us a franchise QB or a Rob Johnson. If anything we should want Vick because he has proven that he can be on a winning team consistently. If Kolb plays the rest of the season well then we could consider him a safe bet.

Thank you Swift. My point is not to be sarcastic (maybe a little) but to point out how our opinions turn with every game. I could find posts declaring how we should have traded for Kolb after one game, then when Vick starts and wins it's all about how we should have traded for Vick. Now we are back on the Kolb bandwagon.

I understand that's what fans do but it also strikes me how no one has any memory for what is posted the week before. Find any player who had a good game...just one good game...and he's someone we need to trade for, draft, or sign as a free agent. That is how we wound up with Rob Johnson. He cost the Bills a 1st and a 4th after he played one great game.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

. It seems like Reid likes Kolb and hes his guy. ESPN insider had Lee Evans trade rumors on it today. Now that DeSean Jackson got hurt (dont know the severity of it but he was down for a while), what do you think of a trade involving Lee Evans and Vick? Maybe worth pondering....seems like both teams might improve with this.

Interesting point. During the SF/PHI baseball game, they mentioned that DJax's concussion was "severe" and that he was suffering from memory loss. Doesn't sound like a short term thing. That said, not sure how much they'd surrender for Evans, considering his salary, and the fact that they spent a 1st on Maclin just last year

He has started 5 games in the NFL and thrown for over 1500 yards and 9 tds vs 5 ints. Pretty impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/players/kevinkolb/profile?id=KOL105037

Rob Johnson started one game for the Jags when the Bills made the move to get him.

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost

1997 Jacksonville Jaguars 5 1 22 28 78.6 344 12.3 2 2 6 29 111.9 10 34 3.4 1

Obviously the trade didn't work out, when GB went for Favre it was based on what he did in a practice apparently. You never really know, I guess that is why I am not a scout. Although, looking at the Bills pro and college scouting over the years I honestly don't know how I could be any worse, which is sad.

So Kolb is back to franchise status again? I thought he was supposed to be a bum for getting replaced by Vick?

PTR

It's all about "what have you done for me lately" and Bills fans have short memories. Not too long ago, Kolb was being overly criticized for checking down too much and not airing the ball out. One announcer said, "aside from the running ability, the difference between Vick and Kolb, is that Vick looks down the field for the big play and then looks for the checkdown option. Kolb looks short first and is content to chip his way down the field, rather than seek the big play." Kolb still has too many question marks to give up what will essentially be a late 1st round pick. If he remains the starter this year, then Philly wouldn't deal him anyway..