Carolina, Cleveland And Buffalo

Carolina has a CHANCE at winning 6 of their games. Cleveland has a CHANCE of winning 3 and Buffalo has a CHANCE of winning 3. Bills vs Cleveland in December will probably be the loudest the stadium will be all season.....These QBs possibly staying in school is really going to be frustrating. I believe Mallett will definitely come out and if Luck stays in (and Buffalo doesn't have first pick), I doubt they pick a QB. I would still be fine with Mallett at the #1 pick.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Carolina has a CHANCE at winning 6 of their games. Cleveland has a CHANCE of winning 3 and Buffalo has a CHANCE of winning 3. Bills vs Cleveland in December will probably be the loudest the stadium will be all season.....These QBs possibly staying in school is really going to be frustrating. I believe Mallett will definitely come out and if Luck stays in (and Buffalo doesn't have first pick), I doubt they pick a QB. I would still be fine with Mallett at the #1 pick.

I see all three ( Luck , Locker , Mallet ) coming out this year. Why anyone would risk financial stability for the rest of their lives by staying in college another year is beyond me.

This draft will be the last one before the rookie cap goes into effect. Those players would be fools to stay in school and cost themselves millions of dollars...

Doesn't the CBA expire at the start of March just before the draft? I think the last draft was the final one without a rookie cap

Yes but the rookie salary cap goes into affect in 2012, atleast that is the plan now it could change.

They're not going to stay in school to avoid buffalo.

There are terrible teams every year. By definition the number one overall pick is going to a terrible, terrible team.

People want to get PAID

There are terrible teams every year. By definition the number one overall pick is going to a terrible, terrible team.

People want to get PAID

Exactly if that were the case Payton manning wouldn't be a Colt...

People want to get PAID

There is a difference betweeen terrible teams and terrible organizations however.

I laugh ever time I see someone insinuate that a college player would sabotage their career and lose millions of dollars just to avoid getting picked by Buffalo. Really, even playing devil's advocate I can't come up with a reason why a player would do that. That player would have to be literally mentally retarded to think its a good idea.

Who was it that said the reason for Locker having a bad couple games was because he was tanking it to avoid being selected #1 by Buffalo? Ya, great strategy, you won't be selected by Buffalo in the first round. You'll be selected by Buffalo in the second round instead, after losing millions of dollars.

And staying in college another year because it looks like Buffalo will be #1 this year... Yeah, you should wait until they put in a rookie pay scale. Oh and still risk getting selected by Buffalo.

Also keep in mind there's not just ONE good QB coming out.

This draft will be the last one before the rookie cap goes into effect. Those players would be fools to stay in school and cost themselves millions of dollars...

I certainly hope so but in the worst case scenario and only one top QB comes out, I have no problem secretly wanting the Browns to win that game while I am in the stands....

There is a difference betweeen terrible teams and terrible organizations however.

Glazer stating he'd understand women before he did the Bills front office is no doubt the tip of the iceberg. You've got to believe most agents know that Buffalo is not like going to STL or even DET. Both of those franchises, while inept, will be in their current city for the long haul. And both put up the cash to sign those #1 picks without much issue.

It will be fun to see Jim Overdorf have to negotiate a contract with a kid who'll be represented by an agent demanding 50M+. What's Buffalo going to do after a 0-2 win season? Have a long holdout with their highest pick in 25 years? That'll go over really well with an indifferent fan base. Scary thing is we can all see it happening, homers and realists alike.

I think the 2010 draft was most likely the last one without a rookie salary cap, which is why so many players came out after last season, many who any other year would have stayed in school one more year. A new rookie cap will most likely be part of a new CBA if one is done to save next year, which will most likely happen.

Edited by billsfreak