Are we really going to let Poz become a free agent?

Got_Wood

From Rumblings

Because of the way George Edwards is scheming Williams at nose tackle, Posluszny is still having to deal with guards getting to him at the second level, which is pretty much the opposite of what most expected would happen coming into the season. Poz is struggling to get off blocks and getting caught in the wash very frequently, and the run defense results have obviously been poor.

rumblings

Shhh... I wanted to see what he was going to come up with ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In reality, Kyle williams was in the probowl last year.

:thumbsup: That he was!!

He's a bust..

Injury plagued, and is always late on plays..

I say cut him lose and look for a proven linebacker in free agency

Really your either kidding or a troll

Shhh... I wanted to see what he was going to come up with ;)

Sorry Man

If there's anybody on this team I think we need to lock up and keep around, it's this guy. I'd take away Kelsay's contract and give it to him in a second. The bottom line is, we don't need another hole to fill in the offseason. Poz and Davis are the only starter-worthy linebackers we have on the team. I hope they're working on something right now.

Have you been watching any games? Poz makes all of his tackles down field and gets thrown around by everybody.

He is a back up at best. Holes to fill.....the entire defense is one big hole.

I'm not Poz fanboy, but I do think he is one of the few players on the team that would actually play for other quality NFL teams. He certainly isn't Ray Lewis or anything, but he isn't the problem either.

If we are going to commit to the 3-4 defense, we are going to need two competent ILBs. They do not grow on trees - even if we manage to draft a stud, we're going to have another one who will see the field on most downs.

If Paul wants to continue his career in Buffalo (why would he, really?) and is willing to sign a contract commensurate with his ability, I think we'd be foolish not to try to retain him.

Again, ask yourself how many Buffalo Bills would actually play for other solid NFL franchises. Poz would.

You don't need to be a superstar or a Pro Bowler to be on our roster. You do need to be an NFL-caliber player, which I believe he is.

Watching Poz makes me yearn for the days when we had Fletcher and Spikes. If he doesn't resign for a very favorable deal for the Bills then good riddance. Overhyped and overrated. I think so many fell in love with Poz because hes a polish white dude playing MLB , bottom line.

Also had Pat Williams and Sam Adams at the DL and greg williams as the HC/DC.... bottom line you don't know what your talking about

Ask yourself whether, if allowed to enter free agency, Poz would receive numerous contract offers from respected NFL franchises.

Do you really think that he won't get a ton of offers?

We have players that START on this team that, if cut, would never see an NFL field again. If you have a guy that would start for the majority of teams in the NFL, and you are perhaps the literal worst team in the NFL, you should probably not get rid of him. Just saying.

Ask yourself whether, if allowed to enter free agency, Poz would receive numerous contract offers from respected NFL franchises.

Do you really think that he won't get a ton of offers?

We have players that START on this team that, if cut, would never see an NFL field again. If you have a guy that would start for the majority of teams in the NFL, and you are perhaps the literal worst team in the NFL, you should probably not get rid of him. Just saying.

Yeah, I think people get caught up in all the negativity and start to think everyone is a bad player. That's not the case. We don't want to fill 3 linebacker positions in the offseason. We've got a guy that has talent and can fill a need for us for at least the next few years. It would be a big mistake to let him hit the open market.

Agreed....put him behind a defensive line like Baltimore, Minnesota, or Chicago and he's a pro-bowler.

Exactly, a LB can't be a great one with out a decent line in front of him. Look what having Ted Washinton in front of Sam Cowart did-put him in the Pro Bowl. He left here and disappeared. Ted went to Chicago and Urlacher went to the Pro Bowl, New England and Ted Brusci went from being a nobody to Pro Bowler. Behind this line, Dick Butkus would get booed during a game.

Have you been watching any games? Poz makes all of his tackles down field and gets thrown around by everybody.

He is a back up at best. Holes to fill.....the entire defense is one big hole.

Watching this team, there is nobody on the defense, or offense for that matter that you can't say that about. It is a team game, put some quality around Poz and he might be a Pro Bowler, you will never know around here.

Poz could be had for a reasonable amount. I don't see a linebacker coming out of the 32nd best defense against the run who has a history of injuries being all that marketable. I think if he can stay healthy he is a viable linebacker and we should be able to sign him. Sooner or letter we have to stop bleeding out our serviceable players and start rebuilding. Keeping our better players is an essential part of any rebuilding effort.

Explain how this could even remotely be a possibility. I'll be waiting...

Poz takes bad angles, over-persues, and rarely makes a tackle near the line of scrimmage. You seriously blame Kyle Williams for that?? I'm not saying Williams is a pro bowl nose tackle, but Poz really is not as good as people seem desperate to want to make him out to be. If you or anyone else out here want to think Poz would be so much better on "a team with better d-lineman", then it is just as true that Williams, Stroud and Edwards would be better on a team with better linebackers!! You can go ahead and try to prove me wrong, but you cannot remotely do it! The fact remains that the entire starting front 7 of the Bills combine to form the worst in the NFL, and Poz sucks as much as any of the other 6!

Also had Pat Williams and Sam Adams at the DL and greg williams as the HC/DC.... bottom line you don't know what your talking about

Adams, Williams Spikes and Fletcher were very good, but the best those guys helped lead the Bills to was a 9-7-0 record after Williams was fired, under Mike Mularkey, in 2004. Bottom line, the Bills have been lousy overall since the Music City Miraculous Forward Pass after the '99 season, and it hasn't mattered who was playing anywhere since then.

Nix will continue to purge this roster, and I believe, the labor problems leading into the 2011 season not-withstanding of course, he will be much more active this coming March in free agency and I also think he will have an excellent draft the next month. I'm convinced Nix decided to see who can and who can't play this season from the players already here, and he's seeing that just about nobody on defense can play.

Poz takes bad angles, over-persues, and rarely makes a tackle near the line of scrimmage. You seriously blame Kyle Williams for that?? I'm not saying Williams is a pro bowl nose tackle, but Poz really is not as good as people seem desperate to want to make him out to be. If you or anyone else out here want to think Poz would be so much better on "a team with better d-lineman", then it is just as true that Williams, Stroud and Edwards would be better on a team with better linebackers!! You can go ahead and try to prove me wrong, but you cannot remotely do it! The fact remains that the entire starting front 7 of the Bills combine to form the worst in the NFL, and Poz sucks as much as any of the other 6!

Adams, Williams Spikes and Fletcher were very good, but the best those guys helped lead the Bills to was a 9-7-0 record after Williams was fired, under Mike Mularkey, in 2004. Bottom line, the Bills have been lousy overall since the Music City Miraculous Forward Pass after the '99 season, and it hasn't mattered who was playing anywhere since then.

Nix will continue to purge this roster, and I believe, the labor problems leading into the 2011 season not-withstanding of course, he will be much more active this coming March in free agency and I also think he will have an excellent draft the next month. I'm convinced Nix decided to see who can and who can't play this season from the players already here, and he's seeing that just about nobody on defense can play.

Nix could have determined last year that most of the roster sucked if he had bothered to watch the team play last year, instead of lounging around his house in Tennessee in semi-retirement

maybe he should have kept Scott and Incognito to see what they could do in 2010 instead of letting go for nothing

both would be massive upgrades to what we have on the OL now - and both would have cost less than Cornell Green

Edited by spartacus

Maybe you guys can help me here, but wasn't Poz an outside linebacker at Penn State?

If so, he was a stud in college, and if that were his more natural position and given our woes at OLB (sorry, Kelsay and Maybin just don't cut it) why don't we put him back?