Darwin Award canidate

Just Jack

I wonder if that person in the elevator was toying with him? They went in and stood around for a bunch of seconds and the door stayed open... Then they decide to push the button to close the door and then right around the corner comes dimbuss in the HoverRound... Maybe she didn't want his company in the elevator... :lol:

Now this coming from my experience as a lock operator... We let boats down river by dropping the elevation in the lock chamber... The only way the water can be lowered to the lower pool elevation is by cracking the lower lock (sector) gates a few feet (we don't have emptying valves). By doing that, the million or so gallons of water is gently diverted downstream... Lowering the boats that are in the lock chamber down. Once the water level on both sides of the gates equal out... The gates are opened and the boats can leave... And then new boats wanting to go up river can enter. Well one time while cracking the lower gates open and letting the water rush out... In its usual 3-4 foot waterfall, waiting fo the water equalized... All of a sudden I hear this banging: "Bam, Bam... BAM!" I walk out and there was a boat trying to go upstream into the lock chamber over the waterfall rushing out between the two gates that were cracked open a couple of feet... The vessel kept smacking into each of the 20 ton gates. I did everything in my power to stop laughing and saying: "Come on! You can make it! Keep trying, how do you think those other guys made it in." Anyway, what a bunch of dumbasses! :blink:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Meanwhile, the shopping centre has promised to strengthen its lift doors to prevent another such accident.

And why does the mall management have to put extra money into the doors? They failed cause some d-bag in a 300 lb scooter rammed the doors. Sorry, in order to "prevent another such accident", mall management just has to send a link to the video. That should be enough to prevent another such accident. I hate those scooters by the way.