So, homers...

I read a lot of talk about how Rex Ryan and the Jets were over-rated in the offseason. And yet, here they are, 4-1 and on top of the division. Also, they're probably playing some of the best defense in the NFL and yes, Mark Sanchez is looking as good as if not better than last year. So, how is it again that they're over-rated? It's just the Bills' luck that now there are THREE teams that have made radical improvement that need to be passed. Get used to the basement, folks. We'll be here for another ten years, methinks.

It's still a young season. They were rated widely as the Super bowl favorite so that makes anything other than a Superbowl champ season unfulfilling

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a lot of talk about how Rex Ryan and the Jets were over-rated in the offseason. And yet, here they are, 4-1 and on top of the division. Also, they're probably playing some of the best defense in the NFL and yes, Mark Sanchez is looking as good as if not better than last year. So, how is it again that they're over-rated? It's just the Bills' luck that now there are THREE teams that have made radical improvement that need to be passed. Get used to the basement, folks. We'll be here for another ten years, methinks.

Absolutely hilarious. And they couldn't wait to call the Jets overrated because they lost to BALTIMORE.....ON THE ROAD. LMAO. I was arguing with the season ticket holders around me that the Jets weren't overrated. But of course, I lost that argument then. Ummmm, yeah, they are overrated alright. :rolleyes:

Scary part is that they are getting better. That offense is adding guys and their line (Imagine that, remember when they had the draft that we should have had) is dominating at times? The Jets are good team. Have a very good head coach. A very good defense. And a good offense in the making. That doesn't change because they lost their first game AT BALTIMORE. 90% of teams lose at Baltimore.

People are so jealous of other teams it's laughable. I wish being a bookie was a legal profession, because I would love to steal some of our posters money. Of course though, you can tell by how some of them spout off, that they've never laid a wager in their lives, because some of the stuff people say is pure stupidity. The Jets assessment is one of them.

I can understand hating teams when we're decent or even good. But really, what's the point in hating teams so bad now? I actually hope every team in our division is as good as they can be right now, so that maybe our ownership will get their schitt together from getting ridiculed so much. At some point, someone in the Bills organization will have some fuggin pride enough to want to shut up everyone and turn this thing around. Or at least, I would hope someone is competitive enough to think that way.

Edited by Lv-Bills

And Minnesota isn't playing that well right now. Favre is probably hurting that team more than he's helping.

I thought about that last night. Favre was all over the place on a lot of throws.

One play, Moss had to blatently pull the DB down with him to avoid the INT - Moss had no chance at all on the ball.

If it had been Fitz, we'd have been yelling for his head, he can't hit the broadside of a barn and never mind the good throws (which there were for Favre).

But it was Favre. So it's all right, right?

I was amazed at how close that game was. The announcers were carrying on like it was a Jets blowout when there were hardly any points on the board. 5 field goals? UNstoppable!

It's still a young season. They were rated widely as the Super bowl favorite so that makes anything other than a Superbowl champ season unfulfilling

Super Bowl favorite? How many people said that? Super Bowl contender? That I can buy. And they are. Even if they lose their first game in the playoffs, they seem like a contender to me right now. Who looks better? I would say they can hold their own with Pittsburgh, Baltimore (which they did), or Indy. NE? Yeah. So, I would say, right now, they are a contender.

and your point is?

i guess your point is if your a bills fan your a homer and guys like you who ever your a fan of know it all because your a realist or something.

or is it you puffing out your chest telling us all how great you are because you predicted that the jets would be good.

it didnt take a rocket scientist to know that the bils would not be very good this year with all the changes if that makes me a homer great but it does not make you any smarter when it comes to football in my book.

either way who gives a sh-t,personally thats how i feel about your post.

just my 2 cents.

Love the bitterness! Love it!

I call some of you "homers" because you're blind to the sad reality: the rest of our division is advancing, we're retreating.

Not a fan of the Jets, but I *do* find it laughable that many here were saying Sanchez sucks, Ryan sucks, etc... especially given that our coach/QB combo is Gailey/Fitz.

Jeez, JSP, I didn't realize the Bills had "slipped", or that were were losing ground on the rest of our division. We've been so strong the last 10 years that I find it hard to believe.

You deserve an award for enlightening this board with your wisdom, knowledge and foresight.