Positives From Today's Mess

Lucien K

Positives? This is another myth from the undying "faithful". Look, Bills fans.....there are no positives to losing at home, going 0-5, and being worse than anyone ever thought, even if you buy into the whole "rebuilding = losses" mantra.

Freddie Jackson is the team's best offensive player. I expect him to have a good game.....and some TD's.

Steve Johnson???? Celebrating as if he were a Pro Bowler on a winning team with an insurmountable lead when in fact all point to the extreme opposite? You call this a positive?

Keep telling yourself that. I gotta give you credit....you have precisely what it takes to be a Bills fan in this decade.

Positives? This is another myth from the undying "faithful". Look, Bills fans.....there are no positives to losing at home, going 0-5, and being worse than anyone ever thought, even if you buy into the whole "rebuilding = losses" mantra.

Freddie Jackson is the team's best offensive player. I expect him to have a good game.....and some TD's.

Steve Johnson???? Celebrating as if he were a Pro Bowler on a winning team with an insurmountable lead when in fact all point to the extreme opposite? You call this a positive?

Keep telling yourself that. I gotta give you credit....you have precisely what it takes to be a Bills fan in this decade.

So you can't draw positives from a loss? Get real, not everything is ****.

I think it is positive that they lost. Sorry but it's true

That is DUMB!!! Yeah, we should be so lucky that the Bills lost. Let's hope for that #1 draft pick, then hope he signs, then hope he pans out and isn't like a Ryan Leaf or Leinhart. Dumb to hope your team loses or think that it's a positive thing.

It was nice to see both Troup and Carrington on the field and involved in some tackles. I also like that Steve Johnson is getting a chance to develop and some statistics. That's about all I can say.

Fitz had one of his best games, even though he missed on a couple short passes that would be in a film about 2010 worst quarterback tosses. I thought Kyle Williams played very well, as usual. He's not a superstar, but he gives it his all and makes some nice plays.

That is DUMB!!! Yeah, we should be so lucky that the Bills lost. Let's hope for that #1 draft pick, then hope he signs, then hope he pans out and isn't like a Ryan Leaf or Leinhart. Dumb to hope your team loses or think that it's a positive thing.

Either the current Bills' front office can or can't evaluate talent properly.

If it can, we should hope for as many losses as possible in order to feed them high draft picks. The last two times Bill Polian had the first overall pick, he came away with Bruce Smith and Peyton Manning. A good talent evaluator + an early pick = a great chance of a good player.

If the Bills' front office can't evaluate talent, we should hope for as many losses as possible so that they get fired and replaced with someone competent that much sooner.

The Bills don't have the talent to compete with the best teams in the league. In no way, shape, or form does getting meaningless wins against lower-tier teams help them acquire that needed player talent. On the contrary: you build through the draft; and early draft picks are more valuable than picks later in the first round.

So you can't draw positives from a loss? Get real, not everything is ****.

No, I can't and I won't. Go ask Chan Gaily off the record if he has positives from this one. What positives did yoiu draw from it? And when you weigh those positives, do so against the negatives. Basic math should pretty much take over.....but then again that Kool-Aid does go down good after another loss......nice tall glass.....bottoms up!

Positives?

You can sure tell when Troup was out there. The Jags must have averaged 10 yards per carry instead of the normal 5.

Carrington? Was there a Carrington sighting?

Steve Johnson - not impressed. Still slow. Still cuts off his pattern too soon. Still had drops at key times. He had a killer penalty in the red zone. Ok -- he dd make a very nice TD catch but really, this guy is maybe a number 4 wideout on a decent team.

I saw two positives:

1 - Fred Jackson

2 - We are at a bye week.

Steve Johnson has 4 TD catches this year. Carrington almost had a sack. Troup made some good tackles the more he played. They're rooks and they're young. Play them and they will improve. That is what the rest of this year has to be about.

No, I can't and I won't. Go ask Chan Gaily off the record if he has positives from this one. What positives did yoiu draw from it? And when you weigh those positives, do so against the negatives. Basic math should pretty much take over.....but then again that Kool-Aid does go down good after another loss......nice tall glass.....bottoms up!

Positives?

How about Troup, a 2nd rookie taking on double teams early in his carreer. He started the game one on one, he ended being blocked by two jaguars. That means the kid can play. He is sill a rookie and he will look green at times. I like his potential.

Parrish and Steve Johnson, everyone cried about TO and Josh leaving, they are showing that they can be productive and that with Easley coming back you don't have to draft a WR next year.

The offense is having a pulse, it's not perfect and it has to stop shooting itself in the foot. Scoring 26 at home should be enough to win.

Positives?

How about Troup, a 2nd rookie taking on double teams early in his carreer. He started the game one on one, he ended being blocked by two jaguars. That means the kid can play. He is sill a rookie and he will look green at times. I like his potential.

Parrish and Steve Johnson, everyone cried about TO and Josh leaving, they are showing that they can be productive and that with Easley coming back you don't have to draft a WR next year.

The offense is having a pulse, it's not perfect and it has to stop shooting itself in the foot. Scoring 26 at home should be enough to win.

Agreed here, WR, and RB look like the most sound units on the team. Easley should contribute next year too.

Fitz had one of his best games, even though he missed on a couple short passes that would be in a film about 2010 worst quarterback tosses. I thought Kyle Williams played very well, as usual. He's not a superstar, but he gives it his all and makes some nice plays.

Can't believe I forgot to mention how well Fred Jackson was running today.

A negative observation: I may be wrong, but it seems like the coaching staff has so little confidence in the Bills' defense, that they call offensive plays accordingly. When lightning struck early in the game and the Bills had a ten point lead, they were calling the type of running plays that had the Jacksonville D on its heels. But when the opponent made a few plays, the Bills changed their play calling for the rest of the game. Less power running by Fred allowed Jacksonville to keep the momentum. Our boys went into their usual swoon.

Yeah, you have fun with this season any way you like. It's a fact these idiots have no idea how to draft AND this team needs a star QB. You think those odds are increased with a top 3 pick? I do........

Either the current Bills' front office can or can't evaluate talent properly.

If it can, we should hope for as many losses as possible in order to feed them high draft picks. The last two times Bill Polian had the first overall pick, he came away with Bruce Smith and Peyton Manning. A good talent evaluator + an early pick = a great chance of a good player.

If the Bills' front office can't evaluate talent, we should hope for as many losses as possible so that they get fired and replaced with someone competent that much sooner.

The Bills don't have the talent to compete with the best teams in the league. In no way, shape, or form does getting meaningless wins against lower-tier teams help them acquire that needed player talent. On the contrary: you build through the draft; and early draft picks are more valuable than picks later in the first round.

Sorry, I am not nor will I ever hope for a lot of losses. That is pathetic. If anything is true, it is that the front offices before this one didn't know what they were doing. Last years draft was a solid one. If you want to keep hoping that the Bills keep losing maybe you should be a "fan" of another team.

On D I thought Davis and Poz played well. Kelsay and Torbor are usless so we are only playing with 2 LBs at this point. Witner hit hard though too late a lot of times. Troup and Williams at least look like they play hard and try hard. Like the 2 of them together. Def ends are poor. DBs are solid. Our OL T's are worset in league. TE position is a waste as well.