Witner Haters

Lynch was the 1st rounder, Jackson was the MVP from last year (remember the whole 2,000 total yards thing?). And it's debatable if Spiller will ever be an every down back. I don't think that Gailey intends Spiller to be an every-down back.

And I would argue that spending a top 10 pick on a 3rd down back is as questionable as spending a top ten pick on a safety with no game-changing ability. Reed and Polamalu have that ability, Whitner doesn't.

And Nix did not draft Maybin, Williams or Flowers, but his draft stategy of ignoring obvious needs with his high-round picks seems to fall in line with the whole Donahoe, Levy/Jauron strategy of drafting.

As for the bad experience at games, how about winning? That would improve the overall experience at the Ralph.

Wasting a first round pick on Lynch was a horrible move and I was as disgusted with it as I was with the Parrish pick. Every down backs are few and far between these days. Jackson, the MVP of a horrible team....who cares...just like schobel, he isn't good enough.

As far as how Nix approaches things, 1-2 decisions makes a line, not a pattern. You don't make up for a decade of bad drafts in one year.

Everyone was so excited about the new offensive and defensive schemes in the offseason. Well Bills fans- you wanted to kick Jauron to the curb. Well, you got what you wanted. So deal with it, suck it up and stop acting like a bunch of overgrown babies while we rebuild

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasting a first round pick on Lynch was a horrible move and I was as disgusted with it as I was with the Parrish pick. Every down backs are few and far between these days. Jackson, the MVP of a horrible team....who cares...just like schobel, he isn't good enough.

As far as how Nix approaches things, 1-2 decisions makes a line, not a pattern. You don't make up for a decade of bad drafts in one year.

Everyone was so excited about the new offensive and defensive schemes in the offseason. Well Bills fans- you wanted to kick Jauron to the curb. Well, you got what you wanted. So deal with it, suck it up and stop acting like a bunch of overgrown babies while we rebuild

Can't say I agree with your assessment. As bad as the Bills offenses have been over the last few years, both Lynch and Jackson were 1,000 yard backs. Jackson is the more versitle back, but Lynch could be effective when used properly.

Gailey's offense isn't awful. It hasn't looked all that bad when it's being run by a QB with half a clue.

The problem isn't the offense, it's the defense, and specifically it's the DTs and the LBs.

No doubt Nix can't make up for 10 years of bad drafting, which Whitner represents and is the reason he's "hated." The problem is that Nix can't start fixing these problems if he's blowing his drafts in the same way that the other lousy GMs did.

If you had the hindsight of these first 5 games last April, would you pick a 3rd down back with the 9th pick? Or would you pick a LB to take Kelsay's place?

Sure hind-sight is 20/20, but after watching a SS play LB for the Bills in a 4-3 last season on the 30th ranked run defense, I find it hard to believe that Nix didn't recognize this as an immediate area of improvement.

I'll be a Bills fan long after Nix, Wilson, and Gailey are gone. I'm a fan for life, but believe me, the Bills haven't 'given me what I wanted' for the last ten years.

I agree with you bigtime on this. But that is done. Whitner on a good team D like the Steelers or someboby with a pass rush would shine,no doubt about it. But all he does here is make tackles that our LBs can`t. He would have more picks and bone crunching hits in the secondary.Our front six out of seven suck.

He has definitely lit it up this year with bone crushing hits. Name some other defenders on the Bills that have really smacked down an opponent this year? I remember Lil Donte making some awesome bone crashing tackles that even got a replay on the bias broadcasts. Also, Donte had 11 total tackles today, 10 solo. Nice stat, but way too many opportunities which reflects the sorry state of our front 7.

GO BILLS!

I thought Poz had a good game, and I think it's because of Davis. So I disagree with the OP's assessment of the play of our LB's today.

The Bills defense gave up over 200 yards rushing today. It's hard to give out game balls to the LBs considering that performance.

The Bills defense gave up over 200 yards rushing today. It's hard to give out game balls to the LBs considering that performance.

He would be better with better players up front, but I don't think he is good enough

He would be better with better players up front, but I don't think he is good enough

I get that, but I'm kind of getting tired of the excuse that these highly-regarded players are unable to rise above the level of their teammates.

Elite players are supposed to make their teammates better. It might not show up right away in the win column, but you would expect that some of these highly drafted players should be able to make big plays now and then that make us believe in the rebuilding effort.

I get that, but I'm kind of getting tired of the excuse that these highly-regarded players are unable to rise above the level of their teammates.

Elite players are supposed to make their teammates better. It might not show up right away in the win column, but you would expect that some of these highly drafted players should be able to make big plays now and then that make us believe in the rebuilding effort.

The only player who even might be elite is Spiller.

I don't EVER want to coach again, but I don't even think I would yell at anyone on this team if I did. It would be a waste of time and energy- you only dedicate that much energy to players who can do something.

The amount of **** that Whitner gets should be immediately moved to Paul Pozoutofposition.

The guy gets beaten like mercilessly every weekend and yet he sells shirts like he's the only player on the team. Can someone please explain to me why this guy is treated like a white Patrick Willis yet he never seems to make a play that isn't 6 yards downfield.

Cause his D-line sucks and the rest of the LB's.

The only player who even might be elite is Spiller.

I don't EVER want to coach again, but I don't even think I would yell at anyone on this team if I did. It would be a waste of time and energy- you only dedicate that much energy to players who can do something.

Yeah, I think that's the problem that fans have with Whitner. There were elite players available when the Bills drafted him. It was a reach to take him in the top ten. In the end, it's not his fault that he was drafted where he was, but he represents a huge missed opportunity.

The same thing goes with Maybin. He might turn out to be a worthwhile project, but the Bills chose a project over guys like Oher or Okapo. Not his fault, but he represents more ineptness from the Bills front office.

Spiller has a lot of promise. He could turn out to be the next Chris Johnson, or he could be the next Felix Jones. That's the risk; if he's the next Chris Johnson, he's well worth the pick. If he turns out to be the next Felix Jones, he becomes the next Whitner or Maybin, representing another missed opportunity to draft talent that could do more to help the Bills rebuild.

Funny how the golden boy, jairus Byrd, has looked terrible this season, but everyone seems to blame every completion on Whitner. Whitner was at fault for a few catches today. He got burned on 4 or 5 plays to the TE, but he was wearing jersey #37 on a few of those plays and #31 on the others.

Finally someone said what must be said. He's looked really, really bad. Maybe they should go with Whitner/Wilson instead of Byrd/Whitner at least on first and second downs to stem the tide of 200+ yards rushing every game, if maybe just for the time being. Having gaping holes at LB doesn't help of course...

This is the only guy on the team that really hits somebody. 25 yrs old and has alot of life left in him. Our Linebackers are the worst in the NFL. Don`t shed blocks and don`t lay down the smack.Whitner with any pass rush would be a star.He will definately lay you out. Poz ,Davis and the other rejects at LB SUX. Yeah keep pickin on Whitner. Kelsay and Stroud are slow and weak by NFL standards.

I will give you that whitner would start on about 10 NFL teams out there, but to hail him as somehting beyond average is fool hardy. When you couple this mediocrity with where he was selected to come in to the league, he is a let down. As to our LB corp, simply the worth in the NFL. I know Poz sells a lot of jerseys, but he simply is not good. He is steady, but not close to a play maker or leader in the least bit. Funny, I watched the 49'ers game yesterday - I would trade Poz and a 4th for TKO in a heartbeat...

If you were at the game Whitner had a good game. He is a good player but if you watch the games he is 20 yards downfield doing his assignment and then if forced many times to shed a couple blockers and make a tackle 20 yards downfield. He made a couple of very good tackles yesterday.

We expect a lot from an 8th overall pick but put Troy P and Ed Reed on this defense and you are saying the same thing in terms of where are they why aren't they making plays. When your front seven is horrible the defensive backfield will suffer a lot.