Bills will no longer be laughed at.

djsabres

I am 100% certain that Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is priming this team for a sale and eventual move to another city.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

There will never be a Vince Lobmardi in WNY.

Ralph Wilson knows that in the current economy even a so-so team would fetch a hefty amount of money to sell but a 0-16 team could be sold easily - cheap. Even if the Bills are sold cheaply RW still makes a lot of money.

Oh, well. We still have the Orangemen football here in Syracuse.

Ralph Wilson knows that in the current economy even a so-so team would fetch a hefty amount of money to sell but a 0-16 team could be sold easily - cheap. Even if the Bills are sold cheaply RW still makes a lot of money.

So you're saying Ralph is purposely trying to sell the team on the cheap.

Come on.

I am 100% certain that Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is priming this team for a sale and eventual move to another city.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

Vince Lobmardi?

Well, at least we still have LobMardi Gras... :wallbash:

That doesn't even make any sense. Have them suck so he can sell them cheap? Why would he do that? I don't think the Bill's will be leaving NY anytime soon. Even when he passes away. The new owner can see for themselves what a great fan base they have in western NY,why would they want to lose that. Coupled with this crappy economy, what state has the $$ to give the new owner a sweet heart deal?

Edited by westside

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

Thats dumber than hell. Wilson wants the most money he can get.

Thats dumber than hell. Wilson wants the most money he can get.

The Bills have a GM/coaching staff that as far as I'm concerned are temps, more so than any other NFL team. I'm sure I'm not the only poster who sees them this way.

The new owner, when the team is relocated, will staff it with his/her GM/Coaches.

And those future draft picks will come in handy when this team is being rebuilt under a new owner in a new city.

There's NO ONE in WNY or even southern Canada who will buy the Bills AND keep them in Buffalo.

I really would like to know what RW has planned for the money when he sells the team. I mean he can't use it unless he lines his casket with it. There must be something already set in place for when he passes as to where the money goes other than to his daughter is going to receive. It makes no sense for him to be sitting on this team and watch it implode before his eyes. The longer that old fart is around, the more I wish he wasn't. But when it does happen, the Bills aren't going anywhere.

There's NO ONE in WNY or even southern Canada who will buy the Bills AND keep them in Buffalo.

So Jim Kelly is blowing smoke up everyones arse by going on radio shows and making it known that he has a team in place to buy the team?

The Bills have a GM/coaching staff that as far as I'm concerned are temps, more so than any other NFL team. I'm sure I'm not the only poster who sees them this way.

The new owner, when the team is relocated, will staff it with his/her GM/Coaches.

And those future draft picks will come in handy when this team is being rebuilt under a new owner in a new city.

Agreed. The Bills as a winning team in WNY are over.

RW IS purposely fielding a crappy tram and has been for years. He wants none of the blame when they leave, whether he is dead or alive to witness the fallout. The team is being positioned for a sale and not to become a winner. Also, cheap is a relative term. The team used to be worth over $900 million. Now they are worth over $800 million. Do you really think RWs family is worried about making $100 million less profit on a $50k investment?

Of course the team is history in BUF. I've been saying it for three years now. If they do win a game this year it will be a fluke and not some organizational genius that somehow shone through. For the first time in my life, I bet against BUF today and won. I could never bring myself to do that before. However, this team is the train-wreck of the NFL. If they are ever in a less-than-double-digit spread, bet against them every time. You will make money.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

Syracuse Orange have so much better coaching staff and offensive and defensive schemes than us it is unbelievable.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

I'm trying to sell my house... Shall I break all the windows and punch holes through the roof??? You statement may be the most idiotic thing ever posted on this board.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

You do not know what your talking about. The Bills will not be sold cheaply. Here is why:

1 - The teams record will have NOTHING to do with with its sale price. Why would he even consider selling it cheap. Los Angeles and Toronto are both sitting there without an NFL team?

2 - The economy will have nothing to do with its sale price. Who ever buys the team will have more money than you can ever imagine. NFL Owners must approve any sale of an NFL team and they will make sure that the new ownership is loaded, is low risk, and will put a team in a market that will expand EVERYONE'S share.

Edited by Bob in STL

I'm trying to sell my house... Shall I break all the windows and punch holes through the roof??? You statement may be the most idiotic thing ever posted on this board.

Not the correct analogy.

The windows and roof of the Buffalo Bills are ALREADY broken. And RW is not going to fix them.

They will be fixed when a new owner has them.

And I DO NOT see anyone buying the Bills and wanting to keep them in Buffalo.

You do not know what your talking about. The Bills will not be sold cheaply. Here is why:

1 - The teams record will have NOTHING to do with with its sale price. Why would he even consider selling it cheap. Los Angeles and Toronto are both sitting there without an NFL team?

2 - The economy will have nothing to do with its sale price. Who ever buys the team will have more money than you can ever imagine. NFL Owners must approve any sale of an NFL team and they will make sure that the new ownership is loaded, is low risk, and will put a team in a market that will expand EVERYONE'S share.

When I took driver education in high school they taught us one rule:

Expect The Unexpected

It's not so much that the Bills are winless in 2010. It's that I see absolutely NO HOPE on the horizon with RW as the team owner and, worse, no successor with the money to buy the team and keep them in WNY.

I don't subscribe to all of these Wilson-holding-the-team-back conspiracy theories.

They just don't hold water.

From a pure business sense, selling an inferior product decreases its value. When you are trying to sell something, you're trying to get as much value as you can for the product. Self-sabotaging your product because you want to sell it makes no sense.

What would make sense is if Wilson suddenly started pulling Snyder-esque spending on free agents to stack the roster to appear like a star-studded cast.

No.

What makes more sense to me, is that Buffalo is a small market team, competing against big market cities like Dallas, Washington, and NY. Population has been leaving WNY in droves for decades. Industry is gone. Jobs are gone. No relief in sight. Toronto, as 1 of the top 5 largest cities in North America offers promise. But the current product is not enducing love that far north of the border right now, either. They may support the Maple Leafs, but Canadiens are not that stupid after all to follow a team like the current Bills.

There have long been rumors of infighting between Polian and treasurer Littman and money man Overdorf. They were going to Super Bowls, so thankfully Polian had Wilson's ear.

Now that Polian is gone, I think Wilson defaulted his trust to Littman and Overdorf. They no doubt have heavily influenced Wilson into building on the cheap. I mean, 10 years of Modrak and we have nothing to show for it. This guy was supposedly responsible for building Philly back in the day. Now he gets here, and he can't produce one proven player in 10 years? He can't build anything resembling a team or core of players?

I think Modrak should have long since been relieved of his duties.

But I also believe that Littman and Overdorf are getting to Wilson and convincing him that due to regional economics, we need to be doing it cheaply.

IMO, if Littman and Overdorf don't see a team being sustainable in WNY, then I don't know why they just don't resign and go work somewhere else. Let somebody else take over. What good does imposing self-limiting beliefs have on an NFL franchise?

Littman and Overdorf doing it on the cheap has produced a team that is just that- a second tier team of nobodies.

IMO, if Littman and Overdorf don't see a team being sustainable in WNY, then I don't know why they just don't resign and go work somewhere else. Let somebody else take over. What good does imposing self-limiting beliefs have on an NFL franchise?

Littman and Overdorf doing it on the cheap has produced a team that is just that- a second tier team of nobodies.

Please explain what happened to Littman and Overdorf's influence on the Kelsay extension? It doesn't seem like they got him on the cheap.