Going 0-16 is the Best Case Scenario

ohiotim

it doesn't, of course. somehow, certain fans think that if we lose enough, the bills front office will suddenly learn how to evaluate talent. i find this inexplicable, but somehow the idea persists.

That's what I always wonder about myself. If your front office can't identify talent the only thing picking #1 vs. #9 gets you is a bigger contract. Plus you had 5-7 crappier Sundays the previous season.

I hear you. But I'd rather see progress from our current roster and maybe actually win a coupla games, making next year something other than a team coming off an 0-16 season.

Of course. The Bills will get a perfectly good, very early pick in 2011. Going 0-11 isn't positive in any way, IMO.

I'm learning all the time - tonite, from one of our newer posters, I learned that 'going 0-16 is the best case scenario'. Heretofore, I would have thought that going 19 and 0 is the best case scenario.

Guess that's why I keep coming back to this board!

Edited by The Senator

it doesn't, of course. somehow, certain fans think that if we lose enough, the bills front office will suddenly learn how to evaluate talent. i find this inexplicable, but somehow the idea persists.

I don't want the Bills to lose enough for the front office to suddenly "get it," I want to lose enough for the front office to be obliterated.

What happened in 2008 when the Lions when 0-16? They fired the entire coaching staff, they installed a new GM who has almost completely turned over the roster (only 16 of 53 players remain in 2010), found a young, talented franchise QB and have restored something resembling enthusiasm for a traditionally putrid franchise.

Like I said, you wanna keep rolling on mediocrity, be my guest. I'm interested in returning to the years of winning championships, not hoping for .500.

Edited by ohiotim

I don't want the Bills to lose enough for the front office to suddenly "get it," I want to lose enough for the front office to be obliterated.

What happened in 2008 when the Lions when 0-16? They fired the entire coaching staff, they installed a new GM who has almost completely turned over the roster (only 16 of 53 players remain in 2010), found a young, talented franchise QB and have restored something resembling enthusiasm for a traditionally putrid franchise.

Like I said, you wanna keep rolling on mediocrity, be my guest. I'm interested in returning to the years of winning championships, not hoping for .500.

The same guy responsible for putting Donahoe, Levy, Brandon, and now Nix in charge of the team will be selecting the next front office too, you know.

And look how well that worked - Lions were 2-14 in 2009, and sit tied with the Bills at 0-4 in 2010. You're just one brilliant dude. What's your next idea to flip the Bills fortunes - new logo and uniforms, like the Lions?

Thanks for playing - run along now.

Edited by The Senator

And look how well that worked - Lions were 2-14 in 2009, and sit tied with the Bills at 0-4 in 2010. You're just one brilliant dude. What's your next idea to flip the Bills fortunes - new logo and uniforms, like the Lions?

Thanks for playing - run along now.

And which team is (literally) a laughing stock?

The Lions are bad because they've had injuries to their starting QB and RB. The lost to the Bears b/c of a questionable call at the end of the game, they lost to the Eagles by 3 and the Pack by 2 on the road. It's called being competitive.

The Bills are bad and have cut/traded their starting QB and RB. They've been dismantled in two of their four games and have an embarrassingly bad offense that ranks 2nd in the league. And they gave a slow, undersized defensive end ANOTHER contract extension because he's good in the locker room.

One franchise moving forward, the other spinning it's wheels.

People such as yourself are enablers - you allow garbage by accepting garbage.

Ralph dont care about wins. Bottom line tv pays for the roster plus an extra 10 million.Ralph wants the count of tix sales and hotdog sales.he hopes everyone drives them self to the game because when you park in those lots it goes into his pocket.I have a feeling Ralph is going to vote for a rookie cap.don't forget the end of the year guilt trip,if we don't start selling tixs buffalo can't afford this I will look else were unless the taxpayers give me a new stadium were I have full control.

The Lions are bad because they've had injuries to their starting QB and RB. The lost to the Bears b/c of a questionable call at the end of the game, they lost to the Eagles by 3 and the Pack by 2 on the road. It's called being competitive.

If we're counting almost-wins as wins now, the Bills have made the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years.

To me, 0-16 is worst case scenario. Our guys are used to losing. We need to turn that around ASAP and have our guys learn how to win. the only way to do that is pin your ears back, put your best guys out there, and in the words of Perry Fewell "play like hell and win". Winning begets winning and losing begets losing. It's not looking good now, but I'm holding out hope. I'm rooting for 12-4.

It's not fair to your players or your fans to tank a season. I'm afraid though that's what we're doing.

It wasn't a complete overhaul at all. Mayhew, the current GM, worked for Millen, and is now in his 9th year with the Lions. As for coaching overhauls, the Bills have been there and done that. In fact, if memory serves, they did it this year.

http://www.detroitlions.com/team/staff/martin-mayhew/c907f443-35e8-40fb-a48b-512e27d1b778