Lynch trade should start domino effect

Drew026

Same as you. I come here to exercise my sense of moral superiority.

I rarely make moral judgements on this board, with the only possible exception being some Mike Vick posts.

These posts have nothing to do with morality, they are really about judging, and offering opinions. Often the only appropriate reaction to the farcical situations that the Bills and their fans seem to end up in, is irreverence.

I think I am being a realist. Not even one of the Bills players is from Buffalo, they have no reason to feel loyalty to the city. Given the history of the team for the last decade, any reasonable person would not want to be chosen by the Bills. That's not "self-loathing", that just understanding that from a players perspective, this is a bad organization to play for, and that seems to be something that SOME posters on this board don't understand (I don't know how they couldn't notice that, but some don't seem to).

I rarely make moral judgements on this board, with the only possible exception being some Mike Vick posts.

These posts have nothing to do with morality, they are really about judging, and offering opinions. Often the only appropriate reaction to the farcical situations that the Bills and their fans seem to end up in, is irreverence.

I think I am being a realist. Not even one of the Bills players is from Buffalo, they have no reason to feel loyalty to the city. Given the history of the team for the last decade, any reasonable person would not want to be chosen by the Bills. That's not "self-loathing", that just understanding that from a players perspective, this is a bad organization to play for, and that seems to be something that SOME posters on this board don't understand (I don't know how they couldn't notice that, but some don't seem to).

That's been happening for a lot longer than the last decade, and not just with the Bills.

Tim Graham put it perfectly on Schopp and the Bulldog today, that whats the point in going 3-13 with no extra picks, when you can go 2-14/1-15 with picks to truely rebuild this team.

That is a stupid argument. Evans is a 1st round pick. However, you are likely to get another 4th rounder for him like Lynch. How would you translate that 4th round back to a starting WR?

No one expected them to win this year, my issue is that it appears the FO doesn't have a plan/direction to rebuilding and are just throwing away a full season to play 16 more Pre-Season games and evaluate the Roster.

What makes you believe that they are going to find a decent linemen in the 4th? Was it the success they had drafting them this draft? So what you are saying is that the bills should continue to move former #1 draft picks for 4th round or lower picks? Why not just move their future 1st round picks to get a couple of 4ths and maybe some conditional picks now instead of wasting time actually making the picks and moving them in a few years from now

This team already bottomed out last year, this year they decided they weren't deep enough and want to continue to dig down to see if they can find their way out instead of climbing up

Excellent post--but unfortunately, your type of logic is not understood by some here.

The balls of some to tell other fans, "hey, we are going to have to suck for 2 or 3 years and you just have to deal with it as a real fan".

No one expected them to win this year, my issue is that it appears the FO doesn't have a plan/direction to rebuilding and are just throwing away a full season to play 16 more Pre-Season games and evaluate the Roster.

What makes you believe that they are going to find a decent linemen in the 4th? Was it the success they had drafting them this draft? So what you are saying is that the bills should continue to move former #1 draft picks for 4th round or lower picks? Why not just move their future 1st round picks to get a couple of 4ths and maybe some conditional picks now instead of wasting time actually making the picks and moving them in a few years from now

This team already bottomed out last year, this year they decided they weren't deep enough and want to continue to dig down to see if they can find their way out instead of climbing up

I can't tell if they are still blasting deeper or if the water is pouring in. (See sig.)

That is a stupid argument. Evans is a 1st round pick. However, you are likely to get another 4th rounder for him like Lynch. How would you translate that 4th round back to a starting WR?

Evans is a solid reciever on a crap team. How many wins better is Lee Evans going to make us this year and probably next year while the overhaul continues? Better for us to get 1 more pick for him rather then have a decent reciever go to waste on a losing team.

My thought is that evenutally either we figure out how to draft correctly, or eventually we get lucky and hit on a mid round pick. And the more of those we have the better odds we have on hitting.

Thats the idea, draft guys high, sell low and collect draft picks until we have them all!!!!!!!

Building with high draft picks have allowed many teams to pull themselves up from the NFL basement quickly, like the Lions, Raiders, Browns and 49ers just to name a few

and that has worked so well for them I know you were pointing out the same