Can you tell the difference between...

Rubes

From Ask Tom Donohoe:

Mike (Orchard Park, NY): Are there any plans to add a second jumbotron or scoreboard at Ralph Wilson Stadium like in many other stadiums around the league?

TD: With regard to improvements at Ralph Wilson Stadium, we look at the stadium and the surrounding area each year and try to find ways to improve it. Our goal is to always add to the game day experience for our fans and make it more enjoyable. All additions that we evaluate must be cost effective and must be something that we feel would enhance the enjoyment of the spectator at our stadium.

From Ask Mike Mularkey:

Mark Maefs (Buffalo, NY): Any chance that Terrence McGee will ever get a chance to play WR? The guy is great in the open field. He seems to have good hands too.

MM: No, we haven't talked about that.

HINT: These were both yes-or-no questions.

From Ask Tom Donohoe:

From Ask Mike Mularkey:

150476[/snapback]

I read both of their question/answer sessions on bb.com and found them both to be pretty funny. MM does dance a little when asked a tough question but for the most part you get a straight answer. TD on the other hand is the ultimate politician when it comes to answering questions. You really have to read between the lines to figure out what the answer is. Pretty funny stuff though.

I read both of their question/answer sessions on bb.com and found them both to be pretty funny. MM does dance a little when asked a tough question but for the most part you get a straight answer. TD on the other hand is the ultimate politician when it comes to answering questions. You really have to read between the lines to figure out what the answer is. Pretty funny stuff though.

150483[/snapback]

I basically have stopped reading TD's sessions. They are, for the most part, unsatisfying and uninformative. He rarely gives a direct answer to a question, and even more rarely provides an informative answer to a question.

Guest TD's Mom

150483[/snapback]

I basically have stopped reading TD's sessions. They are, for the most part, unsatisfying and uninformative. He rarely gives a direct answer to a question, and even more rarely provides an informative answer to a question.

150516[/snapback]

what makes anyone think that TD is going to truthfully and completely answer questions like "are you planning on re-signing Jonas Jennings?" "Are you thinking about trading Henry?"

Are you kidding me?!?!? If anyone has ever had to negotiate ANYTHING, you would know that he's not going to show his hand or give ANY sort of clue as to what is in the works.

I think it would be common sense that we're not going to get definitive answers for questions like that. Also, it would worry me if our GM/President?Lead Business Man was blabbing to idiots(myself included) on a website.

what makes anyone think that TD is going to truthfully and completely answer questions like "are you planning on re-signing Jonas Jennings?" "Are you thinking about trading Henry?"

Are you kidding me?!?!?  If anyone has ever had to negotiate ANYTHING, you would know that he's not going to show his hand or give ANY sort of clue as to what is in the works.

I think it would be common sense that we're not going to get definitive answers for questions like that.  Also, it would worry me if our GM/President?Lead Business Man was blabbing to idiots(myself included) on a website.

151193[/snapback]

I'm sorry did you say something?

Let's see--if TD and MM were really honest:

Mike (Orchard Park, NY): Are there any plans to add a second jumbotron or scoreboard at Ralph Wilson Stadium like in many other stadiums around the league?

TD: With regard to improvements at Ralph Wilson Stadium, we look at the stadium and the surrounding area each year and try to find ways to improve it. Our goal is to always add to the game day experience for our fans and make it more enjoyable. All additions that we evaluate must be cost effective and must be something that we feel would enhance the enjoyment of the spectator at our stadium.

What TD really wants to say: Hey Mike---does the word NO mean anything to you. You !@#$ing fans, all you do is want, want, want. Tell you what Mike--here's my old 15" CRT Monitor and a !@#$ing magnifying glass--now imagine its a jumbotron.

Mark Maefs (Buffalo, NY): Any chance that Terrence McGee will ever get a chance to play WR? The guy is great in the open field. He seems to have good hands too.

MM: No, we haven't talked about that.

What MM really wants to say: Hi Mark. Terrence is already on the field about 60% of our plays...we are trying to sign him to an extension on the relative cheap and also keep him healthy for the roles where he is truly a difference maker (KR and CB)...we already have good receivers if you haven't noticed. My recommendation to you--keep smoking crack and sending me ideas--one may stick.

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if I found out that it was Tom's secretary that writes that stuff. . .it seems to be TOO carefully structured and organized. Most press reporters and secretary's have pre-done answers to many questions, that is one reason why they usually have no direct connection to the question itself. You can tell Mike answers his though, most of the words are misspelled and they just seem like they were typed by a normal human, not a robot. At least with Mike we get somewhat decent answers.

The thing is, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if I found out that it was Tom's secretary that writes that stuff. . .it seems to be TOO carefully structured and organized. Most press reporters and secretary's have pre-done answers to many questions, that is one reason why they usually have no direct connection to the question itself. You can tell Mike answers his though, most of the words are misspelled and they just seem like they were typed by a normal human, not a robot. At least with Mike we get somewhat decent answers.

151274[/snapback]

Josh--you are dead on with TD...it might be Bills VP of PR Scott Berchtold and his staff though not his admin...

yeah, you quoted it smart guy

151240[/snapback]

And I ignored it too.

What, you think there is something so incredibly secret about plans for another jumbotron? TD doesn't want to tip his hand on that critical issue?

And I ignored it too.

What, you think there is something so incredibly secret about plans for another jumbotron? TD doesn't want to tip his hand on that critical issue?

151347[/snapback]

yep, the plans for the jumbotron are gonna send us to the Superbowl, you'll see.

and you obviously didnt ignore it, actually, what you did was the EXACT OPPOSITE of ignoring it. to ignore: to refuse to acknowledge.

you acknowledged, quoted and replied.

stop lying to yourself.

yep, the plans for the jumbotron are gonna send us to the Superbowl, you'll see.

and you obviously didnt ignore it, actually, what you did was the EXACT OPPOSITE of ignoring it. to ignore: to refuse to acknowledge.

you acknowledged, quoted and replied.

stop lying to yourself.

151351[/snapback]

This sounds like antithesis of most of the infrequent arguments between my lovely and talented wife and me...

You're ignoring me...

No dear I am not ignoring you....

:w00t:

Guest TD's Mom
This sounds like antithesis of most of the infrequent arguments between my lovely and talented wife and me...

You're ignoring me...

No dear I am not ignoring you....

:w00t:

151357[/snapback]

i lol'ed, thats pretty good

150476[/snapback]

i don't live anywhere near buffalo anymore, so the bills info i get isn't always 1st hand. but generally the impression i get anytime i hear a yes/no answer from donahoe/mularky

donahoe: long winded "stay tuned" answer

mularky: yes donahoe