(OT)Anyone know where i can find 6 ohm speakers

The Poojer

i just got a aiwa bookshelf stereo set, no speakers. a customer gave it to me because he said it could not be repaired, turns out it is working fine but requires 6 ohm speakers. the repair place i took it to suggested i try thrift stores. i have yet to that. i am now on e-bay looking but the choices are vast. anyone have any good suggestions? should I google it?

i just got a aiwa bookshelf stereo set, no speakers.  a customer gave it to me because he said it could not be repaired, turns out it is working fine but requires 6 ohm speakers.  the repair place i took it to suggested i try thrift stores.  i have yet to that.  i am now on e-bay looking but the choices are vast.  anyone have any good suggestions?  should I google it?

150461[/snapback]

I got a better suggestion - go to http://www.avsforum.com and click on the Audio--> Speaker section. Before registering and posting, you can search the sub-forum for something like '6 ohm' and see what you get. If you get no answer, I suggest registering and posting a question. You should get a resposne within 24 hours. Advantage - you get no commercial solicitations or biased advice. It is all geeks so you get the correct advice. If you need any more help, PM me.

i just got a aiwa bookshelf stereo set, no speakers.  a customer gave it to me because he said it could not be repaired, turns out it is working fine but requires 6 ohm speakers.  the repair place i took it to suggested i try thrift stores.  i have yet to that.  i am now on e-bay looking but the choices are vast.  anyone have any good suggestions?  should I google it?

150461[/snapback]

Okay, I did the searching for you and got this answer. Seems simple enough as 8 ohms are easy to find. Don't go 4 ohm though:

Author Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread

11-04-04 06:20 PM

foogles

6ohm receiver with 8 ohm speakers

Kind of a reversal of the normal question I find here.

I'm fairly new to speakers so this may be a dumb question. Is there any issue with using 8ohm speakers with a receiver that is rated at 6 ohms?

Thanks.

11-04-04 08:17 PM

graphicguy

AVS Special Member

Nope....no problems. If an AVR can drive 6 OHM speakers, it should drive 8 OHMs quite well.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty but the pigs actually like it.

POST #2 |