Jim Rome is mocking the Bills

ET1062

He also said he thinks the Bills have some of the best fans in the league and he's not slamming us, just our team. Which, as much as I hate Rome, I have to admit he has every right to do. The players suck, the front office sucks, the coaching sucks. The only thing that doesn't suck is the fan base. And though we may not suck, we sure look like a bunch of suckers right now.

It is official, the Bills are a national laughing stock. On the bright side, at least the losing four superbowl jokes will be replaced with losing every game by 30 jokes.

Really? I must have missed the fact every media outlet in the world has been making fun of us (and rightfully so) for YEARS now

Rome was not mocking the Bills...at all. The haters for Rome are great. The show is !@#$ing hilarious. If it doesn't fit your sense of humor, or lack there of, that makes a guy an ass? I don't like that call.

Maybe you tried to call with a good rant and you got run, or they wouldn't put your call through...I would bet that was more the case.

OP, this is an awesome alarmist piece... Rome simply said we weren't good...in fact he went so far as to praise the area and the fans, and say that it hurt him we were so bad, but we were bad. Oddly enough, he only talked about us because the Jets were here, no to knock us. We aren't important enough to get knocked.

Edited by Beebe's Kid

As much as I have to agree that my beloved Bills are in fact a laughing stock, I still think Jim Rome is a talentless hack. Always have. :flirt:

Rome was not mocking the Bills...at all. The haters for Rome are great. The show is !@#$ing hilarious. If it doesn't fit your sense of humor, or lack there of, that makes a guy an ass? I don't like that call.

Maybe you tried to call with a good rant and you got run, or they wouldn't put your call through...I would bet that was more the case.

OP, this is an awesome alarmist piece... Rome simply said we weren't good...in fact he went so far as to praise the area and the fans, and say that it hurt him we were so bad, but we were bad. Oddly enough, he only talked about us because the Jets were here, no to knock us. We aren't important enough to get knocked.

I don't think the show is hilarious and it isn't me not "getting it." It isn't to hard to "get." I just think his delivery is dry and half the time It feels like he is just reading it off the prompter going through the motions. He has that ONE inflection with his voice he uses for every punchline. I get it, it's really just not that funny. Sorry.

I had to delete my "Rome sucks" post. Sure some of his bits are annoying, but overall he does a pretty decent show. God knows he's head and tails above Collin Cowherd.

Cowherd would be a better business talk show host.

You know him pretty well for someone who hates him and that's the problem. He gets ratings.

My apologies that WGR has to play his show for hours in the afternoon, thinking that it will fill the need for sports talk. I tune in once every few weeks (or less) just to hear what might be talked about. More often than not, I'm left still wondering what is going on in the world of sports. He spends more time repeating his silly one liners than talking about any real information ... usually with a recorded sound bit of something that is more than often taken out of context just to make himself even 'funnier'. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt ... especially since so many think that he does a great interview. I've never heard what other seem to hear. All that he ever does is get guests to answer meaningless questions which usually tend to buoy his own self-absorbed arrogrance.

I've never supported advertizers on his show ... or those from WGR during his show ... and my radio doesn't have a special transceiver that sends info to ESPN to let them know that I'm listening. He doesn't get ratings from me. He gets ratings from people who want their 30 seconds of fame b/c Jim Rome read their e-mail or talked to them on the show. It's the radio equivalent of America's Got Talent ... without anyone with enough talent to win (in other words, just the freak shows that want to be on TV).

My apologies that WGR has to play his show for hours in the afternoon, thinking that it will fill the need for sports talk. I tune in once every few weeks (or less) just to hear what might be talked about. More often than not, I'm left still wondering what is going on in the world of sports. He spends more time repeating his silly one liners than talking about any real information ... usually with a recorded sound bit of something that is more than often taken out of context just to make himself even 'funnier'. I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt ... especially since so many think that he does a great interview. I've never heard what other seem to hear. All that he ever does is get guests to answer meaningless questions which usually tend to buoy his own self-absorbed arrogrance.

I've never supported advertizers on his show ... or those from WGR during his show ... and my radio doesn't have a special transceiver that sends info to ESPN to let them know that I'm listening. He doesn't get ratings from me. He gets ratings from people who want their 30 seconds of fame b/c Jim Rome read their e-mail or talked to them on the show. It's the radio equivalent of America's Got Talent ... without anyone with enough talent to win (in other words, just the freak shows that want to be on TV).

Well if you like long, awkward pauses, or dull/repetitive attempts at humor, or crappy music, he's great. :lol:

Of course, the Bills deserve the verbal beatdowns they are getting from all sides.

Edited by flopagamo

He is incredibly creative. Like his schtick or not, you couldn't possibly argue that he's not creative. No one is doing what he's doing. I find the guy hilarious.

I can't argue with you. You're right, he's really the first one to ever bring the snark to sports media. Making fun of the Bills is one of the more original thoughts I've seen making the rounds. It's pretty cool that Rome came up with that one so we could all enjoy.