Johnson fined $10K for celebration

Beerball

Except that it wasn't choreographed and there were no props....

Try again.

Well, the refs and I think it was choreographed, so you might want to give the NFL a call and let them know your opinion. I'm sure it will be received very well. Like your post.

Well, the refs and I think it was choreographed, so you might want to give the NFL a call and let them know your opinion. I'm sure it will be received very well. Like your post.

Want to show me a link where it says the fine was because it was choreographed?

The NFL said: ""Steve Johnson was fined $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct (specifically, after a touchdown, he made an inappropriate gesture)."

Nothing about choreography there.

Nice try though!

I'm glad he got a fine, he's not Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald, big deal he scored a TD on a bad team, he should be fined for acting like an idiot. I did think it was creative and funny tho, but still, he deserved it.

Exactly. Only top-rated fantasy football players on teams with a winning record should be allowed to celebrate. All others should be fined and told to sit their mediocre arses down till they do something good.

"Johnson realized his mistake, admitting he needed to be smarter when celebrating scores in the future."

Scores in the future???

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, and once again the homers are out "he shouldn't have been fined". If a Patriot did that, you all would be SCREAMING for a fine. Like another poster said, EVERYONE knew he'd get flagged/fined when he did it. I think it's stupid that players can't celebrate more, but THEY KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES. I think with all of this, the Lambeau Leap should be penalized/fined. One of these days a fan is going to get helmet-to-nose contact and break their face.

agree with them or not, players know the rules and that could easily be recognized as breaking them. it was a dumb thing to do at that point so the fine will help everyone on the team remember not to go overboard

I wonder why no Packer players are fined for drawing attention towards themselves by using Lambeau stadium and its fans as a prop as they leap into the stands?

great point

it takes no more time to pretend youre shooting a rifle than to jump in the stands. its also a pretty dramatic gesture, so i agree it should be outlawed and called if it happens. somebody should pester the officials or something. lol. fat lotta good it would do, tho. its a tradition that the average viewer probably likes, so at this point you got no chance stopping it, even tho it appears to clearly qualify

Want to show me a link where it says the fine was because it was choreographed?

The NFL said: ""Steve Johnson was fined $10,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct (specifically, after a touchdown, he made an inappropriate gesture)."

Nothing about choreography there.

Nice try though!

The only thing I'm trying to do is to impart knowledge to you. You are clearly either too dense or too deep into denial to listen.

You can lookup Unsportsmanlike Conduct in the NFL rule book if you like. Look at Section 3 Article 1 (d) and (e).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1600781438#reader_1600781438

Whenever a player is flagged, which Stevie Johnson was, there is a personal fine assessed to the individual.

I guess you can vent your displeasure with the No Fun League, but the NFL is pretty consistent with this. The only exception is the Lambeau Leap.

The ref is supposed to warn the individual to stop if they're itchy to throw the flag. So which ever ref through the flag gave a whole hearted or half-assed attempt to waive Stevie off, Stevie either didn't see or ignored it.

Flag was thrown.

Fine will come later that week.

This is just basic NFL knowledge. No real need to discuss or argue.

I'm sorry, but the NFL is trying to take fans away from the game. From the penalization of reasonable celebrations, to the overprotection of players where you can't even breathe on certain QB's, to owners being allowed to gouge the fans, to NFL forcing sell-outs in a bad economy to prevent blackouts, the NFL is making the game hard to afford and hard to watch.

Football is supposed to be a fun and violent game. Let the players celebrate. Let the players kill each other on the field. It is more entertaining when you see a QB getting crushed into the ground without the player worrying about his grazing the helmet for a 15 yard penalty.

With owners raising prices, it is pricing the blue collar fan out of the game. So a lot of teams have undeserving fans with big pocketbooks for luxury suites, which takes up space for a few thousand seats. Meanwhile if they are enough people in a market to fan for the obscene prices to watch a game, the fans lose out by not being able to watch the game. The logic here baffles me as the NFL makes MOST of its money via TV revenue.

I'm sorry, but the NFL is trying to take fans away from the game. From the penalization of reasonable celebrations, to the overprotection of players where you can't even breathe on certain QB's, to owners being allowed to gouge the fans, to NFL forcing sell-outs in a bad economy to prevent blackouts, the NFL is making the game hard to afford and hard to watch.

Football is supposed to be a fun and violent game. Let the players celebrate. Let the players kill each other on the field. It is more entertaining when you see a QB getting crushed into the ground without the player worrying about his grazing the helmet for a 15 yard penalty.

With owners raising prices, it is pricing the blue collar fan out of the game. So a lot of teams have undeserving fans with big pocketbooks for luxury suites, which takes up space for a few thousand seats. Meanwhile if they are enough people in a market to fan for the obscene prices to watch a game, the fans lose out by not being able to watch the game. The logic here baffles me as the NFL makes MOST of its money via TV revenue.

You make some very good points.

One more point ... there still are many fans that do not want to see excessive showboating. There was a time when quarterbacks did get "crushed into the ground" and the guy who did the "crushing" just got up and walked away. There was a time when a special teams reserve player made a tackle and did not celebrate like he just freed the Western World.

The great Packer teams of Vince Lombardi never did the "Lambeau Leap".

Some fans actually prefer sportmanship and a grace. Performance without one-ups-manship. I appears that we are becoming a minority.

The only thing I'm trying to do is to impart knowledge to you. You are clearly either too dense or too deep into denial to listen.

You can lookup Unsportsmanlike Conduct in the NFL rule book if you like. Look at Section 3 Article 1 (d) and (e).

http://www.amazon.co...ader_1600781438

This is just basic NFL knowledge. No real need to discuss or argue.

Thanks for including the rule that proves you're completely wrong about the choreographed portion. In Section 3, Article 1, (e), it states:

"TWO OR MORE PLAYERS engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations."

Johnson was obviously not flagged for choreography based on the rules.

I also see no mention of fines related to celebrations in the book -- I did a search in the book for "fine," and only had one reference that was not related to celebrations.

Anything else you'd like to say about choreography or props?

Thanks for including the rule that proves you're completely wrong about the choreographed portion. In Section 3, Article 1, (e), it states:

"TWO OR MORE PLAYERS engage in prolonged, excessive, premeditated, or choreographed celebrations."

Johnson was obviously not flagged for choreography based on the rules.

I also see no mention of fines related to celebrations in the book -- I did a search in the book for "fine," and only had one reference that was not related to celebrations.

Anything else you'd like to say about choreography or props?

What have you devolved this into?

My point is pretty simple, players that are flagged for excessive celebration are fined.

Why is this a surprise?

The reason why you searched for fines and didn't get a result is because fines are not in the rulebook.

The rulebook is for rules.

Player conduct is handled by a disciplinary group that reviews game films and specifically reviews unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

I don't know why you're trying to argue about NFL policy. It's kinda strange. If there were refs on this board I'm pretty sure you'd be flagged for unsportsmanlike posting and possibly be assesed a fine when the mods review the posts latter in the week.

What have you devolved this into?

My point is pretty simple, players that are flagged for excessive celebration are fined.

Why is this a surprise?

The reason why you searched for fines and didn't get a result is because fines are not in the rulebook.

The rulebook is for rules.

Player conduct is handled by a disciplinary group that reviews game films and specifically reviews unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

I don't know why you're trying to argue about NFL policy. It's kinda strange. If there were refs on this board I'm pretty sure you'd be flagged for unsportsmanlike posting and possibly be assesed a fine when the mods review the posts latter in the week.

I haven't devolved it into anything - I commented that your statement, " Well, the refs and I think it was choreographed, so you might want to give the NFL a call and let them know your opinion. I'm sure it will be received very well. Like your post" was incorrect. And now you backpedal.

Oh, and I was a football ref a few years back and I'm a mod here now.... So I just won't assess a penalty or fine on myself, k? ;)

"Johnson realized his mistake, admitting he needed to be smarter when celebrating scores in the future."

Scores in the future???

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, and once again the homers are out "he shouldn't have been fined". If a Patriot did that, you all would be SCREAMING for a fine. Like another poster said, EVERYONE knew he'd get flagged/fined when he did it. I think it's stupid that players can't celebrate more, but THEY KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES. I think with all of this, the Lambeau Leap should be penalized/fined. One of these days a fan is going to get helmet-to-nose contact and break their face.

and I eat my words.