Moats to OLB

dgrid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much do you want to bet he gets a sack on Sunday?

Guy looked like crap at ILB early in pre-season, but slowly came on and every time he was asked to rush the passer, there was havoc.

Contrast that with Maybin, who looks like he gets smooshed directly downward everytime he tries to rush the passer.

I agree, I think he gets a sack and puts pressure on the QB a couple of times. The guy is a hard worker and unlike Maybin, he knows how to play football. I hope he has a good game and can stick in the lineup.

I agree, I think he gets a sack and puts pressure on the QB a couple of times. The guy is a hard worker and unlike Maybin, he knows how to play football. I hope he has a good game and can stick in the lineup.

+1 I bet he makes an impact right away. Would like to see more of Chris Ellis. He was also starting to contribute but found bench time after getting his first sack.

Really? I would be surprised if he touches the field for anything other than special teams. He likely goes behind Antonio Coleman on the OLB depth chart to start. I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive. Not to say I don't like him as a player and think he has a decent future, just not this week, and probably not next.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Really? I would be surprised if he touches the field for anything other than special teams. He likely goes behind Antonio Coleman on the OLB depth chart to start. I wouldn't be surprised if he's inactive. Not to say I don't like him as a player and think he has a decent future, just not this week, and probably not next.

We'll see. <_<

I don't want to get my hopes up high and crown the guy too early. But if he or any other young OLB steps in and plays even average or above it will make the Kelsay extension look even dumber! They rushed to extend a guy playing out of position that nobody wanted! Now to avoid having egg on their face they will definitely try to make that square peg fit unless he got hurt. I'd rather see one of these young guys get a chance to improve than watch an average vet fade!

from Chris Brown at bb.com:

Whether Moats gets the chance to rush from the OLB position on Sunday remains to be seen, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he got 10-15 snaps knowing how much Gailey would like to jumpstart the pass rush. It’s all part of Gailey and his staff finding the right personnel combinations and they know they need more consistent pass pressure.

FWIW.

What about Coleman, has no stats. has he been seeing snaps? SP?

And so MAYBEn checks for airport departure times on tuesday.

Not exactly. That might imply another team has claimed him off waivers. 31 other teams can't be as dumb as the Bills were on this guy.

Moats seeing time means that the Bills experiment with Maybin is coming to a conclusion and are running out of options on pass rushers.

Not exactly. That might imply another team has claimed him off waivers. 31 other teams can't be as dumb as the Bills were on this guy.

Moats seeing time means that the Bills experiment with Maybin is coming to a conclusion and are running out of options on pass rushers.

I really don't believe moving Moats to OLB will cut into the amount of playing time Maybin sees. The reason I'm saying this is because Maybin has been seeing most of his snaps as a DE in our 4-3 package this year....I really can't recall him seeing many snaps at OLB yet.

Hopefully, the Bills will wise up and start using Coleman a little more, especially as a DE when they line up in a 4-3. I was impressed with what I saw from Coleman during the preseason and I don't see how he wouldn't be an upgrade over Maybin.

Hopefully, the Bills will wise up and start using Coleman a little more, especially as a DE when they line up in a 4-3. I was impressed with what I saw from Coleman during the preseason and I don't see how he wouldn't be an upgrade over Maybin.

plus maybe, just maybe he developed some coverage skills as ILB.