Ryder Cup begins 2:30am Friday

Wooderson

Check out this pic...apparently it's legit. Tiger duffs a shot directly into a camera lens and the photographer got the picture.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-gives-us-the-greatest-golf-photo-you?urn=golf-274331

That's pretty cool. The comment at the end about Tiger giving him an evil glare seems like a bit much though.

I caught the end online.

I tried that when I got to work but I was getting a technical difficulties message. I really didn't expect to see much of it this morning, but it would have been nice. This is always such a fun tournament to watch, it's a shame that it had to end on a monday morning with very few viewers over here in the states.

If the US could ever figure out how to win consistently in the team matches, the Eurotrash would never win another Ryder Cup.

Yeah we really screwed the pooch in "session 3". But because it came down to a half-point, here are a couple things to think about:

- who held out on Fowler when he was playing the wrong ball? Someone (a rules official?) immediately made the call after Fowler hit the wrong ball. So why didn't they speak up sooner? The commentator said Fowler dropped the ball twice then placed it on the cart path. Fowler should've known better but he is only 21 and this might've been the first alternate shot match he played in. And the caddie definitely should've known better. But still, who held out?

- Cink played solidly in fighting back from 2 down after 2 and halving a match with young gun and mutch higher ranked Rory McIlroy. Now only if he didn't three-putt #15 from like 15' or miss the 2'-3' on #17. That would've been enough for the half-point

Yeah we really screwed the pooch in "session 3". But because it came down to a half-point, here are a couple things to think about:

Probably a half dozen matches they could have salvaged a half point somewhere along the way. Too bad, but hopefully we can get it back on our own soil in 2012.

Probably a half dozen matches they could have salvaged a half point somewhere along the way. Too bad, but hopefully we can get it back on our own soil in 2012.

A half-dozen matches were close. The rest were fairly decisive. The close matches were:

a. Ses1: Cink/Kuchar v. McDowell/McIlroy - halved - well-played even match

b. Ses2: Fowler/Furyk v Kaymer/Westwood - halved - see the Fowler situation above

c. Ses3: Overton/Watson v. Hanson/Jimenez - 1dn - Europe squeaked out the win deservedly

d. Ses3: Cink/Kuchar v E&F Molinari - halved - we got lucky when FM missed a 2' on #8,

e. Ses4: Cink v McIlroy - halved - see Cink cituation above

f. Ses4: Fowler v E. Molinari - halved - Fowler fights back to halve the match but EM didn't really do anything terrible to blow it.

So let's say d. cancels e. It still comes down to the Fowler wrong-ball situation. That blows. Can someone explain how the "loss-of-hole" was invoked so quickly yet that person couldn't have said something prior?